Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

GOTG holiday special was fun. I hope Marvel does more shorts/specials like this because this one & Werewolf by Night have been good

• Like 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

On 11/11/2022 at 1:18 PM, Agent23 said:

Overall enjoyed it. A few poorly developed character decisions (the guy from get outs character who’s name I the film I forget) but overall probably an 8-8.5/10. Most characters were well fleshed out and developed, solid world building and a clear understanding of their technology and advancements, their desire to keep in secret, and the growing pressures on whether or not they need to remain hidden or not. 

Reveal hidden contents

this sequel felt like a mix between aquaman and black Adam in theme, pacing, choreography, the look/feel of the antagonist army. 

Then we have things like Tony spending an entire movie developing and building a super suit with a billionaires budget and Jarvis AI to assist, all possible due to arc reactor technology. Then a college student that has to be busy because they’re doing other peoples homework and are worried about getting to differential equations class (something I took my freshman year in college) is able to build a suit that flies and fires and all this in a random knockoff auto shop funding from $1,000 Venmo transactions? 

they had plenty to work with having the grief and loss angle and how to handle a kingdom after that and it was all just buried with poor cgi and transformers-esque blah on the screen, a villain that apparently has Superman like strength to just fling helicopters and whatever else that is borderline thwarted later by dryness, even tho his "weaker” followers are "killed” on land by michonne and just somehow heal back to life, tons of overacting with really poorly done scenes (all the beginning stuff with the queen and here UN meeting about vibranium).

Was completely underwhelmed and in 100% agreement on every one of your points. Plus their Namor changes weren’t for the better. 

Plus the scientist character was just trash. actress dialogue everything. Main Wakandans all did well with what was written and definitely had some powerful moments, but honestly I looked at my watch like 5 times and never once did during much longer Marvel movies. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 7:41 PM, homerpat said:

Was completely underwhelmed and in 100% agreement on every one of your points. Plus their Namor changes weren’t for the better. 

Plus the scientist character was just trash. actress dialogue everything. Main Wakandans all did well with what was written and definitely had some powerful moments, but honestly I looked at my watch like 5 times and never once did during much longer Marvel movies. 

If I have a slow day at work in the near future where I need to kill time, I’ll post more thoughts/head scratching moments from this film 

4 hours ago, Agent23 said:

If I have a slow day at work in the near future where I need to kill time, I’ll post more thoughts/head scratching moments from this film 

Yeah once it can be spoiler free I will expound more but basically the film suffered enormously from not having a proper replacement(s) for Boseman. Their attempts did not remotely live up and they sidelined the character who I thought would be a better choice. Wasn’t a terrible movie. I’d say 6.5 out of 10 but the original was a 9 and this was a huge letdown comparatively. 

• Like 1

these both look fan made. always tell with the chipped dialogue and sub par music score. 

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Trailer shows

Hide contents

Galactus and...a random shot of Thor who looks like he's from the Dark World movie.  Very random almost looks like a fan-made edit mistake or something.

This is all prior footage and end credits scene. Definitely fan made.

• Haha 2

Speaking of fan made, someone made posters for a more serious take on Thor inspired by the Vikings shows & movies. 

20221125_200409.jpg

20221125_200417.jpg

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

GOTG Holiday Special. That was dumb. Meh.

Welcome to ignore!!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Welcome to ignore!!

It had a couple chuckles but they phoned it in. Also since when does Mantis have all those powers?

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

It had a couple chuckles but they phoned it in. Also since when does Mantis have all those powers?

I haven't seen it yet 😂.... In guardians of the Galaxy video game she had crazy powers too lol

20 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I haven't seen it yet 😂.... In guardians of the Galaxy video game she had crazy powers too lol

yeah she has a bunch more powers in the comics as well. the MCU for the most part has down played her powers. 

42 minutes ago, BFit said:

yeah she has a bunch more powers in the comics as well. the MCU for the most part has down played her powers. 

Weird choice to introduce that in a Christmas special.  Plus:

Spoiler

Revealing that she is a child of Ego.  

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

Hide contents

I think part of it is she’s been sidelined so much as a character in everything since GOTG 2, so not much of an opportunity to develop her character since that film. 

23 hours ago, NOTW said:

Hide contents

I legitimately thought they said that in second movie already. I was def not surprised. Maybe it was just easily inferred. 

Just been to see Black Panther... I thought it was very very good, one of the better parts of phase 4... There were parts that I really liked and there were parts that I felt were a little too forced.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 9:22 PM, Dwide Schrude said:

I think part of it is she’s been sidelined so much as a character in everything since GOTG 2, so not much of an opportunity to develop her character since that film. 

although she did have many other powers that we havent seen yet,

Spoiler

i dont think ego being her father is canon. 

fun fact - mantis is not a marvel exclusive character. 

9 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

although she did have many other powers that we havent seen yet,

Reveal hidden contents

i dont think ego being her father is canon. 

fun fact - mantis is not a marvel exclusive character. 

You're right..... that was fun.:whistle:

On 11/11/2022 at 1:18 PM, Agent23 said:

Overall enjoyed it. A few poorly developed character decisions (the guy from get outs character who’s name I the film I forget) but overall probably an 8-8.5/10. Most characters were well fleshed out and developed, solid world building and a clear understanding of their technology and advancements, their desire to keep in secret, and the growing pressures on whether or not they need to remain hidden or not. 

Reveal hidden contents

this sequel felt like a mix between aquaman and black Adam in theme, pacing, choreography, the look/feel of the antagonist army. 

Then we have things like Tony spending an entire movie developing and building a super suit with a billionaires budget and Jarvis AI to assist, all possible due to arc reactor technology. Then a college student that has to be busy because they’re doing other peoples homework and are worried about getting to differential equations class (something I took my freshman year in college) is able to build a suit that flies and fires and all this in a random knockoff auto shop funding from $1,000 Venmo transactions? 

they had plenty to work with having the grief and loss angle and how to handle a kingdom after that and it was all just buried with poor cgi and transformers-esque blah on the screen, a villain that apparently has Superman like strength to just fling helicopters and whatever else that is borderline thwarted later by dryness, even tho his "weaker” followers are "killed” on land by michonne and just somehow heal back to life, tons of overacting with really poorly done scenes (all the beginning stuff with the queen and here UN meeting about vibranium).

I just assume it's easier to build upon tech that's already developed than it is create it from scratch. That's the explanation I used when watching it.

i just tuned into a storm chasers live feed durring the storms in texas/louisiana and the drone operator was talking about working on the Ironheart series. ill throw this in spoilers, he didnt confirm anything but.....

Spoiler

he mentioned a few times that tony stark died, but used air quotes each time he said died. then he got a bit vague and kinda started to change the subject.... :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

How it started

‘Avengers’ Star Robert Downey Jr. Confirms His Marvel Retirement

Robert Downey Jr. is officially done with Iron Man.

How it’s going 

Avengers Secret Wars: Robert Downey Jr rumored for Iron Man return

Cameron Frew
Published: Dec 29, 2022 at 06:07
Updated: Dec 29, 2022 at 06:07

48 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

How it started

How it’s going 

On 12/13/2022 at 11:17 AM, BFit said:

i just tuned into a storm chasers live feed durring the storms in texas/louisiana and the drone operator was talking about working on the Ironheart series. ill throw this in spoilers, he didnt confirm anything but.....

Hide contents

he mentioned a few times that tony stark died, but used air quotes each time he said died. then he got a bit vague and kinda started to change the subject.... :ph34r: