Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

5 minutes ago, Swoop said:

So what you're saying is that he's basically a rookie.

Wish I had these excuses at work ... "Wtf happened?!" .... Look boss, I'm a 3rd year rookie. Shouldn't expect me to know these things even though I went to highschool AND college AND have had training with your staff for two years for this exact thing 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Wish I had these excuses at work ... "Wtf happened?!" .... Look boss, I'm a 3rd year rookie. Shouldn't expect me to know these things even though I went to highschool AND college AND have had training with your staff for two years for this exact thing 

Duh, it's called a rookie contract for a reason! You don't stop being a rookie til your second contract.

5 minutes ago, Vileborg said:

Duh, it's called a rookie contract for a reason! You don't stop being a rookie til your second contract.

guinness-brilliant1 (1).jpg

17 minutes ago, Vileborg said:

That is why Hurts should have been a first round pick.  He really does need that 5th rookie season.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That is why Hurts should have been a first round pick.  He really does need that 5th rookie season.

Hurts is at least working on his game to get better. You have posted the same lame crap over and over again since last year.

Try to up your Hurts Hating game. You need some new material.

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

Hurts is at least working on his game to get better. You have posted the same lame crap over and over again since last year.

I am sure Hurts will give us plenty of new material once he hits the field.

5 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Not like you would take it to any consideration anyway. We have posted almost every potential stat and video to prove the guy is just a guy and has always been just a guy since college and we are considered haters. Man was 20th+ ranked in all passing categories and yet somehow he is top 10 bound by you guys...ignoring the fact that his hybrid style game has had few successful seasons, let alone careers in this league. It's not lack of material, it's comprehension that is the struggle here 

2 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Not like you would take it to any consideration anyway. We have posted almost every potential stat and video to prove the guy is just a guy and has always been just a guy since college and we are considered haters. Man was 20th+ ranked in all passing categories and yet somehow he is top 10 bound by you guys...ignoring the fact that his hybrid style game has had few successful seasons, let alone careers in this league. It's not lack of material, it's comprehension that is the struggle here 

But, but, but, there is that one obscure stat that says he is top 10.

20 minutes ago, downundermike said:

But, but, but, there is that one obscure stat that says he is top 10.

3rd down conversions, turnovers, all running stats, and out of pocket passing would be my guess. All mobility traits. 

Rumor has it that Julian Lurie has a #1 Hurts jersey (and a #2), so Daddy might keep him around.

NFC East Career:

5 wins 5 losses

1587 yards

6 Passing TD’s

9 INT’s

12 sacks

6 Fumbles 2 Lost

QBR 73.3

57% accuracy

In case you were feeling confident about walking away with the east. Other fun stats for hurts time. 7 rushing tds in the second half, 6 of them while trailing aka hurts time. 9 of his 10 rushing Tds were from within the 10 yard line. Sanders ended up with zero....chances are he has doomed Sanders in Philly with that play. We had only two game winning drives all season, and those two games he rushed for 2 TDS total, 0 passing touchdowns against Carolina and Washington aka two really bad QBs. He's not as bad as many of us talk about him...the numbers say he is worse 

23 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Taysom Hill was Tim tebow.  Hurts is going to be an NFL Qb for a long time, only question is will he be a low end franchise type, a fringe starter/top tier backup or just a pure backup.  But he will make his money in pro football.

RBs have a short career life. What makes you think a QB who runs first wont also have a short career life?

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

RBs have a short career life. What makes you think a QB who runs first wont also have a short career life?

SWAG

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Running Qb's can fall off a cliff at 30 just like a RB.  That's still at least a hefty 2nd contract if he's a starter or several smaller ones as a backup where the wear n tear is lighter.  Hurts will make at least $50m as an NFL Qb, that's the floor barring major injury early.

4 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

NFC East Career:

5 wins 5 losses

1587 yards

6 Passing TD’s

9 INT’s

12 sacks

6 Fumbles 2 Lost

QBR 73.3

57% accuracy

In case you were feeling confident about walking away with the east. Other fun stats for hurts time. 7 rushing tds in the second half, 6 of them while trailing aka hurts time. 9 of his 10 rushing Tds were from within the 10 yard line. Sanders ended up with zero....chances are he has doomed Sanders in Philly with that play. We had only two game winning drives all season, and those two games he rushed for 2 TDS total, 0 passing touchdowns against Carolina and Washington aka two really bad QBs. He's not as bad as many of us talk about him...the numbers say he is worse 

You are aware that you can bet against the team if you think the qb is so bad, right? Draftkings thinks the Eagles will win 9.5 games and go to the playoffs. You can make money betting against both those things happening. So if you think Hurts is so bad, why not get rich from it? 

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

You are aware that you can bet against the team if you think the qb is so bad, right? Draftkings thinks the Eagles will win 9.5 games and go to the playoffs. You can make money betting against both those things happening. So if you think Hurts is so bad, why not get rich from it? 

Yeah, either bet against the Eagles or buy a #1 Hurts jersey.

6 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

NFC East Career:

5 wins 5 losses

1587 yards

6 Passing TD’s

9 INT’s

12 sacks

6 Fumbles 2 Lost

QBR 73.3

57% accuracy

lol

2020:

week 1 vs Wash --- inactive (let's chalk this loss up to Hurts)

week 7 vs NYG --- 5 snaps

week 8 vs cowboys --- 3 snaps

week 9 vs NYG --- 3 snaps

week 16 vs cowboys --- whole game

week 17 vs Wash --- bad 1st half / Sudfeld era

Who cares how many passing TDs he had in wins vs Carolina and Washington? You're really trying hard to pick and choose things that sound bad out of context, but aren't. I really don't care one bit how you feel about our chances of winning the division. I feel pretty good. 

I guess Charlie Brown was an Eagles fan:

6d36c2e75bc308b00db209125c854c06.jpg

What if Jalen Hurts still can't read a defense? 

11 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

We should all chip in to get him this.

5126og0auFL._SX398_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

13 hours ago, jsb235 said:

I'm waiting for that line to move a little more as people keep pouring into the over being overconfident in June not realizing our defense is paper thin depth wise and is two injuries away from being an open door with an offense that isn't built to win from behind. Then there will be calls for Nick's head followed by "Jalens never had a GOOD coach two years in a row. Bring someone in who knows how to work with Jalen" 

1 hour ago, CouchKing said:

So far he can’t. We’ll see if there’s any change this year. 

The best possible outcome this season is he takes a huge step forward and grabs hold of the QB job going forward. I’m skeptical of that happening, but would obviously be the best result. 

In my mind the second best result would be that he shows little to no improvement, and the team looks to replace him next offseason. 

The worst scenario would be if he improves just enough that the organization is on the fence with him after the season. We need a definitive answer. 

14 minutes ago, nipples said:

So far he can’t. We’ll see if there’s any change this year. 

The best possible outcome this season is he takes a huge step forward and grabs hold of the QB job going forward. I’m skeptical of that happening, but would obviously be the best result. 

In my mind the second best result would be that he shows little to no improvement, and the team looks to replace him next offseason. 

The worst scenario would be if he improves just enough that the organization is on the fence with him after the season. We need a definitive answer. 

100% to all of this 

48 minutes ago, Procus said:

But had some of the best coaches throughout his college and NFL career @_@

12 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

But had some of the best coaches throughout his college and NFL career @_@

We'll see how the team plays this year.  Hopefully Jalen will impress.

Archived