Reagor over Jefferson

Philthy Jawn

15 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I’m not sure anybody used Alshon or JJ as arguments for not drafting Jefferson.

Yeah I don't remember that at all. Whiteside was drafted to replace alshon

Hard to judge which one is better at this point.  If based on production thus far, Reagor is less impressive.  Partly due to missing some games re injury.  More importantly, the coaches have not figured out how best to use his abilities and strengths.  This seems to be the reason why we aren't developing that many young players in a steady schedule.  Many got their career shortened for that as well. 

This was considered a very strong class of WRs and it's proving to be just that. Reagor missed some games with injury. Get over it. At least he's a fast healer.

3 hours ago, Infam said:

So true! If he is the writer, the article will be some super-negative crap for sure. Even as we struggle, you can't help but think that guy is full of it.

Man, I wanted Metcalf more than anyone. And I remember the amount of crap I took for that! Oh, he's just a good athlete. How is he a star, have you watched his games.. yadayada. But now everybody is all like: That was so obvious! My granny would've known. 

I honestly believe Eagles drafting is lacking big time. But it is not like we never hit, either. Sander and Goedert come to mind, and jury is still out on Dillard. Hell, thinking about how it usually goes with WRs, even JJaw might become.. ok maybe that's a bit much to hope for.

Anyways, back to topic: I like Reagor, and having him over Jefferson still looks like the right choice to me. The way Wentz is playing at the moment, if roles were reversed I strongly believe we would have the very same thread about this. The situation is different! Truth to be told, I think we took Reagor too early. But that said, he will be a good WR for us, no doubt in my mind. 

So yeah, I would want us to do better. But all teams draft some duds and some studs. I would say Roseman is just.. a bit below average at it.

Yeah I’d agree with this. I get really frustrated with Howie at times and in particular his lack of attention on the D, but the hate for him is over the top on these boards. 

He definitely deserves credit for Sanders, Goedert, Fulgham, Mailata etc in the same way  he deserves blame for JJAW, Sidney Jones etc.

2 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

Hard to judge which one is better at this point.  If based on production thus far, Reagor is less impressive.  Partly due to missing some games re injury.  More importantly, the coaches have not figured out how best to use his abilities and strengths.  This seems to be the reason why we aren't developing that many young players in a steady schedule.  Many got their career shortened for that as well. 

I like JR (we just need to throw him the ball) and am fine with the pick but JJ has 900+ yards and 6 TD's through 11 games.  May be in the running for OROY.  Just saying.

I backed Roseman for as long as I could. Now, I don't want him anywhere near this team. He is a meddler who has a "I am a football guy" fixation/envy issues, that causes him to try to outdo actual football people and be the smartest person in the room. I don't want him around the team. I don't want him being moved to just contracts, etc. Get rid of him and get a real football savvy GM. Howie will ALWAYS try to compete/ outdo actual football people. Get rid of him- his time here is done.

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

I backed Roseman for as long as I could. Now, I don't want him anywhere near this team. He is a meddler who has a "I am a football guy" fixation/envy issues, that causes him to try to outdo actual football people and be the smartest person in the room. I don't want him around the team. I don't want him being moved to just contracts, etc. Get rid of him and get a real football savvy GM. Howie will ALWAYS try to compete/ outdo actual football people. Get rid of him- his time here is done.

He shouldn't be here. There's literally no reason at all to keep him around the team if the decision is to move on from him as GM. He'd position himself to still make decisions or have an influence. The guy is a weasel.

Jefferson is clearly better than Reagor this year. I'm willing to wait for another year before calling it a complete failure. 

2 hours ago, Br3 said:

Raider Nation is killing Henry Ruggs while wishing they drafted Jefferson and also giving their new star Agholor some praise lol 

6E9B644D-DFEC-48D4-A4BD-FB1CCC567A46.png

I saw a few plays on Red zone and it looked to me like he put a few down that he really should've held on to. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He shouldn't be here. There's literally no reason at all to keep him around the team if the decision is to move on from him as GM. He'd position himself to still make decisions or have an influence. The guy is a weasel.

When it comes to money, a weasel is good though.

So much for that rumor that Reagor ran a 4.2 forty. He looks much slower then he did in college. He looks like a 4.45-4.5 that he ran at the combine. 

Howie strikes again. Reagor is not good... the fact we drafted him in the 1st is laughable. There are small "fast" players who can't play WR all over the board.

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Where is this speed he's supposed to have?

Just what I was thinking. He’s running go routes and 7 routes and he’s not beating anybody. He’s not getting any separation. I’m really starting to wonder about this guy. 

Just now, Damanick10 said:

Howie strikes again. Reagor is not good... the fact we drafted him in the 1st is laughable. There are small "fast" players who can't play WR all over the board.

Yeah, I questioned his speed, is he the 4.47 combine time or the 4.22 pro-day time, it's looking like the 4.47 based on his lack of separation.

Another discrepancy was his short shuttle, 4.46 at the combine and 3.97 at his pro-day, this measures quickness and change of direction.

It could be that he can run a 4.22 but just plays slow, either way, bad pick, I thought Mims was a no-brainer, that will be evident when the Jets assemble a team.

Hey remember when I tried to make a point that jefferson would have been a much better pick that Reagor?  

He was nfl ready coming out.  

reagor is a project and not looking good at all.  

we could have had DK and Jefferson on this roster right now. With miles, ertz, goeddert....offense would have been scary good.

Instead it’s headcase carson, 6 touches per game miles, a soon to be gone broken down ertz, and 2 guys who will be working at Lowe’s in 2 years playing wide receiver.

We can blame doug all we want, but this team has zero talent. Howie has to go (too). 

18 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I’m not sure anybody used Alshon or JJ as arguments for not drafting Jefferson.

The argument was that he was a slot guy and we had that already and that he only ran slot routes and couldn’t play the outside and that he had a stud qb throwing to him, unlike the scrap we have behind center right now.  Meanwhile he’s lining up all over the field and catching bombs from superstar future HOF Qb Kirk Cousins.   Oh, wait....

11 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Jefferson is clearly better than Reagor this year. I'm willing to wait for another year before calling it a complete failure. 

Jefferson has the advantage of having a nfl QB throwing to him with a nfl WR playing next to him as well.

3 minutes ago, DBW said:

The argument was that he was a slot guy and we had that already and that he only ran slot routes and couldn’t play the outside and that he had a stud qb throwing to him, unlike the scrap we have behind center right now.  Meanwhile he’s lining up all over the field and catching bombs from superstar future HOF Qb Kirk Cousins.   Oh, wait....

What makes you think he would have been good here? I'm not convinced with this staff and QB. Cousins > Wentz. Ouch that hurt to write.

Archived