Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

2 hours ago, The_Omega said:

image.gif.764a883dd2206ac4f431c01c35978558.gif

The irony in this post given something I just read this morning about dr. strange 2.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:
  Hide contents

Why were the people still there at the end to give Wanda the angry stare? Wanda opened up the hex and freed everyone and they all ran for freedom. So how were they there at the end?

This part confuses me

Their homes are there and it returned to how they remembered it. Where else would they go?

3 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Ultimately, I wish this show had an extra 15 minutes tacked on to the finale to really stick the landing. I wish Hayward’s ending was a little more nuanced, I wish we had more to the Vision v Vision resolution (though I love how It was resolved through logic), I wish the Ralph and Pietro reveal was handled better. And overall I just felt the pacing of the finale was too frenetic, which I guess makes sense given every episode has gotten more and more out of control to the point of chaos in this episode, but it just felt too jarring for me.

That said, this series nailed several things really well. Vision and wanda’s relationship, their dialogue throughout was incredible.  I liked Agatha as a villain a lot.  I like where they took the Scarlet Witch character, forcing her to confront not only her own grief but the harm she allowed her grief to cause. Unlike Lagos which was a complete accident, Wanda made some very conscious choices here and caused major damage to the point where she has basically self exiled herself. Not only that, while she got to say goodbye to Vision losing vision again and her kids is just heartbreaking (especially when it seems like her kids are not gone but in trouble now based on the post credit scene).  Finally, Wanda is embracing her powers and seeking to learn more in an attempt to control them but she’s doing it through a very dark and potentially dangerous way (the Dark Hold). This is the Dark Phoenix storyline done right. We’re seeing a hero who, in her desperation, may stumble further and further into being a villain.  I doubt this is the last major tragedy we see from Wanda.

Overall, I really enjoyed WandaVision a lot and I look forward to more of these Disney+ shows. I hope that the success of this show allows them to continue experimenting with formats moving forward because from a creative standpoint this show was awesome!

I feel his character was a throwaway "who cares" type of thing.

3 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Their homes are there and it returned to how they remembered it. Where else would they go?

So they literally ran away in terror of her only to immediately stop and turn around? Lol

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

So they literally ran away in terror of her only to immediately stop and turn around? Lol

But they confronted her already a bit earlier. 

I guess they could have ran off but cinematic wise it would have been a bit meh IMO. Tv and movies need to ride a line between realism and what looks good on film.

Oh and the barrier she was making went back up, so they had to initially turn around. 

I have to say that Pitch Meeting on Wandavision is spot on. I mean I enjoyed the series but there are some real flaws in it. 

• Like 1

There are flaws in everything. I didn't watch the YouTube video because I despite the stupid voices that guy does and those videos are usually 5+ minutes long, but I did see a funny fake news article with a headline that was something like "Wandavision Failed to Deliver Promises That Were Never Made" and I think that's where a lot of supposed flaws come from. 

Not to say there weren't a lot of flaws, I'm sure there were. But I see a few in particular on Twitter that are people just complaining that their fan theories were wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devpool said:

There are flaws in everything. I didn't watch the YouTube video because I despite the stupid voices that guy does and those videos are usually 5+ minutes long, but I did see a funny fake news article with a headline that was something like "Wandavision Failed to Deliver Promises That Were Never Made" and I think that's where a lot of supposed flaws come from. 

Not to say there weren't a lot of flaws, I'm sure there were. But I see a few in particular on Twitter that are people just complaining that their fan theories were wrong.

Well that's exactly what the video that you didn't watch says as well.  It mocks the fact that fans have their theories and wanted answers early on and weren't patient.  Some of the theories in the article you linked, were mentioned in the video as well.  I get the voice thing with that guy his voice is kind of annoying, but his points are usually very good.  And it's not just pointing out flaws, it's just cracking jokes and comedy about it.

2 hours ago, devpool said:

you should comment for him to get off your back. 

27 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Well that's exactly what the video that you didn't watch says as well.  It mocks the fact that fans have their theories and wanted answers early on and weren't patient.  Some of the theories in the article you linked, were mentioned in the video as well.  I get the voice thing with that guy his voice is kind of annoying, but his points are usually very good.  And it's not just pointing out flaws, it's just cracking jokes and comedy about it.

Yeah that guy's videos just aren't my cup of tea, but I get why other people think it's funny. I mentioned I didn't watch it not so much as a dig on it but just in case anything I said was mentioned in the video, which apparently it was

i give the series a 6.5-7 out of 10. right next to agents of shield. 

