Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Question... Is the new cap Super powered? Or have some kind of serum?

No. Just a trained soldier.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

On 3/27/2021 at 5:37 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

To Walker’s defense, he has made multiple attempts to extend the olive branch to Falcon and Bucky. He helped them on the trucks, gave them a ride, bailed Bucky out of prison, all in an attempt to try to work together. Then Falcon tells him he will not work with Walker because he follows protocols. Walker, who strongly believes in what the US government is doing, can’t have Falcon and Bucky going rogue. So between the rejection of his olive branches and the potential threat they pose to his mission, his response is kinda justified. 

The scene on the trucks I didn't like. The 2 of them could've taken them. These rebels aren't as well trained despite the serum. The regular guys with no serum show up to save them?

Better writing would've been new Cap and troops out matched by them, and Sam and Bucky show up to save them, show em how it's done.

Then the government/military realizes they still need Sam.

They are holding back their abilities and experience but story wise it doesn't make sense.

Walker’s on some kind of enhancements.  For real. No way he’s slinging the shield like that if he’s not.

33 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The scene on the trucks I didn't like. The 2 of them could've taken them. These rebels aren't as well trained despite the serum. The regular guys with no serum show up to save them?

Better writing would've been new Cap and troops out matched by them, and Sam and Bucky show up to save them, show em how it's done.

Then the government/military realizes they still need Sam.

They are holding back their abilities and experience but story wise it doesn't make sense.

I mean they showed up and tried to help and did a little but ultimately failed. It was very clear that Walker and Battlestar were out of their depths. Bucky and Falcon held their own better but were on the ropes. But my point was from Walker’s perspective they were trying to help and Falcon and Bucky reject it.

I also disagree that flipping the script would have been better. This is Bucky and Falcons story so we’re learning it all as they are. In order to do what you proposed we Would have to follow the investigation from Walkers perspective. The reason Walker was even in on the action was because they were tracking Falcon. They didn’t really know what Falcon and Bucky were looking at. So if you want to flip it, you need to explain why Walker is there in the first place or walker would have to jump in almost immediately in front of Falcon and Bucky’s intercept attempt. 

1 minute ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I mean they showed up and tried to help and did a little but ultimately failed. It was very clear that Walker and Battlestar were out of their depths. Bucky and Falcon held their own better but were on the ropes. But my point was from Walker’s perspective they were trying to help and Falcon and Bucky reject it.

I also disagree that flipping the script would have been better. This is Bucky and Falcons story so we’re learning it all as they are. In order to do what you proposed we Would have to follow the investigation from Walkers perspective. The reason Walker was even in on the action was because they were tracking Falcon. They didn’t really know what Falcon and Bucky were looking at. So if you want to flip it, you need to explain why Walker is there in the first place or walker would have to jump in almost immediately in front of Falcon and Bucky’s intercept attempt. 

Easy. Both parties investigating. The Avengers save them.

Another wrinkle would be if JW were really good and turns out he also has a super soldier serum.

Did none of you ****ots! not watch Civil War?!? That movie taught us that the shield doesn’t obey the laws of physics at all. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I was wondering the same. The way he throws the shield is very super human like, and I thought he was just like a specials ops guy with no enhanced powers. I think he’s going to have a major role for rest of the season so I’m sure they’ll reveal more about that as the season goes on. 

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

No. Just a trained soldier.

So the way he throws the shield is just due to being a trained soldier? I just find that hard to believe? I mean I'm not arguing with you as I'm sure that's going to be the story but the way he fights those advanced on the lorry... He does better than Bucky. 

18 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So the way he throws the shield is just due to being a trained soldier? I just find that hard to believe? I mean I'm not arguing with you as I'm sure that's going to be the story but the way he fights those advanced on the lorry... He does better than Bucky. 

Wait for the plot twist: he's Steve and Peggy's son. :excited:

:P

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Wait for the plot twist: he's Steve and Peggy's son. :excited:

:P

Oh god can you imagine. 

2 hours ago, heyeaglefn said:

Could be a mutant.  

Nah.  Sam: aliens, robots or wizards.

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Nah.  Sam: aliens, robots or wizards.

maybe the multi verse gives us mutants from another earth ? therefore, alien ? 🤔

23 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Walker’s on some kind of enhancements.  For real. No way he’s slinging the shield like that if he’s not.

Powers and abilities

As a result of the experimental mutagenic augmentation process conducted on him by Dr. Karl Malus on behalf of the Power Broker, John Walker has superhuman strength (capable of lifting ten tons under maximum exertion), agility, reflexes/reactions, and endurance. His speed, dexterity, coordination, and balance are of the order of a superior Olympic athlete.

Aside from the above advantages, U.S. Agent is an exceptional hand-to-hand combatant and highly trained in gymnastics and acrobatics, having received rigorous training in unarmed combat and the use of his shield in a style similar to Captain America's own fighting style by the Taskmaster.

