• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

157027892_2863422567214056_2796894410495

Most Valuable Avenger - Change My Mind

• Like 4

2 hours ago, paco said:

157027892_2863422567214056_2796894410495

Most Valuable Avenger - Change My Mind

I’m pretty sure Caps side lost in Civil War. The Accords became law, Caps team was all arrested and then when he was broken out his team was on the run and Clint on house arrest. Hard to consider that winning. But otherwise :lol:

2 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I’m pretty sure Caps side lost in Civil War. The Accords became law, Caps team was all arrested and then when he was broken out his team was on the run and Clint on house arrest. Hard to consider that winning. But otherwise :lol:

Cap did no time and b**** slapped iron man with his brosef.  Winning!

Elizabeth Olsen deserves an Emmy nom.

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

She truly was a pleasant surprise.

9 minutes ago, sameaglesfan said:

She truly was a pleasant surprise.

I'd give her 92 seconds of pleasant surprise.

Elizabeth-Olsen-as-Sexy-Wanda-in-WandaVision-Episode-7 | Small Screen

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Actually - I could possibly get behind an emmy nomination for a limited series for her.  Drama though?  No f'n way

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Actually - I could possibly get behind an emmy nomination for a limited series for her.  Drama though?  No f'n way

Limited series def.

She likes masks.

716fff6a6ce95012b621492325e878a1.jpg

Bettany in Solo as well.

Let Sebastian Stan play a Luke Skywalker in a post-ROTJ series or movies.

This guy's an Avenger? 

His real name is Clarence. 

1422436869_image.jpg

• Haha 1

Good second episode. It was a little jarring that Bucky just showed up at the beginning. Can’t overstate how much I dislike John Walker. Captain America went toe to toe with Thanos twice. This guy is a chump. 

I know, I know.

12 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

Good second episode. It was a little jarring that Bucky just showed up at the beginning. Can’t overstate how much I dislike John Walker. Captain America went toe to toe with Thanos twice. This guy is a chump. 

I know, I know.

I think that’s kind of the point.  We’re not supposed to like him.  The fact that he looks weird in the suit is probably intentional. Marvel does so many "suit” test during casting to make sure the look is right, that this look has to be intentional. I like that they are making walker more nuanced of a character. Like he’s genuinely trying to uphold the mantle but he is so clearly not Captain America that it comes off fake.  Cap always did what was right over what was ordered. Sam pointedly says basically that to Walker which pretty much shows why Walker can’t be the new Cap. 

I liked this episode, but it felt a little funkily paced. The therapy scene, though funny, felt awkward and out of place. Bucky’s line though about maybe cap being wrong about him was excellent though.  Really enjoyed the Isaiah storyline, hope we see more of it 

38 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I think that’s kind of the point.  We’re not supposed to like him.  The fact that he looks weird in the suit is probably intentional. Marvel does so many "suit” test during casting to make sure the look is right, that this look has to be intentional. I like that they are making walker more nuanced of a character. Like he’s genuinely trying to uphold the mantle but he is so clearly not Captain America that it comes off fake.  Cap always did what was right over what was ordered. Sam pointedly says basically that to Walker which pretty much shows why Walker can’t be the new Cap. 

I liked this episode, but it felt a little funkily paced. The therapy scene, though funny, felt awkward and out of place. Bucky’s line though about maybe cap being wrong about him was excellent though.  Really enjoyed the Isaiah storyline, hope we see more of it 

I liked that realization from Bucky also. 

I just want Sam & Bucky buddy action comedy against a villain and dealing with "avenging" after the Avengers are basically no more. Shot with the Cap 2 Winter Soldier style spy/action.

The new Captain America was too soon. Should've waited, we haven't even scratched the surface of the rebel group yet. 

One good use of the disrespectful creation of a new Captain America is uniting Sam & Bucky who were both intensely loyal to Steve. 

So do that in like episode 3. 

Episode 1: establish their post Endgame lives, new threat and mission. 

Episode 2: Zemo introduced, threat intensifies, military pressures Sam or even Bucky to take the Cap mantle, people are looking for that symbol. They both refuse. So then the military recruits a top soldier in John Walker.

There has been no apparent fear among regular people or anyone expressing the need for a symbol or a new Captain America. They just announced it.

People would respect the Avengers, media would question it.

I started to respect that at least JW was saying the right things (as Sam pointed out, until that last line) and training with the shield. But then to give attitude to 2 Avengers and tell them to stay out of his way? Come on. They're F'ing Avengers. 

1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Really enjoyed the Isaiah storyline, hope we see more of it 

I  got half way through telling my buddy that this character would be almost 70 if he served in the korean police action before it dawned on me they were setting up

hqdefault.jpg

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

I liked that realization from Bucky also. 

I just want Sam & Bucky buddy action comedy against a villain and dealing with "avenging" after the Avengers are basically no more. Shot with the Cap 2 Winter Soldier style spy/action.

The new Captain America was too soon. Should've waited, we haven't even scratched the surface of the rebel group yet. 

One good use of the disrespectful creation of a new Captain America is uniting Sam & Bucky who were both intensely loyal to Steve. 

So do that in like episode 3. 

Episode 1: establish their post Endgame lives, new threat and mission. 

Episode 2: Zemo introduced, threat intensifies, military pressures Sam or even Bucky to take the Cap mantle, people are looking for that symbol. They both refuse. So then the military recruits a top soldier in John Walker.

There has been no apparent fear among regular people or anyone expressing the need for a symbol or a new Captain America. They just announced it.

People would respect the Avengers, media would question it.

I started to respect that at least JW was saying the right things (as Sam pointed out, until that last line) and training with the shield. But then to give attitude to 2 Avengers and tell them to stay out of his way? Come on. They're F'ing Avengers. 

To Walker’s defense, he has made multiple attempts to extend the olive branch to Falcon and Bucky. He helped them on the trucks, gave them a ride, bailed Bucky out of prison, all in an attempt to try to work together. Then Falcon tells him he will not work with Walker because he follows protocols. Walker, who strongly believes in what the US government is doing, can’t have Falcon and Bucky going rogue. So between the rejection of his olive branches and the potential threat they pose to his mission, his response is kinda justified. 

On 3/26/2021 at 10:51 AM, Outlaw said:

She is definitely a surprisingly good actress. I thought as much since Ultron. 

"You know who Gandalf is?"

"I read The Hobbit in 1937, when it first came out."

That was brilliant. 

Agree with some of the points about JW aka the New Cap.  He's a good soldier trying to do what he thinks is best, but unlike Steve he follows orders instead of his gut/heart.  He tried to get on Sam and Bucky's good side, but when he realized it was a lost cause he did get a little cocky about it. 

The therapy session had a couple funny moments, thought that realization from Bucky took a serious tone.  So far I think the overall story has potential.  Curious to see how it plays out.

8 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Yea, no I know exactly what the point is. I’m just iterating that they are doing a really great job with it, lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Question... Is the new cap Super powered? Or have some kind of serum?

I was wondering the same. The way he throws the shield is very super human like, and I thought he was just like a specials ops guy with no enhanced powers. I think he’s going to have a major role for rest of the season so I’m sure they’ll reveal more about that as the season goes on. 

• Like 1