FB_IMG_1615245828253.thumb.jpg.bb73e330194f04abc61ea4da68ff6bff.jpg

Lol so disrespectful

Didn't even watch season 2 of Iron Fist and Season 3 of Jessica Jones because of how bad the previous season was

I have been more excited about The Falcon and Winter Soldier series anyway.  I said before, I think that would have been a better show to start with.  There has been no MCU content since Spider-Man Far From Home.  Black Widow got pushed back twice due to COVID.  Marvel Studios was putting out 2-3 movies a year toward the end and then a year and a half of no content.

So the first content was this experimental thing.  Creatively I liked it.  But I think getting Falcon/Winter Soldier and more action-oriented and "normal" content might have been a better fit for the first series.  Then, WandaVision as the 2nd series.  This is also leading into Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness which comes out next March.  So it might have made more sense to do this series closer to that.  Give us the other series first: Falcon/Winter Soldier, Loki, Hawkeye, etc.

• Like 1

As my brother (MCU fanatic) pointed out to me we may just have to be patient here. The early phases of the MCU were all rather isolated and setting things up. There wasn't a whole lot of connected dots at first. But they built and built and by the end we were all hooked about how cleverly thought out it had been. We are now essentially at the start again so we just have to let them start to build us back up. 

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

As my brother (MCU fanatic) pointed out to me we may just have to be patient here. The early phases of the MCU were all rather isolated and setting things up. There wasn't a whole lot of connected dots at first. But they built and built and by the end we were all hooked about how cleverly thought out it had been. We are now essentially at the start again so we just have to let them start to build us back up. 

I think WandaVision did a lot!  Brought in S.W.O.R.D., expanded Wanda's powers, brought back Vision, created Monica's powers and set up future story lines there, set up Dr Strange 2 Multiverse of Madness, created Wanda's twins, I mean they did a lot.  Yes it was a slow build in the first couple episodes, on purpose.  

I liked it.  I actually enjoyed it a "little" bit less when they started spelling everything out.  Too many people can't handle any mystery, and people are used to binging an entire season at once.  

The one thing that I didn't care for too much was the eventual explanation of Pietro. 

Spoiler

We all knew that he was Quicksilver from the recent X-Men movies and, for that reason, it was cool to use him.  To then just explain him away as some unfortunate schmo from across town was a downer.

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

I think WandaVision did a lot!  Brought in S.W.O.R.D., expanded Wanda's powers, brought back Vision, created Monica's powers and set up future story lines there, set up Dr Strange 2 Multiverse of Madness, created Wanda's twins, I mean they did a lot.  Yes it was a slow build in the first couple episodes, on purpose.  

Did they bring back vision though? And if they did then that just goes to further the MCUs biggest issue which is that they nobody is ever truly dead. There are never any true consequences. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Did they bring back vision though? And if they did then that just goes to further the MCUs biggest issue which is that they nobody is ever truly dead. There are never any true consequences. 

White Vision isn’t the same as vision. In the Comics White Vision tells Wanda and her kids that he may look like her husband/their father and have his memory but he is not him. He doesn’t have a relationship with them and winds up living a different life. So in this case it is a little different. 

Yup. And there are a couple major players they’ve killed off/retired as well. The snap doesn’t really count, everyone knew they were undoing that. 

For me, I’m fine with bringing back a character if it serves a good story. Bucky’s winter soldier has served a very good role in the MCU serving as the catalyst in both winter soldier and civil war. Plus bringing him back makes him a more interesting character. Vision is yet to be seen but I’m interested in seeing where this goes, but one positive to how they brought him back as white Vision is they didn’t give Wanda her happy ending. She still needs to confront his loss. Gamora I’m a little more hesitant on and will want to see what they do with her character on Guardians 3 as it is unclear how her story becomes more interesting merely going back to an early time. Loki is dead and I don’t see them bringing him back in the set MCU universe. His show seems to Take place across the multiverse and time.  We’ll see where that story goes.  Groot is also not the same groot. He is Original groot’s son. However even if he was the same, the relationship has changed with Rocket.  Baby and teen Groot reversed the relationship with Rocket from protector to protected. 

But Cap, Iron Man, Black Widow, Monica’s mother, yondu, heimdall, the warriors 3, Odin, Agent Coulson (for movie purposes only - AoS has never really been recognized by the movies and appears to have been retconned out by WandaVision), they are all dead or gone and (other than maybe flashbacks) I don’t see them coming back.