Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

Watched F&WS this morning. Wandavision dealt mostly with denial. This shows starting off with some anger. I guess we are working through the five stages of loss to kick of phase 4. 😂

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

3 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

Watched F&WS this morning. Wandavision dealt mostly with denial. This shows starting off with some anger. I guess we are working through the five stages of loss to kick of phase 4. 😂

Guilt was the big theme from Ep.1 of F&WS

55 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Guilt was the big theme from Ep.1 of F&WS

There was a lot of anger, from me, in the last 10 seconds. 😅

• Like 3

On 3/9/2021 at 1:14 PM, NOTW said:

I have been more excited about The Falcon and Winter Soldier series anyway.  I said before, I think that would have been a better show to start with.  There has been no MCU content since Spider-Man Far From Home.  Black Widow got pushed back twice due to COVID.  Marvel Studios was putting out 2-3 movies a year toward the end and then a year and a half of no content.

So the first content was this experimental thing.  Creatively I liked it.  But I think getting Falcon/Winter Soldier and more action-oriented and "normal" content might have been a better fit for the first series.  Then, WandaVision as the 2nd series.  This is also leading into Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness which comes out next March.  So it might have made more sense to do this series closer to that.  Give us the other series first: Falcon/Winter Soldier, Loki, Hawkeye, etc.

Really good pilot, and reinforced what I expected. 

This should have been the first Disney+ show.

50 minute episode, picked up where Endgame left off, immediate action and catering to fans. While also doing some new things.

• Like 1

Gotta be honest, I’d be fine if the whole series was just Bucky "making amends.” 

Solid first episode. Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Really liking how these shows are giving characters like Sam, Bucky, Wanda, and Vision more fleshed out backstories and character arcs. A really smart way tO start filling the void left by cap, Tony etc

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Gotta be honest, I’d be fine if the whole series was just Bucky "making amends.” 

Solid first episode. Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Really liking how these shows are giving characters like Sam, Bucky, Wanda, and Vision more fleshed out backstories and character arcs. A really smart way tO start filling the void left by cap, Tony etc

Am I the only one getting a kick out of how one of the most powerful Advengers is obsessed with sitcoms :lol:

23 hours ago, NOTW said:

Really good pilot, and reinforced what I expected. 

This should have been the first Disney+ show.

50 minute episode, picked up where Endgame left off, immediate action and catering to fans. While also doing some new things.

Can't wait for the Snyder cut

• Haha 1

Sam's story was not as good. 

Trying to make a "regular folks problems" story with the family business didn't land as well. It makes sense that there are real world problems especially given the economic impact of the snap/blip.

But he would easily get a bank loan or people to help...an Avenger. A company could sponsor it, use his fame to market it, people would want to support the business. Sam could also easily get a loan from the government (he's doing secret missions for them but doesn't get paid?) or Stark industries, give Pepper a call. 

Also his sister really said i know you're fighting aliens and evil robots but I'm running a business and have 2 kids. I mean that's tough but come on.

As for the shield, that also makes no sense. So the world watched Sam make that speech and donate the shield to the Smithsonian....

...if the government wanted another Captain America symbol why not first talk to Sam, Rhodes/the Avengers?

They plucked some regular soldier instead of a powered hero? The public and media would be questioning that and ripping them for dissing Sam like that.

And what threat made the Secretary of Defense think all of a sudden a symbol was needed? Where's Ross? It came out of nowhere, it would have made more sense as a response to the masked terrorists, AND after going to Sam & the Avengers again and they refuse, staying true to Sam wanting it kept in the museum. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

...if the government wanted another Captain America symbol why not first talk to Sam, Rhodes/the Avengers?

research american agent. they want someone that answers to them. reasonable given their view of out of control avengers (in their eyes) and captain america was for the betterment of the american ideal, not the american government. 

4 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

research american agent. they want someone that answers to them. reasonable given their view of out of control avengers (in their eyes) and captain america was for the betterment of the american ideal, not the american government. 

But none of that was in this show. Just all of a sudden after the big speech at the Smithsonian. They wanted a twist at the end but it was poorly executed within the context of what was presented. 

unlike that rotting garbage start from wandavision, this was a pretty good premiere. 

The problem I have with the Super Heroes not getting paid is I think that is something Stark would have thought of and he easily could have paid the main guys enough money that they wouldn't need to worry about the stuff that Sam is dealing with.  

