• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

Secret Wars, mutli-verse, quantum/time devices, etc. they could really bring anyone back or do anything.  They can use Ultron/Jarvis/Vision technology to put someone's mind into another body, I mean they can do all sorts of things.  

They can also have cameos that are flashbacks, dreams, someone impersonating (how Loki would impersonate them for example).

If it will make them money, they'll make it happen.

10 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Interesting. I'm going to be very interested to see how this one ends given we know Kang is the big bad in the next avengers.

19 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Interesting. I'm going to be very interested to see how this one ends given we know Kang is the big bad in the next avengers.

There are many Kangs...how they use them will be interesting.

2 hours ago, Boogyman said:

There are many Kangs...how they use them will be interesting.

That's true actually. Though if Ant man defeats this Kang in some ways that could take away from the battle with all of the Avengers...

21 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's true actually. Though if Ant man defeats this Kang in some ways that could take away from the battle with all of the Avengers...

Maybe. I think of Kang as more of a chess grandmaster than a super powerful being like Thanos (not that he isn't powerful). Strategic sacrifice is a hallmark of chess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

Maybe. I think of Kang as more of a chess grandmaster than a super powerful being like Thanos (not that he isn't powerful). Strategic sacrifice is a hallmark of chess. 

That's a good and fair point. I didn't look at it like that but you're right. Fight brawn with brains.

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's a good and fair point. I didn't look at it like that but you're right. Fight brawn with brains.

It's planned irony I think, him really showing up in an Ant Man movie first. His tech comes from future Stark tech, and in the MCU Scott Lang basically made him possible by bringing his time travel idea to the Avengers and Stark. Everything's that's going to happen is a repercussion of Endgame and stopping Thanos.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I think phase 4 wasn't as strong as previous ones

I would put Phase 4 up against Phase 2. Some brilliant entries (Gotg, Winter Soldier, No way home, Wakanda Forever) some bad entries (Dark World, MoM) some surprisingly enjoyable debuts (antman Shang chi).  It’s not phase 3, but phase 3 is a culmination. This is a resetting of the table for phase 5-6.

• Like 2

Completely unrelated, Giancarlo Esposito continues to push for Professor X and I’m definitely interested. 

23 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I would put Phase 4 up against Phase 2. Some brilliant entries (Gotg, Winter Soldier, No way home, Wakanda Forever) some bad entries (Dark World, MoM) some surprisingly enjoyable debuts (antman Shang chi).  It’s not phase 3, but phase 3 is a culmination. This is a resetting of the table for phase 5-6.

Black Widow -I think was actually delayed into phase 4. Ok
Loki -Good
What If...? -Didn't care to watch
WandaVision -Good
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier -I liked it but it went too PC
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings -Good but forgettable 
Eternals -Apparently everyone forgot it lol
Spider-Man: No Way Home -Good
Hawkeye -Didn't care to watch
Moon Knight -Ok
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness -Good
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law -Didn't care to watch
Ms. Marvel -Didn't care to watch
Werewolf by Night -Didn't care to watch
Thor: Love and Thunder - 3>1>4>2
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever -Ok
The Guardians of the Galaxy: Holiday Special -Ok

50 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Loki -Good
WandaVision -Good
Moon Knight -Ok

Eternals and Cap/Winter should have been swapped. Eternals would have been far more interesting as a series. Waaaaay too much lore to set up not nearly enough time.  Cap on the other hand had a great 2 hour movie that was flooded with a bunch of extra storylines they did not need. 

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Loki -Good
WandaVision -Good
Moon Knight -Ok

hawkeye and werewolf by night were both very good. I didn’t expect much and enjoyed both. what if was hit or miss and had some stinkers and some good ones. I agree on rest of your summary minus loki which was great and wanda which ended up ok but started for crap until they ended the dumb sitcom thing that went on way way too long 

Black Widow - Didn't bother
Loki - Didn't bother
What If...? - what?
WandaVision - Saw a couple, super lame
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Didn't bother
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - Didn't bother
Eternals - Didn't bother
Spider-Man: No Way Home - Didn't bother
Hawkeye - Didn't bother
Moon Knight - Didn't bother
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - awful, mindless drivel that should hang its head real low while Everything , Everywhere rakes the awards
She-Hulk: Didn't bother
Ms. Marvel - Didn't bother
Werewolf by Night - Didn't bother
Thor: Love and Thunder - Didn't bother
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - Didn't bother
The Guardians of the Galaxy: Holiday Special - This is a thing?  Holy bells I will find that!

6 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

WandaVision - Saw a couple, super lame
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - awful, mindless drivel that should hang its head real low while Everything , Everywhere rakes the awards

Fyp since you "didn't bother"  with 90% of phase 4.... 

Reading this thread - didn't bother 

Dallas Cowboys - awful, mindless drivel that should hang its head real low while Eagles rakes the awards

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, BFit said:

Fyp since you "didn't bother"  with 90% of phase 4.... 

.fit, his yelp reviews are better. 

22 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

this was IMO the most fun and enjoyable of the marvel series (ignoring the former Netflix platform) to watch. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Phase 4 was average at best.

After the end of phase 3, average is a win. As long as it set up a great phase 5, I'm perfectly fine with average 

On 1/14/2023 at 12:35 AM, NOTW said:

Phase 4 was average at best.

I just think they are trying to do too much. And I get they wanted to do things a little different to phases 1 to 3 but I think it's too much. And maybe all will become clear in phase 5 and 6 but I think they've taken on too much. 

2nd time watching the Eternals as I've been watching the MCU with my son.

I enjoyed it more 2nd time. I think one problem was the placement after Endgame, it's tough with everything prior being connected to the Avengers storyline. 

Some parts were a little cerebral which can be refreshing but things can be missed on first watch. 

13 hours ago, NOTW said:

2nd time watching the Eternals as I've been watching the MCU with my son.

I enjoyed it more 2nd time. I think one problem was the placement after Endgame, it's tough with everything prior being connected to the Avengers storyline. 

Some parts were a little cerebral which can be refreshing but things can be missed on first watch. 

The Eternals is such a weird movie for me. Like it’s gorgeously shot, I love the cast, I can even understand why the character acted as they did and the overall story makes sense. But I feel like they skipped over the most interesting story beats.  Like I wanted to see Thena go mental and Gilgamesh work to help her,  I wanted to see Phastos faith in humanity and it ultimately be destroyed after Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I want to see Druig’s arc after he "quit” the mission and his life in the commune. For me, there was so much great character work to be mined from these stories and you just killed it all by making them vignettes. Meanwhile you have this love jealousy Sprite arch that completely comes out of left field because we have no real time to set it up in the film.  I remain convinced that if they created a a miniseries of the characters for everything leading up to endgame you could have had a really great movie.