He is a seasoned combat veteran with military combat experience in tactical and strategic planning, observations, and special operations, has been shown to have a fluent grasp of the Arabic language,[75] and Spanish,[112] is technically proficient enough to bypass an advanced security system,[113] is a qualified fixed-wing pilot,[72] a trained scuba diver,[73] and is highly proficient in the use of conventional firearms.

He is capable of using his nearly indestructible vibranium shield for defensive purposes and as a weapon. He has great accuracy at throwing his shield and due to his superhuman strength, it is potentially a lethal weapon.

Agent has used a variety of shields in his time, initially inheriting Captain America's indestructible circular shield after Steve Rogers had relinquished it upon quitting the role and refusing to work for the Commission for Super Human Activities.[114] U.S. Agent was later provided the Vibranium replica of this shield by the Black Panther and used by Steve Rogers when Rogers adopted the title of 'The Captain'.[115] U.S. Agent then briefly adopted a remote control shield against Hawkeye and the Thunderbolts.[116] During his time with the New Invaders, U.S. Agent possessed a star shaped shield with retractable spikes.[volume & issue needed] The shield was decorated with the names of Americans who had died at the hands of terrorists as well as a photograph of U.S. Agent's parents.

The U.S. Agent also wears synthetic stretch bulletproof fabric.

After being badly injured by the villain Protocide, U.S. Agent was fitted with an exoskeleton by S.H.I.E.L.D. that allowed him to continue to walk, and according to then-Director Sharon Carter may have also provided "An additional benefit or two".[117]

After being crippled by Nuke, John Walker lost one arm and one leg.[94] Electing to use ordinary low-tech prosthesis, he retires his U.S. Agent identity, and no longer has access to his weapons and gear.[95] However, he still retains his full capability to act in self-defense.

At one point, the Agent used wrist guards which produced an energy shield as well as energy blasts.[118] U.S. Agent's costume incorporated a "thought relay receptor" that picks up his mental commands and shapes his shield however he wills it. In U.S. Agent's own words "It's better than the old trash can lid!"[119]

In his first costumed identity as the Super Patriot, Walker wore a costume that was capable of stopping multiple shots from a handgun at point blank range,[10] and also used throwing stars and a flame torch

5 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

maybe the multi verse gives us mutants from another earth ? therefore, alien ? 🤔

Oh I was just poking fun since Sam said in the show it's only those 3 things.  Yeah lots of fans have theorized that they will find a way to bring the mutants into the MCU, one theory is Wanda creates them.

Banner became Hulk from trying to replicate the formula that gave Steve his powers and now a group is using a serum to make super soldiers so a chemical issue is also possible.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

Oh I was just poking fun since Sam said in the show it's only those 3 things.  Yeah lots of fans have theorized that they will find a way to bring the mutants into the MCU, one theory is Wanda creates them.

Banner became Hulk from trying to replicate the formula that gave Steve his powers and now a group is using a serum to make super soldiers so a chemical issue is also possible.

yeah im just thinking out loud about how the mutants may make their way into the MCU. plenty of possibilities and wanda is certainly one of them. 

Things I didn’t know I needed until now... Baron Zemo at the club! :roll:

2 hours ago, devpool said:

I can't really get into this show, not sure why. 

The lack of Chris Evans is affecting your blood flow down there

27 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

The lack of Chris Evans is affecting your blood flow down there

That's probably it

This is going to be an issue they are going to have to solve. Marvel has 2 fronts. Earth and Space.  Space frontmen were Starlord and Thor. They have a mystical side too, but that’s not as well established.

Earth had Tony and Steve. Both are gone and those huge voids to fill. Right now we have a backup avenger, a burned shield agent, a "normal” villain, and the not_winter soldier.

I’m sure they have a plan but I get it.

47 minutes ago, Weaponx01 said:

This is going to be an issue they are going to have to solve. Marvel has 2 fronts. Earth and Space.  Space frontmen were Starlord and Thor. They have a mystical side too, but that’s not as well established.

Earth had Tony and Steve. Both are gone and those huge voids to fill. Right now we have a backup avenger, a burned shield agent, a "normal” villain, and the not_winter soldier.

I’m sure they have a plan but I get it.

I mean Earth also has Spiderman, the Hulk, and will be getting the Fantastic 4. So it’s not like they’ll be down for long. 

8 hours ago, devpool said:

I can't really get into this show, not sure why. 

I’ve found it a bit underwhelming so far myself. Not bad, just not great. I expect it’ll get better.

6 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I mean Earth also has Spiderman, the Hulk, and will be getting the Fantastic 4. So it’s not like they’ll be down for long. 

But Hulk doesn't work in his own film and I mean they've tried with the Fantastic 4 twice and it's flopped. There's definitely a huge void left on earth. Plus they lost T'Challa.