Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

White Vision isn’t the same as vision. In the Comics White Vision tells Wanda and her kids that he may look like her husband/their father and have his memory but he is not him. He doesn’t have a relationship with them and winds up living a different life. So in this case it is a little different. 

Right but it's still sort of vision. I mean let's bring back Stark from another multiverse. It isn't the same Stark but it is still Stark.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Did they bring back vision though? And if they did then that just goes to further the MCUs biggest issue which is that they nobody is ever truly dead. There are never any true consequences. 

that's a comics issue, not just MCU issue. How many times has Robin died ?

15 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

that's a comics issue, not just MCU issue. How many times has Robin died ?

Fair point but aren't they reboots?

17 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Right but it's still sort of vision. I mean let's bring back Stark from another multiverse. It isn't the same Stark but it is still Stark.

If it serves the story then I’m fine with them bringing back whoever they want. At the end of the day I just want a good story. The one we got between Wanda and hex vision was really good. The story between cap And Bucky was really good. If it’s done right I don’t care. Just don’t bring someone back for the sake of bringing them back. 

1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

White Vision isn’t the same as vision. In the Comics White Vision tells Wanda and her kids that he may look like her husband/their father and have his memory but he is not him. He doesn’t have a relationship with them and winds up living a different life. So in this case it is a little different. 

And then he ran out of the room like this

tumblr_lr5p7fg08p1qbipv3o2_500.gif

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, The_Omega said:

The one thing that I didn't care for too much was the eventual explanation of Pietro. 

Hide contents

We all knew that he was Quicksilver from the recent X-Men movies and, for that reason, it was cool to use him.  To then just explain him away as some unfortunate schmo from across town was a downer.

I agree.  Not everything needs an explanation.  She created him like she did Vision and he even said to her that she chose a different face because it was difficult for her.  Just leave it at that, and should've had an emotional goodbye to him along with the kids and Vision.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Did they bring back vision though? And if they did then that just goes to further the MCUs biggest issue which is that they nobody is ever truly dead. There are never any true consequences. 

Well, yes.  Vision was a character in the entire series.  They brought back Pietro too.  You were arguing the show was slow and we have to be patient because they are only just building something.  They did a lot in this show actually.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Fair point but aren't they reboots?

sometimes yes; but i believe one of the robins was brought back to life with a demon or something ?

had an apartment after Doll left me, my downstair's neighbor was from Long Island and a huge comics fans. he would come up for a beer on the patio a couple times a week. not two minutes into a conversation he'd work comics into it and then it was a pack of smokes listening and nodding to every history on every character. it was like listening to stan lee on coke. 

• Like 1

can someone please explain what happened with white vision & "regular" vision in the last ep? :unsure:  i thought regular vision was transferring all his memories into white vision...but then it was regular vision at the very end of the ep. where the f did white vision go?  

Just now, mr_hunt said:

can someone please explain what happened with white vision & "regular" vision in the last ep? :unsure:  i thought regular vision was transferring all his memories into white vision...but then it was regular vision at the very end of the ep. where the f did white vision go?  

back to a good white hero gated community, sir.

it wasn't explained, it's thought it will allow vision to come back in the MCU.

• Haha 1

Who all has been brought back? That's what happens when you mess with time and alternate universes IMO

3 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

That's a strange way to go

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

The way I understood it, White Vision had all the data for his past life memory's but couldn't access them, Sword kinda cut them off to make him a blank slate and easy to control. So the Vision Wanda created unlocked them. So now he can remember everything that happened to Vision up until Thanos killing him, but it seems he doesn't have any emotions to go with those memories. I think we will see him very conflicted and disoriented when he appears again.

Man it’s been a long two weeks without new marvel content... Have we ever had a longer MCU drought before?

7 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Man it’s been a long two weeks without new marvel content... Have we ever had a longer MCU drought before?

I know right?  Why isn't there new MCU content every day!  :angry:

Finally watched WandaVision

Spoiler

Overall, excellent.  Great design, Olsen knocks it out of the park, story is engaging, lots of weirdness.  However I feel a little let down.  Mostly because with the arrival of Evan Peters as Quicksilver, I thought this was the beginning of introducing the multiverse, mutants or both.  Instead we got Ralph Bohner.

No doubt in my mind this is setting up Wanda to become a villian, if not the next big bad.

Ummm.... White Vision.  So we introduce him, have a conflict, resolve it and.... never hear from him again.  Not even not hear from him, but there is no acknowledgement that there's another vision out there.

Also, plot hole?

Spoiler

The location of Wanda's house is an empty lot that Vision bought for her.  We see this on the deed to the lot with a heart that says "To grow old together. V."

The events of Infinity War take place in a very short period of time.  In the beginning of the movie, Vision proposes that they make each other a priority instead of doing the long distance thing.  At the end of the movie, which occurs a day or two later, he dies.

So when did he buy this plot of land for them to start their life together?

On 3/1/2021 at 11:26 PM, NOTW said:

Woo knows his stuff! 

On 3/2/2021 at 8:01 AM, Alpha_TATEr said:

Woo is becoming a very likeable character. 

Anyone else notice that Woo finally figured out the card trick he tried to learn in Ant Man & The Wasp?

tenor.gif

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, paco said:

Anyone else notice that Woo finally figured out the card trick he tried to learn in Ant Man & The Wasp?

tenor.gif

Yeah that was a nice touch.  It was mentioned in both videos I posted.

Wife and I have been rewatching the DCEU and he was in Aquaman as an evil scientist.

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Yeah that was a nice touch.  It was mentioned in both videos I posted.

Wife and I have been rewatching the DCEU and he was in Aquaman as an evil scientist.

I only watch flat earth videos.  Sorry.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, paco said:

I only watch flat earth videos.  Sorry.

Aquaman mentioned that Atlantis was so advanced they were doing neat things while the earth dwellers still thought the earth was flat.

Just now, NOTW said:

Aquaman mentioned that Atlantis was so advanced they were doing neat things while the earth dwellers still thought the earth was flat.

Know.  Know the earth is flat.  Do your research!

3 minutes ago, paco said:

Know.  Know the earth is flat.  Do your research!

But, the Ocean Master of Atlantis said!

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

But, the Ocean Master of Atlantis said!

Obviously a govt agent