• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

I thought it was a pretty good finale' and an interesting and enjoyable show overall.  Those 2 post credit scenes leave a lot of room for speculation. 

I thought It was a good finale that could have used an extra 15 minutes of run time. 

I enjoyed the journey more than the destination. 

And how is Wanda not under arrest for kidnapping people and taking over a town? 😆

14 minutes ago, NOTW said:

And how is Wanda not under arrest for kidnapping people and taking over a town? 😆

That is a fair question, but who, exactly, would you propose brings her in?

Cause now Strange is the only one currently on Earth who stands a shot. And if I remember correctly this all happened in less than a week real time, right?

19 minutes ago, Weaponx01 said:

Cause now Strange is the only one currently on Earth who stands a shot. And if I remember correctly this all happened in less than a week real time, right?

No one Fs with Benedict.

I see the people who wrote and filmed the last few DCEU movies somehow got their hands on the creation of this season finale <_<

1 hour ago, Weaponx01 said:

Well SWORD was there to attempt and the leader was trying to use White Vision. 

I guess post "blip" and Endgame, and 3 major Avengers gone they haven't yet figured out who polices the superheroes if they cause harm. 

It would be interesting if there were any aftermath from citizens who were kidnapped and suffered. And if this leads into the next series with Zemo wanting to get rid of superheroes.

14 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

So can someone explain that final scene? At the cabin

She's reading the "Darkhold" (spelling?) or Book of the Dead. It was in the TV show Agents of Shield. Evil spells. It means Wanda is studying witchcraft and will become more powerful. 

Just now, NOTW said:

She's reading the "Darkhold" (spelling?) or Book of the Dead. It was in the TV show Agents of Shield. Evil spells. It means Wanda is studying witchcraft and will become more powerful. 

But wasn’t that also her on the front porch and going in to pour the water from the kettle?

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Do you think she's going to become a villain? Maybe for Dr Strange or perhaps even for the Avengers?

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

You wanna go arrest her? She literally altered reality over many square miles. Agent Woo is just gonna slap some cuffs on her?

Evt8ZshWgAEY45d.jpeg

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Also you can hear her kids cry to her for help while she is reading it. So either they are still in play or it's some force manipulating her.

In SHIELD the Darkhold gave its reader knowledge on pretty much whatever they wanted or desired, but it manifested itself in an evil way. Not sure if that will apply in the movies or not. 

11 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

But wasn’t that also her on the front porch and going in to pour the water from the kettle?

Yes. I took it as a more advanced version of Dr. Strange’s astral projections. In Dr. Strange he could only control himself or his Astral projections at one time (granted this was all still very early in his training). So his body would sleep while he studied. 

Agatha says that the scarlet witch is more powerful than the sorcerer supreme. My guess is she found a way to separate her body from her astral form and still maintain control of both. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

You wanna go arrest her? She literally altered reality over many square miles. Agent Woo is just gonna slap some cuffs on her?

Evt8ZshWgAEY45d.jpeg

Hey I'm just saying, is society now gonna let superheroes do whatever they want? Kidnap people, take over a town...what's next kill someone? 

Her accident in Lagos caused the Sokovia Accords. Ross was always after Hulk. Shield, Sword, other Avengers, villains, there's always someone at least trying. In the comics no matter how powerful, there's always some trick, some kryptonite or weakness. Agnes used tricks on Wanda. 

Tony also held her in the base after Lagos but she had guilt and was willing. Once she decided to leave she over powered Vision. 

She was feeling guilty after realizing how she made people suffer in Westview. Monica just let her go and no one even said a line of dialogue about it. 

All you needed was a line from Woo about holding her accountable and Monica saying what you just said, "You wanna go after her after what you saw her do?"

46 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Hey I'm just saying, is society now gonna let superheroes do whatever they want? Kidnap people, take over a town...what's next kill someone? 

Her accident in Lagos caused the Sokovia Accords. Ross was always after Hulk. Shield, Sword, other Avengers, villains, there's always someone at least trying. In the comics no matter how powerful, there's always some trick, some kryptonite or weakness. Agnes used tricks on Wanda. 

Tony also held her in the base after Lagos but she had guilt and was willing. Once she decided to leave she over powered Vision. 

She was feeling guilty after realizing how she made people suffer in Westview. Monica just let her go and no one even said a line of dialogue about it. 

All you needed was a line from Woo about holding her accountable and Monica saying what you just said, "You wanna go after her after what you saw her do?"

I hear what you are saying. But she flew off into a mountain wilderness immediately. I think its a pretty tough thing to track and arrest someone with her powers. In the last episode we saw she can make herself dissapear as well. Her power levels are pretty much off the chart. She is obviously a fugitive in hiding now, but how do any goverment authorities arrest and hold her? They couldn't even catch and hold Bucky lol.

And Monica was sympathetic to her from the beginning and even in the end understood why she did what she did. So her not attempting to apprehend her, even is she could which is extremely unlikely, makes sense.

46 minutes ago, NOTW said:

And there probably is in this case, but is the FBI going to figure that out in the few minute aftermath of what just happened in Westview. It seems every few appearances Wanda's powers take a quantum leap. Everyone is trying to figure out who the MCUs next Thanos is going to be, maybe it's her?

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

So can someone explain that final scene? At the cabin

The book is what will end up bringing demons, lucifer, ghost rider, Blade, and other dark characters to MCU

Ultimately, I wish this show had an extra 15 minutes tacked on to the finale to really stick the landing. I wish Hayward’s ending was a little more nuanced, I wish we had more to the Vision v Vision resolution (though I love how It was resolved through logic), I wish the Ralph and Pietro reveal was handled better. And overall I just felt the pacing of the finale was too frenetic, which I guess makes sense given every episode has gotten more and more out of control to the point of chaos in this episode, but it just felt too jarring for me.

That said, this series nailed several things really well. Vision and wanda’s relationship, their dialogue throughout was incredible.  I liked Agatha as a villain a lot.  I like where they took the Scarlet Witch character, forcing her to confront not only her own grief but the harm she allowed her grief to cause. Unlike Lagos which was a complete accident, Wanda made some very conscious choices here and caused major damage to the point where she has basically self exiled herself. Not only that, while she got to say goodbye to Vision losing vision again and her kids is just heartbreaking (especially when it seems like her kids are not gone but in trouble now based on the post credit scene).  Finally, Wanda is embracing her powers and seeking to learn more in an attempt to control them but she’s doing it through a very dark and potentially dangerous way (the Dark Hold). This is the Dark Phoenix storyline done right. We’re seeing a hero who, in her desperation, may stumble further and further into being a villain.  I doubt this is the last major tragedy we see from Wanda.

Overall, I really enjoyed WandaVision a lot and I look forward to more of these Disney+ shows. I hope that the success of this show allows them to continue experimenting with formats moving forward because from a creative standpoint this show was awesome!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

The book is what will end up bringing demons, lucifer, ghost rider, Blade, and other dark characters to MCU

image.gif.764a883dd2206ac4f431c01c35978558.gif

14 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

Was it only a week?

Spoiler

Why were the people still there at the end to give Wanda the angry stare? Wanda opened up the hex and freed everyone and they all ran for freedom. So how were they there at the end?

This part confuses me