Board technical issues

Moderator12

I'm not sure why that was happening, but I contacted GoDaddy's security cert people. Either it was a momentary glitch, or they fixed whatever the issue was.

11 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm not sure why that was happening, but I contacted GoDaddy's security cert people. Either it was a momentary glitch, or they fixed whatever the issue was.

It's back. I couldn't tag you or upload screen shot of the error. 

11 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's still showing as not secure

This site has a valid certificate, issued by a trusted authority.

However, some parts of the site are not secure. This means information (such as passwords or credit cards) might not be securely sent to this site and may be intercepted or seen by others.

32 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm getting it on Edge too

Your connection isn't private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.eaglesmessageboard.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Same thing I got.

29 minutes ago, NOTW said:

It's back. I couldn't tag you or upload screen shot of the error. 

29 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

It's still showing as not secure

This site has a valid certificate, issued by a trusted authority.

However, some parts of the site are not secure. This means information (such as passwords or credit cards) might not be securely sent to this site and may be intercepted or seen by others.

I have family here, so I'm in and out but keeping an eye out as I can. 

Where are you still getting errors? 

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I have family here, so I'm in and out but keeping an eye out as I can. 

Where are you still getting errors? 

image.png.afb94d37a35aa4e8b7cee156b95fac40.png

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

image.png.afb94d37a35aa4e8b7cee156b95fac40.png

That may be in your cache, I don't have any errors at all on any of my browsers or devices, even on page 28 of this thread like you've linked. What browser are you using?

Just checked the trouble ticket that I submitted earlier and it was a simple issue that they fixed easily.

Hey there,

I got your site back up and running. Doesn't look like there was any problem. It's an easy fix so if you notice it happen again, just let us know.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That may be in your cache, I don't have any errors at all on any of my browsers or devices, even on page 28 of this thread like you've linked. What browser are you using?

I don't have it anymore. Thanks

36 minutes ago, Toty said:

I don't get the... "Doesn't look like there was any problem." and "It's an easy fix." :unsure:

support techs drive me nuts sometimes 

I don't know, maybe it was just an easy reset instead of something like I didn't pay the bill lol. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Toty said:

I don't get the... "Doesn't look like there was any problem." and "It's an easy fix." :unsure:

support techs drive me nuts sometimes 

Sometimes that means they know they screwed up and are giving an answer to suggest it's no worries, or they don't really know so they just tried to "reset" something and it happened to work but don't really know why and are hoping it doesn't happen again.

But the message I got was the security certificate expired so they probably just updated that date.

35 minutes ago, NOTW said:

But the message I got was the security certificate expired so they probably just updated that date.

It could have been something like the date on the server where our site is hosted was incorrect. Something simple like that, which had nothing to do with us but was on their end. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue I haven't seen discussed or addressed yet. Been going on for a couple months but I'm not a complainer. B-)

Finally decided to ask for Help. 

As I'm reading a page (The Blog, for instance), included tweets at first appear as text, then slowly resolve, one at a time, into small tweet windows, but as they change over the page jumps up and down from tweet to tweet as each one loads. It can take 10 to 15 seconds for the tweets to convert from text to window, with the page bouncing all over. Additionally, if I click on a tweet, it will open in a new window and when I close it the original tweet window is now much larger, appearing as it probably should in the first place. 

Clear as mud, right? Not sure how else to describe it. Probably some setting I have mangled but most annoying.

Anyone else having this issue or similar problem with tweets loading?

I'm running Firefox on a laptop w/ Win10 OS. Cache and cookies cleared but no change to this behavior.

Help? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Doc S. said:

I'm having an issue I haven't seen discussed or addressed yet. Been going on for a couple months but I'm not a complainer. B-)

As I'm reading a page (The Blog, for instance), included tweets at first appear as text, then slowly resolve, one at a time, into small tweet windows, but as they change over the page jumps up and down from tweet to tweet as each one loads. It can take 10 to 15 seconds for the tweets to convert from text to window, with the page bouncing all over. Additionally, if I click on a tweet, it will open in a new window and when I close it the original tweet window is now much larger, appearing as it probably should in the first place. 

