Reagor over Jefferson

Philthy Jawn

I don't see a second gear with him. He plays at the same speed.  Great WRs tend to have that extra burst to separate. You can call it suddenness.  I don't see it with Reagor. Not sure that he has it.

10 minutes ago, judunno said:

What makes you think he would have been good here? I'm not convinced with this staff and QB. Cousins > Wentz. Ouch that hurt to write.

The same things that make me think DK would have still been a stud here.  Talent.  He’s better than reagor hands down.  Doesn’t matter who’s throwing him the ball.  He had 70 yds and 2 TDs without thielen this weekend so it didn’t matter that he was without another stud WR on the field either. 

Reagor couldn’t dominate in a weaker conference against a bunch of walk ons while jefferson routinely dominated against nfl level completion in college.  

10 hours ago, Br3 said:

Raider Nation is killing Henry Ruggs while wishing they drafted Jefferson and also giving their new star Agholor some praise lol 

6E9B644D-DFEC-48D4-A4BD-FB1CCC567A46.png

A lot of fans don't seem to understand that it typically takes speed/quick/vertical threat guys like Ruggs and Reagor a longer time to transition to the NFL than it would take for bigger guys like Jefferson and Metcalf.

For starters, guys like Ruggs and Reagor are going to primarily play on the outside and that fact alone makes it much harder since they are typically going up against other teams' #1 or #2 CB's vs guys like Metcalf and Jeferson that can get a good amount of plays out of the slot. 

Secondly, guys like Ruggs and Reagor were exponentially faster than most of the DB's they faced in college.  That gap is exponentially smaller once they get in the NFL so they can't just "blow by" every DB they face.  They need to adapt and learn better route running, moves etc etc.  And that takes time.  

1 minute ago, DBW said:

The same things that make me think DK would have still been a stud here.  Talent.  He’s better than reagor hands down.  Doesn’t matter who’s throwing him the ball.  He had 70 yds and 2 TDs without thielen this weekend so it didn’t matter that he was without another stud WR on the field either. 

Did you see how many times Wentz under threw the ball or flat out missed people running wide open? Jerry Rice wouldn't help that. Plus the OL and Pederson don't help the rest of the time. Predictability is still a problem and they have a tendency of stopping their own damn running game. Miles avgs 5+ yards per carry for Christ's sake.

Not all Reagor's fault but man he looks slow, getting no separation at all.. Need to have a great offseason, lose weight and have a great training camp with a new QB throwing to him to fully see what he has got...

12 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Not all Reagor's fault but man he looks slow, getting no separation at all.. Need to have a great offseason, lose weight and have a great training camp with a new QB throwing to him to fully see what he has got...

Yeah I mean he's struggling out there isn't he! He doesn't look dynamic and explosive but we know that he is a dynamic player. 

1 hour ago, Jeep_man said:

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I mean he's struggling out there isn't he! He doesn't look dynamic and explosive but we know that he is a dynamic player. 

That’s the concern for me - he looks okay - but I’m just not seeing that college explosiveness.

1 minute ago, ManchesterEagle said:

That’s the concern for me - he looks okay - but I’m just not seeing that college explosiveness.

But do we know what weight he's at? I mean going in to the combine he bulked up and then struggled. Has he bulked up perhaps? He does look fairly slow at times to be honest. 

I can deal with Reagor over Jefferson.   It's how we arrived at JJAW over Metcalf that has me confused.

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I can deal with Reagor over Jefferson.   It's how we arrived at JJAW over Metcalf that has me confused.

Absolutely agree with you. JJAW over a number of WRs to be honest with you not just Metcalf.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Absolutely agree with you. JJAW over a number of WRs to be honest with you not just Metcalf.

Whiteside getting drafted period had me confused. He had nice highlights but as a PAC 12 guy, I knew he was going to be trash. I wish we had the old board to pull up those receipts.

On 11/18/2020 at 4:04 PM, birdman#12 said:

Unbelievable..........31 teams passed in Metcalf twice.  Seattle took LJ Collier in the first round....a guy who ended his rookie season with 3 f------ tackles.

But yeah, let's single out roseman......

And Jefferson?  Only idiots compare rookies after 10 games. 

