Reagor over Jefferson

Philthy Jawn

18 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

DeSean also had generational speed.  His on-field speed is among the fastest in the history of the NFL.  There was no one in the NFL that could catch him from behind during his first 5-7 years in the league.  No one.

Yeah, I have never seen an NFL player that has intentionally scored as many touchdowns running backwards lol. That kind of swag only works when you have lots of separation. 

Has any WR we've drafted in the last 5 years panned out? We just can't draft for ish, even Sanders is a poor man's Shady at this point, and has durability issues. Wentz is looking like a huge miss as well.  I say full rebuild at this point. 

27 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

I would still rather have Reagor than Higgins

that's like saying i would rather drive a broken down chevy then a brand new cadillac.

1 hour ago, beto_eagles said:

It's funny that the Eagles supposedly didn't draft Jefferson because he was just a slot WR. After 12 weeks, he's proven that he can play in the slot and outside, while Reagor hasn't proven that he can play in the slot nor outside. 

Always thought the "JJ is just a slot WR” argument was ridiculous.  A good football player is a good football player.  Taking Reagor over him isn’t as bad as JJAW over Metcalf but it isn’t that far behind..

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Always thought the "JJ is just a slot WR” argument was ridiculous.  A good football player is a good football player.  Taking Reagor over him isn’t as bad as JJAW over Metcalf but it isn’t that far behind..

He was 2nd in college for big plays behind Jerry Jeudy. No joke. Our fanchise thought he is just a slot guy. His high school film was enough to know JJ would be a stud. Where was there analytics for that?

14 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Agreed. And I still believe Reagor can be good. But from what I've seen I don't think he'll be better than Jefferson, unfortunately. 

10 minutes ago, AzBirdGang said:

He was 2nd in college for big plays behind Jerry Jeudy. No joke. Our fanchise thought he is just a slot guy. His high school film was enough to know JJ would be a stud. Where was there analytics for that?

When our pick was announced and it was Reagor who many had rated as a 2nd rd talent while Jefferson was still on board I was dumbfounded .... I thought the football gods couldn’t possibly be that cruel and do that to us a 2nd year in a row!

2 hours ago, MF POON said:

Has any WR we've drafted in the last 5 years panned out? We just can't draft for ish, even Sanders is a poor man's Shady at this point, and has durability issues. Wentz is looking like a huge miss as well.  I say full rebuild at this point. 

Other then maclin and jackson this franchise has not drafted an elite WR in 30 something years so it's not just Howie that can't draft a WR. 

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Other then maclin and jackson this franchise has not drafted an elite WR in 30 something years so it's not just Howie that can't draft a WR. 

Yeah but who cares now about crap drafting that occurred more than 10 years ago.  All that matters is who is making those crap picks now.

35 minutes ago, Runtherock said:

What happened to the speed?

lol ... let’s just draft fast guys ... who cares if they can run routes, get off press coverage, or can catch.  I swear Howie has no clue how to identify talent that can help this team over the long haul.  

Funny thing is, Reagor was sold us to us a the right pick because we we needed a fast WR, only for Justin Jefferson to run a faster 40...

8 minutes ago, time2rock said:

lol ... let’s just draft fast guys ... who cares if they can run routes, get off press coverage, or can catch.  I swear Howie has no clue how to identify talent that can help this team over the long haul.  

I agree with you, but I'll play devil's advocate here and say that our coaching staff is awful at developing these guys.  While Jefferson looks like the sure thing, he would probably be labeled a bust on this team at the moment (and not just because of Wentz).  Outside of Stoutland, these coaches suck at developing players.  

13 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Seems like we didn't even draft a fast guy

23 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I agree with you, but I'll play devil's advocate here and say that our coaching staff is awful at developing these guys.  While Jefferson looks like the sure thing, he would probably be labeled a bust on this team at the moment (and not just because of Wentz).  Outside of Stoutland, these coaches suck at developing players.  

That’s a really good point.  Look at Douglas and Jones from the defensive side.  Always figured we were geared more toward being a stronger offensive team so assumed the chances at the same happening on that side would be less.  

14 minutes ago, time2rock said:

That’s a really good point.  Look at Douglas and Jones from the defensive side.  Always figured we were geared more toward being a stronger offensive team so assumed the chances at the same happening on that side would be less.  

My wife is a Panthers fan.  It's agonizing to watch Douglas used properly in zone schemes week in and week out.  He made so many plays on Sunday and is rarely left on an island.  

13 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Reg gets open. Wentz just blows

Donald Trump once tweeted about Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson's  relationship

**Cue someone finding a video of the 1-2 plays the entire game where Reagor was open.  

13 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Donald Trump once tweeted about Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson's  relationship

**Cue someone finding a video of the 1-2 plays the entire game where Reagor was open.  

Just like no one else can get open & thats why wentz holds the ball too long. Hes 1 read and incomplete or sack, or interception.

Those 1-2 plays can be 8 yards or 40+. If buddy is open and carson is incapable of delivering the ball to a wr thats on the qb. We should just field a whole squad of TEs. Maybe then we'll have more than -4 yards of offense after a quarter and a half.

55 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Just like no one else can get open & thats why wentz holds the ball too long. Hes 1 read and incomplete or sack, or interception.

Those 1-2 plays can be 8 yards or 40+. If buddy is open and carson is incapable of delivering the ball to a wr thats on the qb. We should just field a whole squad of TEs. Maybe then we'll have more than -4 yards of offense after a quarter and a half.

Let's make this easier:

The Eagles ran 60 some odd plays.  They ran the ball 9 times.  Wentz drops back 56 times, and 40 of those times, receivers (including TEs) were NOT open, which is absolutely a fair assessment.  Of those 40 plays, if they did get open, Wentz was already getting body slammed.  Of the 16 times a receiver gets open, Wentz misses them 4-5 times.  He needs to clean that up.  I agree with that.  

The Seahawks ran close to the same amount of plays.  They ran the ball 24 times.  It looks like Russell Wilson dropped back 37 times.  At least 25 of those times, he had multiple receivers running wide open from the snap, creating immediate separation.  He had 3-4 misses last night.  1 of them was a bad miss for a TD.   

I can't stand when people cherry pick plays as if other QBs don't miss wide open guys.  Other teams have good coaching, talent at the receiving position that has been developed, and GMs that make better decisions.  He's "1 read" because he doesn't trust anyone around him, and how can you blame him at this point?  

Yeap Jamar Chase it is..... It is looking more and more like, unless ofcourse Eagles screw up and get a few wins.. Please Please lose out from here...

29 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Yeap Jamar Chase it is..... It is looking more and more like, unless ofcourse Eagles screw up and get a few wins.. Please Please lose out from here...

Knowing how Howie operates (at this point have to assume Lurie's loyalty to him will continue for some time yet so he will still be running the draft), have to assume he is going to either go DL or OL with a high pick, not WR.  Howie focuses more on the importance of the position (he has always prioritized the trenches ... protecting the QB and getting pressure on opposing QBs) rather than going solely on who the best overall football player is.  Just like taking Reagor over Jefferson because he was honed in on adding speed (heard it ALL offseason), even though Jefferson was widely considered a much better overall football player.  

Archived