Board technical issues

Moderator12

22 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Even on PC? I'm too lazy to do that lol

Lol, yep. It’s just out of habit. 

[spoiler]Dallas sucks. [/spoiler]

Yeah, didn’t work for me either. 

VA, coding for the thread/forum markers (eagles heads) needs to be adjusted. they look compressed either because of wrong ratio used (square picture fitting rectangular cell) or image is too small for cell size. could be both.

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

I am also not see the spoiler option in mobile 

8 hours ago, BFit said:

[spoiler] are they a different tag now? [/spoiler]

That's how I would usually do it from mobile 

I don't do mobile, so I can't test it myself. But if I recall correctly, this was an issue when we first opened up 3 years ago. At that time @Moderator12 figured out how to fix that, so maybe he remembers how to. But regardless, we'll get it fixed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't do mobile, so I can't test it myself. But if I recall correctly, this was an issue when we first opened up 3 years ago. At that time @Moderator12 figured out how to fix that, so maybe he remembers how to. But regardless, we'll get it fixed.

On mobile you had to turn your phone sideways to see the entire option bar, not working since the update.

3 hours ago, JohnSnowsHair said:

I've been using "Next unread topic" which works ok. I have to read through some threads that even by CVON standards are "the suck" but it's not that big a deal. 

Honestly I should spend less time in CVON anyway so it's not the worst thing in the world :lol:

I used to spend a lot of time in there on the old EMB. Once we opened up here, I stopped that. Can't really get into political arguments as an Admin of the board, so I stay out of there for the most part... and trust, me, my time on the board is much less frustrating/stressful/aggravating. It has it's usefulness, and it's needed to keep most political stuff out of other places. But I use the NFL and by extension the EMB, as an escape from that kind of stuff. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paco said:

I clicked a toggle button on mobile and now CVON shows up as a blank page.  Not sure if that's a bad thing.  @VaBeach_Eagle

You had it before? :unsure: 

For some reason, some people are having trouble accessing it while logged in. Not sure why, yet. If we can't figure it out, I have some ideas to get around it. 

59 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@VaBeach_Eagle manually typing in [quote] is also not working [/quote]

First thought is that they've changed how the tags work, I'll check on that. 

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

On mobile you had to turn your phone sideways to see the entire option bar, not working since the update.

The side scroll is something that I've asked to be looked at, so it's on the list to be addressed. 

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It seems like a lot of the worst CVON posters can't access CVON. This is a good update!

Except the worst of course

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It seems like a lot of the worst CVON posters can't access CVON. This is a good update!

So ungrateful to those who subsidized your mail-order diploma education :nonono:

• Haha 1

Do we like the preview of the OP on the list of topics? I kinda liked the cleaner look before. 

I never had spoiler icon on mobile before, even turning sideways. 

[spoiler] test [/spoiler]

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Except the worst of course

1 hour ago, JohnSnowsHair said:

So ungrateful to those who subsidized your mail-order diploma education :nonono:

These guys are ok. You have my permission to let them in @VaBeach_Eagle

Not sure if this has been asked before or if this is the right place, but could we have a dark theme for the board? It's very bright when I'm on here late at night lol. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Griffins22 said:

Not sure if this has been asked before or if this is the right place, but could we have a dark theme for the board? It's very bright when I'm on here late at night lol. 

it's because you're a genius. 

edit: where's your badge.

12 hours ago, Griffins22 said:

I think I've asked this before. I'd like one as well

7 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

it's because you're a genius. 

edit: where's your badge.

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I think I've asked this before. I'd like one as well

I'll talk to Mark and see what we can do.

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2023 at 10:17 AM, paco said:

I clicked a toggle button on mobile and now CVON shows up as a blank page.  Not sure if that's a bad thing.  @VaBeach_Eagle

You had it before? :unsure: 

On 1/23/2023 at 6:02 PM, jsdarkstar said:

I logged out and back in. No Joy. Same problem with my Home PC.

Checked all the others with no problems getting in..

Funny, but I can access Cvon while logged out. Weird.

On 1/23/2023 at 10:56 AM, JohnSnowsHair said:

Every other forum works. Same issue regardless of which browser I use. 

I may have found the problem with CVON giving a 500 error. Look at the image below. See the little icons next to "Start new topic"? Those toggle from "Condensed View" to "Expanded View". 

toggle.PNG

In that image, I'm on 'Condensed view'. If you're on 'Expanded view', switch to Condensed and then try to get into CVON. When I switched to Expanded, I got the 500 error. When I switched back to Condensed, the error was gone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I may have found the problem with CVON giving a 500 error. Look at the image below. See the little icons next to "Start new topic"? Those toggle from "Condensed View" to "Expanded View". 

toggle.PNG

In that image, I'm on 'Condensed view'. If you're on 'Expanded view', switch to Condensed and then try to get into CVON. When I switched to Expanded, I got the 500 error. When I switched back to Condensed, the error was gone. 

Thank you for taking the time to figure this out. Back in Business!!!

• Like 1