Roseman isn't going anywhere and he's going to retain FULL GM powers after the season........Regardless of what the fans and media think....

You have to be joking...

4 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I'm not dealing with it.  Jefferson has more speed, more size, better route-running, and faced off against much better competition.  The choice of Reagor may be catastrophic if this kid doesn't develop into a good wide receiver by next year.  I honestly don't know if he can play the slot if he's not capable of playing outside.  

8 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

A lot of fans don't seem to understand that it typically takes speed/quick/vertical threat guys like Ruggs and Reagor a longer time to transition to the NFL than it would take for bigger guys like Jefferson and Metcalf.

For starters, guys like Ruggs and Reagor are going to primarily play on the outside and that fact alone makes it much harder since they are typically going up against other teams' #1 or #2 CB's vs guys like Metcalf and Jeferson that can get a good amount of plays out of the slot. 

Secondly, guys like Ruggs and Reagor were exponentially faster than most of the DB's they faced in college.  That gap is exponentially smaller once they get in the NFL so they can't just "blow by" every DB they face.  They need to adapt and learn better route running, moves etc etc.  And that takes time.  

The funny thing is, Howie supposedly loved Ruggs too. Howie is just a fantasy football nerd trying to play GM of a real football team. He has no clue what he’s doing. 

15 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

The funny thing is, Howie supposedly loved Ruggs too. Howie is just a fantasy football nerd trying to play GM of a real football team. He has no clue what he’s doing. 

That actually sounds pretty accurate.

8 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

Reagor wasn't exclusively a verticle threat in college, that is as much a misread of him as those saying that Jefferson was exclusively a slot guy.  What's more, Jefferson is faster than Reagor, both in his 40 time during the combine and his play on the field.

But what's most important here is that Reagor wasn't meant as a project.  It was clear at the end of last season that Wentz needed immediate help.  If he were a project, it was irresponsible of the team to draft him instead of Jefferson.

6 minutes ago, Philthy Jawn said:

Reagor wasn't exclusively a verticle threat in college, that is as much a misread of him as those saying that Jefferson was exclusively a slot guy.  What's more, Jefferson is faster than Reagor, both in his 40 time during the combine and his play on the field.

But what's most important here is that Reagor wasn't meant as a project.  It was clear at the end of last season that Wentz needed immediate help.  If he were a project, it was irresponsible of the team to draft him instead of Jefferson.

Reagor's skill set is based around be "quick and explosive/strong" vs just straightline speed (Which I believe he has and it will eventually show). 

But yes, Reagor wasn't drafted to be the immediate #1.  We still had DeSean Jackson, Jeffery, Ward and Goodwin who all were likely going to be higher on the depth chart at the beginning of the season.  Very few WR's come into the NFL as immediate starting caliber WR's.  The 2020 NFL draft is an outlier when discussing immediate NFL caliber WR's.  It had more high quality prospects at WR than probably any NFL draft over the last 20 years. 

And don't kid yourself, Justin Jefferson wouldn't look anywhere near as good if Wentz was his QB this year and Reagor would look exponentially better with a top 10 QB throwing him the ball this year.

Reagor = Josh Huff.  All these rookies need to do is make one play, make one nice TD grab and everyone will ease up on them and let them develop for a bit.  But they refuse to do it, and allow all the pressure to come down on them and eventually ruin their psyche.

3 catches for 11 yards will get you replaced real quick by the new GM/Coach.

9 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

We took Desean for granted. That boy was ready for primetime week one of his rookie year

It's funny that the Eagles supposedly didn't draft Jefferson because he was just a slot WR. After 12 weeks, he's proven that he can play in the slot and outside, while Reagor hasn't proven that he can play in the slot nor outside. 

Just now, QBhunter58 said:

We took Desean for granted. That boy was ready for primetime week one of his rookie year

DeSean also had generational speed.  His on-field speed is among the fastest in the history of the NFL.  There was no one in the NFL that could catch him from behind during his first 5-7 years in the league.  No one.

2 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

taking reagor over jefferson and higgins is a case of a bad drafting. that pick was shocking.

I would still rather have Reagor than Higgins

Archived