Board technical issues

Moderator12

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

This is not mobile friendly!

How so, please explain if it's the skin or the board. 

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

How so, please explain if it's the skin or the board. 

It seemed at first the font was to big for mobile use but, I think I'm ok now just had to adjust to it

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It seemed at first the font was to big for mobile use but, I think I'm ok now just had to adjust to it

See how the 3 lines are kind of cut off in the corner? That's how the page opens up but it's minor and I've adjusted to it

Screenshot_20230122-162557.png

Yeah u don’t see the notification red dot as it gets cut off 

Also seems to be a lot of unnecessary horizontal scroll 

• Thanks 2

I'm getting 500 errors trying to pull up CVON. Only when I'm logged in, and other forums seem ok.

If logged out it seems I can view the forum. So it's only CVON, and only when logged in. 

Direct links to specific threads work fine too. Just the forum view listing threads seems to bomb out.

4 hours ago, JohnSnowsHair said:

Every other forum works. Same issue regardless of which browser I use. 

I just tried it and it went right in without an error. Try opening an 'in private' browser and log in, then try it. If it works there but not a regular browser, clear your cookies on the regular one and then try it again. 

8 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I just tried it and it went right in without an error. Try opening an 'in private' browser and log in, then try it. If it works there but not a regular browser, clear your cookies on the regular one and then try it again. 

Yup, I tried all that. Source: am web application developer 🙂

I tried it in Chrome, Firefox, and Brave. Tried in incognito mode, logging in fresh, same 500 error. Cleared my cookies, relogged-in, same 500 error. 

Only on CVON topic list. Every other forum topic list is fine. Individual topics I get to from notifications or "Next unread topic" clicking are fine. It's just the topic list page.

Since it's a 500 error maybe there's something in the log? Not sure, the response body is completely empty. Headers, response code, etc. are as above from dev tools.

3 minutes ago, JohnSnowsHair said:

I tried it in Chrome, Firefox, and Brave. Tried in incognito mode, logging in fresh, same 500 error. Cleared my cookies, relogged-in, same 500 error. 

Only on CVON topic list. Every other forum topic list is fine. Individual topics I get to from notifications or "Next unread topic" clicking are fine. It's just the topic list page.

Since it's a 500 error maybe there's something in the log? Not sure, the response body is completely empty. Headers, response code, etc. are as above from dev tools.

I'll see what I can figure out on it. 

Have you tried accessing on a different device, also (if possible)?

I access from a desktop. Still seems as if something has changed. 

New ranks for one. Appearance also seems different. Did I miss something? :o

21 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

I access from a desktop. Still seems as if something has changed. 

New ranks for one. Appearance also seems different. Did I miss something? :o

The board was upgraded yesterday. The old board software was badly out of date and had a lot of security holes that left us potentially open to hackers. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Looks like access to CVON is down. 

I just created a test name for myself, and it works for me. How are you accessing the site, PC or Mobile?

Just now, downundermike said:

Just a heads up @VaBeach_Eagle I was able to post in the russia/ukraine thread 

If you click on the CVON forum from WU, do you go right in or does it give you an error?

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If you click on the CVON forum from WU, do you go right in or does it give you an error?

I can get into from WU, or clicking the link in the unread posts view.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I can get into from WU, or clicking the link in the unread posts view.

17 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Looks like access to CVON is down. 

1 hour ago, JohnSnowsHair said:

Since some people can get right in and other's can't, I'm thinking that it might be a propagation issue and if I'm correct, that will eventually work itself out. I could be completely wrong, but that's kind of like what seems like at the moment. 

18 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I just created a test name for myself, and it works for me. How are you accessing the site, PC or Mobile?

PC. I can get into indivual threads by clicking my likes. But clicking on the CVON link to enter gets me.

image.png.9e729191baa77f0386c2d767e00a381b.png

1 minute ago, jsdarkstar said:

PC. I can get into indivual threads but my likes. But clicking on the CVON link to enter gets me.

image.png.9e729191baa77f0386c2d767e00a381b.png

Log out and try to get in and see if the same thing happens. 

5 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

PC. I can get into indivual threads by clicking my likes. But clicking on the CVON link to enter gets me.

Also, do me a favor and click into each forum and see if any others have that issue or if you get right in. 

4 minutes ago, JohnSnowsHair said:

The same issue exists on mobile or PC for me. Android mobile, tried Brave and Chrome both.

Have you tried accessing while being logged out?

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@VaBeach_Eagle another thing I noticed, it is not reflecting our post count in our status, and says "Members" under our avatar and the setting that you use to change it is unavailable.

Invision made some changes to that and did away with displaying some of that stuff. There are custom modifications that I have to make to get some of that stuff back like 'normal'. Lile member titles, likes displaying and so on. 

Those are some things that I'll do, but it involves digging into the code and altering some stuff. So I'll do those things as time allows.