Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

You never know when there are multiple writers.  There were 2 other writers for FF.  Josh Trank (wrote Chronicle which was good) and Simon Kinberg also wrote the screenplay for FF.  Kinberg wrote the worst of the X-Men movies (Last Stand, Days of Future Past, Apocalypse, Dark Pheonix most of which were bad).  He wrote Mr and Mrs Smith and Sherlock Holmes but also XXX: State of the Union.

So of the 3 they put together FF.  Hard to say how much influence Slater had there.  

Yeah I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He was also involved in Death Note which was apparently pretty bad but as you said hard to put that on 1 writer. Also nice to see a positive trajectory with umbrella academy being the most recent project. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

58 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

I like Days of Future Past

My main complaint are the sentinels and the fight against them at the end.  Everything else was solid.  

Oh, also I didnt like how they all of a sudden gave walk through walls chick the ability to send people back because, reasons.   Why not just add a whole new character?  They added 3 or so other ones in the future that no one cares about.  What's one more?

15 minutes ago, paco said:

My main complaint are the sentinels and the fight against them at the end.  Everything else was solid.  

Oh, also I didnt like how they all of a sudden gave walk through walls chick the ability to send people back because, reasons.   Why not just add a whole new character?  They added 3 or so other ones in the future that no one cares about.  What's one more?

Kitty Pryde actually has that power in the comics, except she sends herself back in time. Making it wolverine makes more sense for the movie given: (a) he was alive in the 70’s and kitty wasn’t and (b) people want to see wolverine.  I mean if they knew back in 2000s they wanted to do dofp then they could have set that ability up but you take the hand you were dealt.

Scott Lang is still under house arrest in this universe so he’s got to go out in disguise!

• Like 1

If any of youse in the Philly area listen to preston and Steve in the morning, my good friend TJ is going to be on around 830 for an MCU contest.

FB_IMG_1604636703037.thumb.jpg.7095f481dfaa8fd9a90a249a0532b5c4.jpg

Thanks to Sassy Justice!, I learned something.  The actor that played Nova Corps Denarian Garthan Saal (Peter Serafinowicz) is a hell of a voice actor and impressionist.  His Michael Caine is perfect.

On 11/5/2020 at 11:00 PM, Mike030270 said:

Probably because it'd be a little weird

Ant Man going as Ant Man while his young daughter goes as The Wasp?  That wouldn't be weird, that would be awesome, especially for his young daughter.

16 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Ant Man going as Ant Man while his young daughter goes as The Wasp?  That wouldn't be weird, that would be awesome, especially for his young daughter.

Agreed it wouldn't be weird. Young girls tend to think the world of their daddy and say they want to marry their daddy. They don't understand what it means.

17 hours ago, paco said:

Thanks to Sassy Justice!, I learned something.  The actor that played Nova Corps Denarian Garthan Saal (Peter Serafinowicz) is a hell of a voice actor and impressionist.  His Michael Caine is perfect.

That was a seriously good Michael Caine.  And even though they were small sample sizes, I thought his Alan Alda and Anthony Hopkins were really good, too.  Those are impressions you don't hear too often, if ever, really.  I've come across 'celebrities' doing decent impersonations watching clips of the Graham Norton Show.  Tom Hiddleston and Benedict Cumberbatch in particular.  Just from watching the clips it seems a better talk show than any US one, not that I really watch any nowadays, but mostly from memory.  I guess the best one I'd put against it would be the one Craig Ferguson hosted, but he is a Scot.  The guest on Norton's show are really drinking.  Mark Wahlberg got hammered one episode and was sitting on Norton's lap and things got weird.  Things get a bit out of control on that show, sometimes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Daredevil rights officially back to Marvel. Only a matter of time until Cox and D’Onfrio return to the MCU! (Or at least I hope).

So returning so far:

• Andrew Garfield
  • Toby Maguire
  • Kirsten Dunst
  • Jaime Foxx as Electro
  • Alfred Molina as Doctor Octopus

And additions:

• Daredevil (in the link, Cox denied it and said if it's Daredevil, it must be another actor)
  • Doctor Strange will also appear

7 minutes ago, NOTW said:

So returning so far:

• Andrew Garfield
  • Toby Maguire
  • Kirsten Dunst
  • Jaime Foxx as Electro
  • Alfred Molina as Doctor Octopus

And additions:

• Daredevil (in the link, Cox denied it and said if it's Daredevil, it must be another actor)
  • Doctor Strange will also appear

The link’s quotes from Cox was from an interview Cox did back in April which was pre-rights reverting back from Netflix.  The report that the link is citing from explicitly states that Charlie Cox is returning as Daredevil. 

39 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

The link’s quotes from Cox was from an interview Cox did back in April which was pre-rights reverting back from Netflix.  The report that the link is citing from explicitly states that Charlie Cox is returning as Daredevil. 

I was clicking all the links within the article and I don't see anything that Cox or Marvel said anything about it, just blogs referencing other blogs. Not saying it's not true, but one blog quoted another blog about the rumor.

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Guess I'm in the minority that doesn't want a multiverse

I think that plus time travel open things up to a lot of potential for plot holes and poor writing if it's not done well.  

I was watching a Spider-Man cartoon with my son last week and Miles Morales needed to defeat villains so Doctor Strange showed up, opened a portal to the multi-verse and brought in the other Spider-Man to help him, then returned him.  So are they just going to do that everytime they have to solve a problem?  They've also opened up time travel now and have the technology and suits.  Will they be using time travel more?

• Like 1

No one knows. I hope the multiverse is temporary. A way to introduce all of the properties, good and bad, and then whoever the lynchpin is for that gets killed off and it no longer becomes an option.

44 minutes ago, NOTW said:

They've also opened up time travel now and have the technology and suits.  Will they be using time travel more?

I'm good with time travel because that can be open and closed pretty easily. I'm not game with multiverse stuff though as I feel it gives them an easy cop out. Like they could bring back Thanos if they wanted, they could bring back Tony Stark if they wanted.