• Like 4

One would think, but we don’t know how much Stark was truly worth and where that was going do we?  And where did his estate go? All to Pepper? Happy? Also, Falcon got snapped. So for 5 years he wasn’t getting anything. He comes back with zero dollars and starts working for the Air Force. Stark is dead, Cap is old, Thor is gone, Widow is dead, Clint is retired, who knows about Bruce. Fury is in space right? So at most he has six months of income from active military duty. 

Also, 150 million Americans just popped back on the radar as well. Banks are probably inundated with these types of requests. As rich as they are, they cannot afford to just hand out loans to half the US at once. And the government can’t help, they just doubled their population. 

I mean really, they took Thanos’ solution and, logistically, gave it the worst possible outcome.

I think we are assuming Falcon was on the Avenger’s payroll. And he may have at one time. But falcon has been on the run since Civil War so it’s not like he would have been on Stark’s Avengers payroll anyway. Since Civil War Sam was a fugitive, then he was snapped out of existed, returned for the big battle at the end of endgame only for Tony to die. So in reality, Falcon probably has not had a formal paycheck in over 7-8 years. 

Falcon does not appear to be working for the Avengers in the months after returning.  Rather I took the line about "government contracts” to be doing those types of special missions we saw at the beginning for the US military. But he has those contracts which, as Sam mentioned, is proof of income. So he should have been able to get the loan.

did anyone else think back to forrest gump when they saw the shrimp boat ?  

12 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I think we are assuming Falcon was on the Avenger’s payroll. And he may have at one time. But falcon has been on the run since Civil War so it’s not like he would have been on Stark’s Avengers payroll anyway. Since Civil War Sam was a fugitive, then he was snapped out of existed, returned for the big battle at the end of endgame only for Tony to die. So in reality, Falcon probably has not had a formal paycheck in over 7-8 years. 

Falcon does not appear to be working for the Avengers in the months after returning.  Rather I took the line about "government contracts” to be doing those types of special missions we saw at the beginning for the US military. But he has those contracts which, as Sam mentioned, is proof of income. So he should have been able to get the loan.

I just think Stark would have taken care of the families of heroes that were snapped.  I think he had plenty of money if he is building Piper suits and doing everything he did for the 5 years between IW and End Game.  I would assume he would have done something for Aunt May if she wasn't snapped.  

1 hour ago, heyeaglefn said:

I just think Stark would have taken care of the families of heroes that were snapped.  I think he had plenty of money if he is building Piper suits and doing everything he did for the 5 years between IW and End Game.  I would assume he would have done something for Aunt May if she wasn't snapped.  

May was snapped because she mentions in Homecoming at the charity event in the beginning that she returned and some guy's wife living in her old apartment thought she was a mistress :lol:

6 hours ago, heyeaglefn said:

The problem I have with the Super Heroes not getting paid is I think that is something Stark would have thought of and he easily could have paid the main guys enough money that they wouldn't need to worry about the stuff that Sam is dealing with.  

That, or government contracts.  They could have used the Sokovia Accords and said those who signed it get paid, those who don't go on doing "Avenging" for free or something.  

You can't tell me some bank wouldn't give an Avenger a loan, or some company wouldn't sponsor it and use Sam's fame to market it and make money and get a cut.  This story of a humble family in Louisiana trying to make it works for regular folks but a world famous Avenger?  and you're right, one call to Pepper Potts and she's buying the boat and giving them money to remodel it.

Have you guys seen this yet? It's the English translation of I AM GROOT in Infinity Wars. It's real. James Gunn verified it and said that Vin Diesel gets the script with the translation so he matches Groot's mood with his dialogue.

• Like 2

‘Black Widow,’ ‘Cruella’ to Debut on Disney Plus and in Theaters as Disney Shifts Dates for Seven Films

However BW has been pushed back to 7/9

On 3/22/2021 at 1:12 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Question is if Sam is getting paid like an independent contractor for those missions (like in the opening scene) or if he's just on active duty.  He'd make an ish ton more working as an indy contractor.  Is the Falcon suit his or the government's?  Think it was property of the government as in WS Sam told Cap they'd have to snatch it out of a military facility.  So seems like he's working for the military like he's on active duty, which he wouldn't be making as much money.

On 3/21/2021 at 5:15 PM, NOTW said:

Also his sister really said i know you're fighting aliens and evil robots but I'm running a business and have 2 kids. I mean that's tough but come on.

That really got to me. I mean she actually said that to him and I was a bit WTF? Really? We doing that whole thing?