Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

3 hours ago, jsb235 said:

Yup, it hasn't happened before.

Ravens QB Lamar Jackson named 2019 NFL MVP

Also Cam Newton and Steve McNair.

I mean, are you so dumb that you think the narrative that somehow rushing TDs don't matter exists outside of the delusional minds of the people in this forum who think like you do? Because there is real world data that you can easily access that shows why that is a delusional thing to think. 

That real world data sure helped Newton, McNair, and Jackson win their real world Super Bowls.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

Maybe you can apply to be the team's qb expert.

You and RTK can apply to be the teams rb at qb experts.

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Nice cop out.  Tell me about all the titles our running QB’s have won.

Good news, Hurts got his boy AJ, the Eagles gave him big $$, Hurts will sink or swim as a passer this year and will not be hidden by the running game.

Early reports are already saying Brown and Hurts can't get on the same page and it's a struggle. 

5 hours ago, jsb235 said:

I'm making the point to start him? Jalen doesn't have half the arm talent either of these guys have. Cam survived by his legs and had one insane year....not exactly the model of QB I would want, but have called Jalen Cam Lite a bunch on here. And when it comes to Lamar....if he was our QB, I would be on the defense with you guys... He started only seven games his first year, came back his second year and his percentage went up to 66.1% , threw 36tds and hasn't had a completion percentage under 64 the last three years. He does run, but he is also a very efficient passer when need be. At this moment in their careers, comparing Jalen to Lamar is pretty Fing laughable. Oh, and Lamar was only 22 when he won MVP for all of you and that stupid age argument for Jalen. When you got it, you got it. Also....lame is already +25 on the wins and losses column. Kid wins a lot 

7 hours ago, downundermike said:

Nice cop out.  Tell me about all the titles our running QB’s have won.

Good news, Hurts got his boy AJ, the Eagles gave him big $$, Hurts will sink or swim as a passer this year and will not be hidden by the running game.

Any running QBs who struggled in the passing game have won...

3 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

And when it comes to Lamar....if he was our QB, I would be on the defense with you guys... He started only seven games his first year, came back his second year and his percentage went up to 66.1% , threw 36tds and hasn't had a completion percentage under 64 the last three years. He does run, but he is also a very efficient passer when need be. At this moment in their careers, comparing Jalen to Lamar is pretty Fing laughable. Oh, and Lamar was only 22 when he won MVP for all of you and that stupid age argument for Jalen. When you got it, you got it. Also....lame is already +25 on the wins and losses column. Kid wins a lot 

Lamar walked into a situation where the team already had a top 10 defense, an established coaching staff and an offense that also added two other pro bowlers (Browns and Andrews) in his draft class.

Hurts walked into a situation where the team had a bad defense, a coach that was fired after his rookie season and draft picks such as Reagor and JJAW as his supporting cast.

Comparing the situation that Hurts had with the one that Jackson had is "pretty Fing laughable" as you put it.

So it remains mind-boggling to me that you would want to replace Hurts before seeing what he could do when he's put into a situation like the one Lamar had when he won MVP. Like Lamar in 2019, Hurts will have a top 5 supporting cast around him on offense, a coaching staff with experience and what should be a much improved defense.

So now they question becomes, why are you scared that Hurts could actually be successful within those parameters?

But, regardless, your opinion is irrelevant. We will see what happens on the field.

20 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Lamar walked into a situation where the team already had a top 10 defense, an established coaching staff and an offense that also added two other pro bowlers (Browns and Andrews) in his draft class.

Hurts walked into a situation where the team had a bad defense, a coach that was fired after his rookie season and draft picks such as Reagor and JJAW as his supporting cast.

Comparing the situation that Hurts had with the one that Jackson had is "pretty Fing laughable" as you put it.

So it remains mind-boggling to me that you would want to replace Hurts before seeing what he could do when he's put into a situation like the one Lamar had when he won MVP. Like Lamar in 2019, Hurts will have a top 5 supporting cast around him on offense, a coaching staff with experience and what should be a much improved defense.

So now they question becomes, why are you scared that Hurts could actually be successful within those parameters?

But, regardless, your opinion is irrelevant. We will see what happens on the field.

How has Lamar Jackson done in the playoffs ??  1-3, 55% completions, 3 TD's and 5 interceptions.

Hurts is Lamar Jackson lite, so I do not even expect his numbers to be this good in the playoffs.