Clear as mud, right? Not sure how else to describe it. Probably some setting I have mangled but most annoying.

I'm running Firefox on a laptop w/ Win10 OS. Cache and cookies cleared but no change to this behavior.

I get the same thing with the page bouncing. What I find works best, is once you see it happening, give it a few seconds to resolve itself. The page typically bounces back to roughly where you should be when it's done.

Thanks Joe. Good to know I'm not alone.

Wonder if anyone has fixed this and can point us in a direction.....

5 hours ago, Doc S. said:

I've had those problems as well and I'm on Edge browser

I guess I should have complained sooner. :smoke:

Since my post about the tweet issues yesterday, I've had NONE of the problems described earlier. I did not do anything since then to solve the problem, didn't change any settings, clear history or cache or any of that.

Tweets just suddenly began loading correctly, displaying in the right size and format and the page no longer jumps about.

In other words, nothing to see here, move along, as you were...

No idea why the issue resolved, so unfortunately I have no fix to offer to others. We'll see if the correct behavior continues but so far so good.

Maybe @VaBeach_Eagle , notified here after the fact, spun something up behind the scenes or paid the Twitter Bill or something...unknown.

I'll report back if the problem returns, hope you other guys can get a magical fix as well.

:Eagle_smiley:

5 hours ago, Doc S. said:

I guess I should have complained sooner. :smoke:

Since my post about the tweet issues yesterday, I've had NONE of the problems described earlier. I did not do anything since then to solve the problem, didn't change any settings, clear history or cache or any of that.

Tweets just suddenly began loading correctly, displaying in the right size and format and the page no longer jumps about.

In other words, nothing to see here, move along, as you were...

No idea why the issue resolved, so unfortunately I have no fix to offer to others. We'll see if the correct behavior continues but so far so good.

Maybe @VaBeach_Eagle , notified here after the fact, spun something up behind the scenes or paid the Twitter Bill or something...unknown.

I'll report back if the problem returns, hope you other guys can get a magical fix as well.

:Eagle_smiley:

Sure... I fixed it, it was alllll me... B-)

lol Actually, I wasn't on a whole lot yesterday and many times, if I'm not quoted or mentioned, I won't see the post for a little while. 

I've had that situation happen too, though. It's just a matter of how long it takes Pictures, Tweets or Facebook posts (or YouTube videos), to load and display. That can be caused by a number of issues. From our server load to their server load to each person's individual internet connection (the speed at any given moment). 

9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Sure... I fixed it, it was alllll me... B-)

lol Actually, I wasn't on a whole lot yesterday and many times, if I'm not quoted or mentioned, I won't see the post for a little while. 

I've had that situation happen too, though. It's just a matter of how long it takes Pictures, Tweets or Facebook posts (or YouTube videos), to load and display. That can be caused by a number of issues. From our server load to their server load to each person's individual internet connection (the speed at any given moment). 

I didn't expect you to be constantly monitoring this thread for issues, just tagged you afterwards to give you a heads up. :-)

I never had the problem with Facebook or Youtube posts, only those pesky tweets.

If their server is going to go off the reservation every time it gets loaded, we should think about cutting off it's adult beverages...:smoke:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

I didn't expect you to be constantly monitoring this thread for issues, just tagged you afterwards to give you a heads up. :-)

I never had the problem with Facebook or Youtube posts, only those pesky tweets.

If their server is going to go off the reservation every time it gets loaded, we should think about cutting off it's adult beverages...:smoke:

This is one of the threads that I'll check whenever I notice new posts, in case there's issues that I can fix or that I need to contact GoDaddy or Invision about. It just kind of goes along with the territory. If there's any technical issues, small or big, go ahead and tag or quote me to let me know.

On 2/13/2022 at 3:24 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

This is one of the threads that I'll check whenever I notice new posts, in case there's issues that I can fix or that I need to contact GoDaddy or Invision about. It just kind of goes along with the territory. If there's any technical issues, small or big, go ahead and tag or quote me to let me know.

Did the facebook embedding ever get fixed? I just stopped posting facebook links. I guess I could test it out to see if it's working now