Reagor over Jefferson

Philthy Jawn

2 hours ago, kentwo said:

But some of those misses could be because the WR is running the wrong routes or not getting separation. 

Could be but I doubt it. Not based on what I've seen in large. 

Too early to say Reagor is a bust.  Most likely won't be.  Not too early to say they made a huge mistake, again, by taking the wrong WR.  There is no comparion between the two.  I doubt there is a single GM other than Howie who would take Reagor over Jefferson.

On 11/18/2020 at 4:04 PM, birdman#12 said:

Unbelievable..........31 teams passed in Metcalf twice.  Seattle took LJ Collier in the first round....a guy who ended his rookie season with 3 f------ tackles.

But yeah, let's single out roseman......

And Jefferson?  Only idiots compare rookies after 10 games. 

Roseman isn't going anywhere and he's going to retain FULL GM powers after the season........Regardless of what the fans and media think....

Jefferson was the obvious choice there. Him falling to us was a GIFT. When moron Howie passed on him, the Vikings had their pick in in about twenty seconds. We wasted our first two rounds. 

On 11/18/2020 at 8:42 PM, 315Eagles said:

Unless there is something going on behind the scenes like with Chip Kelly.  There's been rumors of a power struggle and some tension between Howie and DP.  One of them could be gone after this season.

Chip didn't win a Super Bowl. 

Jefferson was huge miss but Reagor might turn into something... We absolutely have to draft Jamar Chase next draft, Chase, Reagor and Fulgham with a full offseason, new coach and maybe a QB would form a formidable trio.

Reagor will be fine. Injury and no off-season set him back not to mention his QB forgot how to play football.

6 hours ago, judunno said:

Reagor will be fine. Injury and no off-season set him back not to mention his QB forgot how to play football.

Not for nothing, but Cousins for much of the season really struggled too. He’s definitely turned it around and Wentz hasn’t, but Jefferson had the same off-season Reagor has had. Also the injuries should also be concerning considering how often players on this squad get nicked up. I think it’s way too early for anyone to call Reagor a bust, but I’m not ready to say he’s going to be fine either. He’s at best wait and see right now.

1. re. Howie. At the very least, Howie can no longer pick personnel for the certain positions that he never gets right. Its been too long since he got it right. Howie needs help, at the very least. Metcalf, Jefferson doing the Gritty is just about enough to cause a skipped heart beat or two. This is not about Reagor, it is about the evaluations that are not getting done properly. Reagor could be fine, but more likely will be a return guy. I will not count out his progression. 

2. Shell shocked. No one can play that way, There is no pocket, There is no spoon, there is no Eagles offense without an OL and Top receivers. 

Wentz is directed to count to FOUR and THROW. Period. This will get rid of the shell shock. Pederson will also run more, and protect the QB. 

That is the only treatment for being shell shocked short of something worse, which is not indicated. 

This is all about execution and the Eagles cannot execute an NFL passing game. Count to four and pass or call a run ( non RPO play)

3. The Eagles are made of winning stuff, they have gone to the playoffs three years running on a shoe string and super glue. ( insert your wisdom here prn)

You never know, they could beat a team or two and win the division, but well, you need an OL, and WRs and a non shell shocked QB that has the first two. 

Putting in another QB should NOT be done, under any circumstances short of injury. If there is an injury it should not be toughed out. 

They are the marching orders. COUNT TO FOUR AND THROW THE BALL. Also, there should be more roll out plays called since they do not have an OL. 

21 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

I knew that already.......thanks tho 👍

You're welcome. 

Reagor looks slow to me.. I know Maclin was fast but didn’t get much credit due to Jackson, but Reagor looks slower than Maclin

Jefferson reached 1,000 yards today.  He is closing in on the all-time receiving record in NFL history.  Only 400 yards away.

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Not for nothing, but Cousins for much of the season really struggled too. He’s definitely turned it around and Wentz hasn’t, but Jefferson had the same off-season Reagor has had. Also the injuries should also be concerning considering how often players on this squad get nicked up. I think it’s way too early for anyone to call Reagor a bust, but I’m not ready to say he’s going to be fine either. He’s at best wait and see right now.

Reagor was hurt from the start is my point.

2 hours ago, Peacekeeper said:

Reagor looks slow to me.. I know Maclin was fast but didn’t get much credit due to Jackson, but Reagor looks slower than Maclin

How bout now? He has that smooth effortless speed. may not look like it but he's moving

1 hour ago, Philthy Jawn said:

Jefferson reached 1,000 yards today.  He is closing in on the all-time receiving record in NFL history.  Only 400 yards away.

That Hurts to read 🙂

2 hours ago, judunno said:

How bout now? He has that smooth effortless speed. may not look like it but he's moving

That Hurts to read 🙂

Maybe he gets a chance with a QB who just might throw to him? 

I don’t think Reagor is a bust or anything but man Jefferson was easily the pick and everyone knew but Howie.

7 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

I don’t think Reagor is a bust or anything but man Jefferson was easily the pick and everyone knew but Howie.

Given what Wentz has done this year... i highly doubt Jefferson would have been so productive. And these coaches can't figure out how to use talent to save their lives. Jefferson dodged a bullet by not getting drafted here.

4 hours ago, judunno said:

Given what Wentz has done this year... i highly doubt Jefferson would have been so productive. And these coaches can't figure out how to use talent to save their lives. Jefferson dodged a bullet by not getting drafted here.

Exactly. That Minnesota offense hasn't been great but its been functional. It has a top class run game that they stick to and they do have weapons at WR.

This offense would probably have Jefferson just going deep all the time and not actually using him properly. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Exactly. That Minnesota offense hasn't been great but its been functional. It has a top class run game that they stick to and they do have weapons at WR.

This offense would probably have Jefferson just going deep all the time and not actually using him properly. 

Bubble screens for no gain.

Was actually reassured by Reagor. Only one catch but on that and the punt return he showed the explosiveness that we wanted.

He’s no bust. Let’s see how much he can develop.

5 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Bubble screens for no gain.

Was actually reassured by Reagor. Only one catch but on that and the punt return he showed the explosiveness that we wanted.

He’s no bust. Let’s see how much he can develop.

I agree. That catch was a really good catch and a good throw by Hurts. The punt return as you say he showed that explosion and that agility that we've been waiting for. 

13 hours ago, Peacekeeper said:

One thing  is for damn sure, he's nowhere near being a 4.22 guy.......that was a lie!!

Archived