43 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Zero fear of him succeeding. I hope he succeeds, but I won't lie to myself about what I've seen from him. He doesn't have the two usual traits that come with running QBs, he has one. Lamar actually has the arm AND mobility plus showing strong signs of accuracy with his completion percentage. They aren't comparable at this point in their career because Lamar at 22 was significantly better with much better traits. Only thing I have wrong with Lamar beyond the playoffs is it feels he puts too much on himself instead of being a distributor of the ball at times.  We were relatively healthy last year and Lamar's team was far from it. I get that you are comfortable with someone being the weakest part of the starting lineup at the most important position, but I'm not. 

I keep hearing how great he is in camp, yet every video shows him with the slowest release still and struggling to connect with Brown. In Hurts highlights for OTAs the passes haven't been good so far so what am I supposed to be excited about?

8 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Early reports are already saying Brown and Hurts can't get on the same page and it's a struggle. 

I have no idea who you may have contact with so I'm just curious where you heard this or where this came from. I knew a scout with the Eagles but he recently got canned. Could have been his scouting though. He swore MIcah Parsons was going to be a bust.

Edit: I should mention that the above scout never talked about anything pertinent to the team. I would get his take about things afterward and nothing directed at the team. It was always about perspective players or people I thought we should take in the draft but didn't which is how the Parsons conversation came about.

20 minutes ago, Vileborg said:

I have no idea who you may have contact with so I'm just curious where you heard this or where this came from. I knew a scout with the Eagles but he recently got canned. Could have been his scouting though. He swore MIcah Parsons was going to be a bust.

Edit: I should mention that the above scout never talked about anything pertinent to the team. I would get his take about things afterward and nothing directed at the team. It was always about perspective players or people I thought we should take in the draft but didn't which is how the Parsons conversation came about.

Report from ESPN 

2 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

I get that you are comfortable with someone being the weakest part of the starting lineup at the most important position, but I'm not. 

And now we are back to the question - if not Hurts, who?

Obviously it was a limited sample size, but Minshew was worse than Hurts this spring, playing against backup dbs (admittedly with backup receivers.) And in these drills, Minshew should be far better than Hurts.

At this point you are just a random guy screaming at clouds, just like eagle45, downundermike and other posters with similar thoughts. Meanwhile, there is almost unanimous agreement everywhere else that Hurts should start and be given this season to show what he can do. The coaching staff, the front office, the players, the local media, the national media, analysts, former coaches.

At some point you may want to consider that fact that when you are on the opposite side of an issue from people who get paid to do it for a living, that you might be the one defending a dumb position.

4 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Obviously it was a limited sample size, but Minshew was worse than Hurts this spring, playing against backup dbs (admittedly with backup receivers.) And in these drills, Minshew should be far better than Hurts.

At this point you are just a random guy screaming at clouds, just like eagle45, downundermike and other posters with similar thoughts. Meanwhile, there is almost unanimous agreement everywhere else that Hurts should start and be given this season to show what he can do. The coaching staff, the front office, the players, the local media, the national media, analysts, former coaches.

At some point you may want to consider that fact that when you are on the opposite side of an issue from people who get paid to do it for a living, that you might be the one defending a dumb position.

Minshew put up better number than Hurts, while playing in Jacksonville, without a doubt the worst team in the league.

10 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

At some point you may want to consider that fact that when you are on the opposite side of an issue from people who get paid to do something for a living, that you might be the one defending a dumb position.

Who in the NFL isn't being paid for their insight? Then whole they get paid and you don't so your opinion is invalid argument doesn't fly when I would say 18-20 teams entire staffs are pretty pedestrian to garbage to be paid for... It's not across the board everywhere that Hurts is a good qb, only that he should get an opportunity this year. Also, many of those voices in media have to cover 31 other teams or are literally paid to be optimistic about the team to get people to listen and hyped for a season. Hurts numbers are below pedestrian and all ANYONE talks about is intangibles to defend him, or he deserves the chance...no. no he doesn't. And Minshew would stomp Hurts in open competition, but wasn't drafted by this team in the second round so there is an obvious bias for him to succeed. 

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Minshew put up better number than Hurts, while playing in Jacksonville, without a doubt the worst team in the league.

Look, you can keep arguing that Minshew is a better qb all you want. But no one with any credibility agrees with you. Not the organization. Not the media. Not the players. Not the rest of the league.

I get that you can't wrap your head around this fact, but that doesn't make it any less true.

