Board technical issues

Moderator12

24 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Unless it's in the blog then it doesn't matter because you are 10 pages behind every hour you don't post and they have moved on to 30 new topics lol

Lol. Yeah if I get too far behind I just go to the final page. 

3 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Is there a way to keep track of where you left off in threads?

On another forum, every time I return to a thread in progress, it starts at the first new (to me) post.

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Click on the black circle to the left of the thread title. It’ll be a star if it’s a thread you’ve replied in. 

Yep, that's right. If there's a grayed out circle or star next to the thread, there's no new posts. A round, dark filled in circle means you've never posted in it and there's new posts since you last read that thread, and a dark star means you've posted in it and there's new posts.

KeepingTrack.PNG

Since we're on that topic, if you're out on the main board page and you want to mark an entire forum as "read", click on the icon next to that forum. 

This is how it looks when there's unread posts in forums:

MarkRead.PNG

This is how it looks when I click one of those icons to mark the forum as 'Read':

Marked.PNG

That can be a quick way of seeing where new posts have been made, if you click on all of those icons, marking the entire EMB as 'read'. Then when one (or more) forums get new posts, those icons turn back 'on', indicating that there's new posts in that forum. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Is it possible to change my username? I chose this one 15 years ago and have grown to hate it.

Shoot me or @Moderator12 a PM and let us know what you want it changed to. One of us will give you the address that you'll need to send the $1,500 check to...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Shoot me or @Moderator12 a PM and let us know what you want it changed to. One of us will give you the address that you'll need to send the $1,500 check to...

It’s ok, you can post it in the open. 

eaglejoe8_new_truck_fund@yahoo.com

:whistle: 

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

@VaBeach_Eagle please welcome back @Moe Greene he would like assistance restoring his previous post count and rep points from the old board.  

@Moe Greene, do you know approximately what your old post count was on the old EMB? You don't have to be super accurate, but that will give me an idea of where within the archive to look for you. 

Fine for me. Might i suggest moving to Perth? PM Down U Mikey.

On 11/28/2021 at 8:33 PM, LacesOut said:

Still slow for me. I want my contribution $$ back!!!

Stop using dial up internet.

13 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Facebook links still don't embed :sad:

Are you still using version WW84 ?

When I can, I'll see what's happening in this thread and see if they're things that I can quickly or easily address. There's been some health challenges here (as I've mentioned in the past), and all of my focus is there at the moment. But when I can, I'll see what I can do here. 

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

There's been some health challenges here (as I've mentioned in the past), and all of my focus is there at the moment.

Hope everything is OK.  Thoughts and prayers.

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

When I can, I'll see what's happening in this thread and see if they're things that I can quickly or easily address. There's been some health challenges here (as I've mentioned in the past), and all of my focus is there at the moment. But when I can, I'll see what I can do here. 

Don't worry about it. Take care of your things

Va, 

Do what you gotta do in your real life first.

The really bad 'slowness' issue I was experiencing is gone, thankfully. So, not sure what happened. I did get a new phone. And I assume there was a high volume of traffic on the board, especially with the backup QB playing so damn well. :whistle:

I reported this last year but is anyone else having an issue with previous post media appearing in the box where you compose posts...... Especially when sharing images or embedded tweets 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 11:18 PM, iladelphxx said:

I reported this last year but is anyone else having an issue with previous post media appearing in the box where you compose posts...... Especially when sharing images or embedded tweets 

I've seen that as well.

@VaBeach_Eagle I know it's a busy time for you right now so whenever you have a chance: is there any info from Invision on this?  

54 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

I've seen that as well.

@VaBeach_Eagle I know it's a busy time for you right now so whenever you have a chance: is there any info from Invision on this?  

I'll look and see, likely it will be fixed with the next upgrade of the board. I'm always a bit leery of those upgrades, though, because they can cause new problems. Plus, the board skin will likely have to be re-done. Often times, upgrades break skins.

Once we get through the new year though, I'll talk to them about doing the upgrade and I'll talk to the man that did the skin for us. He may be able to do both in one shot. 

• 5 weeks later...

I am getting a 'certificate expired" error in Firefox. Just started at some point in the last couple of hours.

image.png.76738b394b7e85a11829643fac204268.png

Mobile Samsung

Won't let me upload the screen shot but says security certificate expired yesterday. 

16 minutes ago, metal said:

I am getting a 'certificate expired" error in Firefox. Just started at some point in the last couple of hours.

image.png.76738b394b7e85a11829643fac204268.png

Yup, same here.  Firefox just warned me for the same reason.

I'm getting it on Edge too

Your connection isn't private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.eaglesmessageboard.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID