Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

That's fine since Hurts is the better starter. 

Minshew got 1/4th of Hurts passing touchdowns in one game last year with the same team hurts failed against the other NJ team just the week before. As a thrower of the football it's easily minshew over hurts

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Jalen Hurts will be a starting QB in this league for quite some time.  The journey will continue too though for Journeyman Backup Gardner Minshew.  

I don't think he starts for one team more than two years at a time. Better Tyrod 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Minshew got 1/4th of Hurts passing touchdowns in one game last year with the same team hurts failed against the other NJ team just the week before. As a thrower of the football it's easily minshew over hurts

I don't think he starts for one team more than two years at a time. Better Tyrod 

I think he ends up being the Eagles QB for at least one more contract based on the step I anticipate him taking forward this season.  

Also against the Jets, every Minshew completion except for two were within 10 yards of the LOS or behind the LOS.  It was also the Jets.  

47 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I think he ends up being the Eagles QB for at least one more contract based on the step I anticipate him taking forward this season.  

Also against the Jets, every Minshew completion except for two were within 10 yards of the LOS or behind the LOS.  It was also the Jets.  

I dont think he makes it past next season. And it was the Giants that killed Hurts. Performance matters and he performed. Hurts had the lowest percentage of check downs for the years. Maybe if he learned that instead of running, maybe he can get a 4 TD game....

6 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I dont think he makes it past next season. And it was the Giants that killed Hurts. Performance matters and he performed. Hurts had the lowest percentage of check downs for the years. Maybe if he learned that instead of running, maybe he can get a 4 TD game....

Two posts ago you're comparing Hurts to Tyrod.  Minshew is closer to Tyrod.  Taking all these short under 10 yard passes.  Hesitant to push the ball down the field.  

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Jalen Hurts will be a starting QB in this league for quite some time.  The journey will continue too though for Journeyman Backup Gardner Minshew.  

Define quite some time. 5 years? Maybe. When he's 32/33? Nope.

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Two posts ago you're comparing Hurts to Tyrod.  Minshew is closer to Tyrod.  Taking all these short under 10 yard passes.  Hesitant to push the ball down the field.  

Stats and playing style is much closer to Tyrod. Minshew is closer to an Alex Smith type 

https://youtu.be/rP2vyip6OIY

Looks identical to a hurts highlight film .... But better throws

19 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Define quite some time. 5 years? Maybe. When he's 32/33? Nope.

Depends on how this upcoming year plays out but if he takes the step forward I believe he will then I think the Eagles lock him up to a new deal and he is the Eagles QB for at least the next 4-5 years.  After that either he remains a long time starter here and signs another deal or at the very least gets another starting chance somewhere else in the league.

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Depends on how this upcoming year plays out but if he takes the step forward I believe he will then I think the Eagles lock him up to a new deal and he is the Eagles QB for at least the next 4-5 years.  After that either he remains a long time starter here and signs another deal or at the very least gets another starting chance somewhere else in the league.

If he doesn't get it done this year, there are 6-7 first round QBs coming into the league next year. He may get pushed out of top 20 completely which means he will always be replaceable 

20 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Stats and playing style is much closer to Tyrod. Minshew is closer to an Alex Smith type 

https://youtu.be/rP2vyip6OIY

Looks identical to a hurts highlight film .... But better throws

Tyrod and Alex Smith are both game managers.  Only difference in your pairings of similarities are race.  Minshew is capped at a game manager, yes.  But Jalen Hurts has dynamic ability that gives him a ceiling that is above game manger if his passing game continues to progress as I believe it will.  

I would say the Eagles are going to be looking for a QB next season then if I go by your past QB evaluations.

2 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

If he doesn't get it done this year, there are 6-7 first round QBs coming into the league next year. He may get pushed out of top 20 completely which means he will always be replaceable 

Yes, but I believe he does get it done this year.  I don't believe he has hit is ceiling as the areas of his game where he needs to improve are areas he can improve and anyone with his level of work ethic and intangibles and coachability and desire to improve and love for the game is someone that I believe will hit their ceiling.  One of his best friends in AJ Brown joining the team certainly doesn't hurt him.  Hurts is going to have a really good year if he can stay healthy *knock on wood*.  

10 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Tyrod and Alex Smith are both game managers.  Only difference in your pairings of similarities are race.  Minshew is capped at a game manager, yes.  But Jalen Hurts has dynamic ability that gives him a ceiling that is above game manger if his passing game continues to progress as I believe it will.  

Really? Race being thrown into it. Did you watch the video or looked at the stats of when Tyrod was a starter or you just talking out of your ass? 

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Yes, but I believe he does get it done this year.  I don't believe he has hit is ceiling as the areas of his game where he needs to improve are areas he can improve and anyone with his level of work ethic and intangibles and coachability and desire to improve and love for the game is someone that I believe will hit their ceiling.  One of his best friends in AJ Brown joining the team certainly doesn't hurt him.  Hurts is going to have a really good year if he can stay healthy *knock on wood*.  

Every NFL player works hard.... Really an awful argument and I believe he will improve, but not enough to be worth a 30+ million dollar contract which he will want 

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

The Eagles are 11-0 all time vs the Jets. They always play us so tough. Go ahead, hang your hat on that one game. I remember when Scott Tinsley threw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs in a game against dallas ... big deal.

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The Eagles are 11-0 all time vs the Jets. They always play us so tough. Go ahead, hang your hat on that one game. I remember when Scott Tinsley threw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs in a game against dallas ... big deal.

You guys hung onto the Atlanta game forever and then thought the Denver game was impressive LMAO 

7 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Really? Race being thrown into it. Did you watch the video or looked at the stats of when Tyrod was a starter or you just talking out of your ass? 

Every NFL player works hard.... Really an awful argument and I believe he will improve, but not enough to be worth a 30+ million dollar contract which he will want 

Tyrod Taylor and Alex Smith have very similiar playstyles as QB and play the same role of a QB manager at QB.  Alex Smith is obviously a better QB than Tyrod.  But functionally they are of the same mold.  

No, every NFL player does not work hard.  The work ethic of Jalen Reagor does not equal the work ethic of Jalen hurts of Jason Kelce or Brandon Graham or DeVonta Smith.   

If Jalen Hurts plays very well next season, takes the Eagles to at least the divisional round or NFC Championship Game and he is willing to sign a new contract at only $30M a year then that is a major bargain at the QB position when QBs are now making $50M per year.  

9 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

You guys hung onto the Atlanta game forever and then thought the Denver game was impressive LMAO 

He played well against a very talented defensive team in Denver.  Stats would have looked even better if Quez didn't drop the deep pass in the endzone for a TD at the end of the first half.  Saints game was also highly impressive especially given how they were the leagues best run defense heading into that game and the national media's darling to be the wild card team and would later shutout the Brady Bucs.  

Just now, Shalodeep said:

I had no complaints about the Atlanta game. The team as a whole played better than I expected after I felt the team failed to take full advantage of the preseason in preparation for the real season. But I don't recall heaping a lot of praise on Hurts about that performance. He then had me concerned during the next several games as it appeared he wasn't progressing positively. But then his play finally picked up and, yeah, I was impressed by his passing against a strong Denver defense at Mile High. Maybe you care about total passing yards --- something I couldn't care less about. Troy Aikman had a total of four 300 yard games in his first 5 seasons and never had more than 1 in each of them. He's in the HOF because he managed the game well and helped his team succeed. 

We agree he'll get a chance to start for another team. How many running QB without good passing skills make it past 31 or 32 though? Even with improvement I don't see him being someone with longevity because his skill set isn't as a passer. Heck, McNabb hit a wall around then, and he could make plays with his legs, but was mostly a pocket QB for years at that point.

7 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

We agree he'll get a chance to start for another team. How many running QB without good passing skills make it past 31 or 32 though? Even with improvement I don't see him being someone with longevity because his skill set isn't as a passer. Heck, McNabb hit a wall around then, and he could make plays with his legs, but was mostly a pocket QB for years at that point.

Remember when Cunningham didn't have good passing skills, retired but then later came back with the Vikings and had what would have been a MVP season (if not for Terrell Davis being at the peak of his powers) when he was throwing it to both Chris Carter and Randy Moss?

Jalen is going to do special things in this offense this year with this special talent he has to work with.  Talent that in the case of Landon, DeVonta and AJ have all had prior connections with Jalen prior to coming together here.  The offensive locker room and likely the defense as well is going to be very tight this season.  That seems to be the most prevailing factor in any championship team is their locker room.  Was no different for the Eagles in 2017.  Eagles certainly have the talent of a contending team but they also seem to have the advantage of a real team bond within that talent structure.  Jalen is going to do beautiful things this season.  This could be a Super Bowl year, it certainly has that feeling right now.  Plus with Jalen Hurts as Tom Brady's own chosen successor, disciple, prince whatever you want to call it but perhaps we see Brady come into Philly for the NFC Title Game and Jalen erases ghosts of the past and a true passing of the torch moment happens as the Eagles go to the Super Bowl on the back of Jalen Hurts over Tom Brady and the Bucs.  

6 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

There’s no "technically” about it.  He’s entering Year 3 and his contract says he’s going into Year 3, with no 5th year option.  That means Hurts will be demanding a huge contract extension after this season.  

But you're talking about the aspect of Hurts getting a new contract. Yes this time next year the Eagles are going to have to have made a final decision on Hurts. In fact they'll have had to made one at the end of the year so we are only 7 or so months away from that. 

I'm just saying this is only his second year as a starter. His second year getting first team reps. Also his second year in this system. 

Minshew is a decisively superior passer to Hurts and he's still a career backup/journeyman for good reason.

6 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Remember when Cunningham didn't have good passing skills, retired but then later came back with the Vikings and had what would have been a MVP season (if not for Terrell Davis being at the peak of his powers) when he was throwing it to both Chris Carter and Randy Moss?

Jalen is going to do special things in this offense this year with this special talent he has to work with.  Talent that in the case of Landon, DeVonta and AJ have all had prior connections with Jalen prior to coming together here.  The offensive locker room and likely the defense as well is going to be very tight this season.  That seems to be the most prevailing factor in any championship team is their locker room.  Was no different for the Eagles in 2017.  Eagles certainly have the talent of a contending team but they also seem to have the advantage of a real team bond within that talent structure.  Jalen is going to do beautiful things this season.  This could be a Super Bowl year, it certainly has that feeling right now.  Plus with Jalen Hurts as Tom Brady's own chosen successor, disciple, prince whatever you want to call it but perhaps we see Brady come into Philly for the NFC Title Game and Jalen erases ghosts of the past and a true passing of the torch moment happens as the Eagles go to the Super Bowl on the back of Jalen Hurts over Tom Brady and the Bucs.  

😅🤣😂 😅🤣😂 😅🤣😂😅🤣😂 😅🤣😂 😅🤣😂

I really thought RTK was a major Hurts fan, now I feel silly knowing we've been trolled all along.

9 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

So we are going all the way back to Cunningham who was plagued with an OC and a coach who didn't have a clue how to use his talents as the one example? You are really stretching to make that one work. I can't even take the end of that seriously.

I'm fine with Hurts as long as they don't sign him to a $100 million contract. I'm not saying he shouldn't get one with another team.

Archived