8 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Look, you can keep arguing that Minshew is a better qb all you want. But no one with any credibility agrees with you. Not the organization. Not the media. Not the players. Not the rest of the league.

I get that you can't wrap your head around this fact, but that doesn't make it any less true.

So how did a worse QB put up better number on a worse team ????  And from a strictly passing perspective, Hurts is not even close to Minshew.

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So how did a worse QB put up better number on a worse team ????  And from a strictly passing perspective, Hurts is not even close to Minshew.

Minshew in 2019 had roughly the same amount of snaps as Hurts in 2021.

Minshew, 3,700 total yards, 21 TDs, 13 turnovers.

Hurts, 4,000 total yards, 26 TDs, 11 turnovers.

So in roughly the same amount of snaps, Hurts had more yards, more TDs and fewer turnovers.

You live in a fantasy world. There's no other explanation for your delusion.

Moreover, no one in the business agrees with you. It would be one thing if there was some debate about this on a professional level, but there isn't. There is just people like you randomly shouting it on talk radio and posting it on this message board. So until you can find someone who agrees with you who gets paid to discuss these things for a living, you may want to consider the fact that you might be the one on the wrong side of this issue.  

55 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

They have no one better because they chose to draft a running back to play quarterback in round 2 and then to commit to him.

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

So in roughly the same amount of snaps, Hurts had more yards, more TDs and fewer turnovers.

Moreover, no one in the business agrees with you. It would be one thing if there was some debate about this on a professional level, but there isn't. There is just people like you randomly shouting it on talk radio and posting it on this message board. So until you can find someone who agrees with you who gets paid to discuss these things for a living, you may want to consider the fact that you might be the one on the wrong side of this issue.  

Gotta love it.  Hurts went through camp as the starter and got all the reps, and it was his second year in the league.  Minshew was a rookie, the back up, and got thrown into the fire when the starter was injured week 1.  Minshew also started only 12 games in 2019 compared to Hurts 15 starts in 2021.  Hurts only put up 300 more yards of total offense in 3 more games played.

11 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

But they laughed on a Facetime video together on draft night.  

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Gotta love it.  Hurts went through camp as the starter and got all the reps, and it was his second year in the league.  Minshew was a rookie, the back up, and got thrown into the fire when the starter was injured week 1.  Minshew also started only 12 games in 2019 compared to Hurts 15 starts in 2021.  Hurts only put up 300 more yards of total offense in 3 more games played.

They don't get context brother. I've figured it out 

Hurts = good despite all evidence

Minshew = bad despite all evidence 

15 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I see reading comprehension is a difficult thing for you. He said in a passing perspective...you know, what quarterbacks do. Try again 

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You ever heard of snap counts? That's how you compare stats.

And now with the excuses?

Minshew's interception percentage got worse in his second year. His yards per attempt was worse in his second year. His qbr was worse in his second year. His sack percentage was worse in his second year. He didn't get better.

Hurts improved in all those stats. That's what coaches look for, signs of improvement.

All of your arguments are ridiculous. No one agrees with you in the NFL. Take the hint.

5 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I see reading comprehension is a difficult thing for you. He said in a passing perspective...you know, what quarterbacks do. Try again 

This is what he said.

"So how did a worse QB put up better number on a worse team ????"

He said Minshew's numbers were better. I showed that they weren't, and got worse in a number of areas in his second year. Which is why he was benched and then traded.

My reading comprehension is fine. Yours, not so much. 

4 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Minshew's interception percentage got worse in his second year. His yards per attempt was worse in his second year. His qbr was worse in his second year. His sack percentage was worse in his second year. He didn't get better.

Hurts improved in all those stats. That's what coaches look for, signs of improvement.

All of your arguments are ridiculous. No one agrees with you in the NFL. Take the hint.

You know when someone lost? When they keep doing the "you aren't a professional" on a literal fan board. You don't have a winning ground to stand on with any stats so this is the hill you die on. Funny part is Gardner was a better QB in half a game than Hurts was at any time this season on the same team that Hurts fielded just the weak before and lost to a team that was just as bad as the one Gardner murdered. You know who else had a great game? Miles Sanders. Why? Because Gardner isn't a selfish player who yanks the ball from his RBs belly to make the play himself over and over again

8 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Hurts was also one of the worst QBs ever the first few games he played lol not hard to go up from the very bottom of the barrel 

Archived