Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The haters are panicked.  

Jalen Hurts will be in the MVP conversation this season. 

🤡

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Last two MVP seasons were

37td/4int 4100 yards 111.9

48td/5int 4300 yards 121.5 

Compared to

16td/9int 3144 yards 87.2

Even if you double his touchdowns, he still wouldn't be in the conversation either year. There are legends in the MVP race, and he isn't one of them 

Hurts needs to generate about 5,000 total yards and 40 total TDs to be in the MVP conversation.

Last year he had 3,900 yards and 26 TDs in 15 games. So he is about 600 yards and 10 TDs behind the leaders. He had eight TDs called back by penalty last year, as well as a number of drops. Yes, every qb has TDs taken off the board, but he had an inordinate amount.

He's not as far off as you think he is, which is why he still has a job.    

10 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Hurts needs to generate about 5,000 total yards and 40 total TDs to be in the MVP conversation.

Last year he had 3,900 yards and 26 TDs in 15 games. So he is about 600 yards and 10 TDs behind the leaders. He had eight TDs called back by penalty last year, as well as a number of drops. Yes, every qb has TDs taken off the board, but he had an inordinate amount.

We had an inordinate number of plays called back because he can’t pass or read a defense and the OL is usually downfield run blocking for this high school offense while he is still winding up for his first read.

Almost every call back was for an ineligible lineman downfield.  That’s a direct result of a gimmick attempting to compensate for having Hurts under center.

29 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Ahh the what ifs and should of beens of the delusional fan base. Let's also count running touchdowns because that has won so many people MVP before...dude, you guys like college football and Madden. I get it. Just realize until he can read a defense at an NFL level and not be afraid of his own shadow in the backfield, he won't near MVP status. He hasn't even proven to be the best QB on this team yet 

18 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

We had an inordinate number of plays called back because he can’t pass or read a defense and the OL is usually downfield run blocking for this high school offense while he is still winding up for his first read.

Almost every call back was for an ineligible lineman downfield.  That’s a direct result of a gimmick attempting to compensate for having Hurts under center.

As I recall, two of the TDs were negated because the receivers ran out of bounds. At least two were due to offensive PI calls. On one lineman downfield call, the problem wasn't Hurts, but the fact that Reagor ran a poor route to the flat.

But believe what you want. We will see what happens in the fall.

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Almost every call back was for an ineligible lineman downfield.

Holy revisionist history! 

1 was called back for ineligible man downfield, 2 were because the receiver stepped out of bounds first, 4 were offensive interference or holding, 1 was illegal formation. 

"Almost every call..." :roll:

2 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Let's also count running touchdowns because that has won so many people MVP before.

Yup, it hasn't happened before.

Ravens QB Lamar Jackson named 2019 NFL MVP

Also Cam Newton and Steve McNair.

I mean, are you so dumb that you think the narrative that somehow rushing TDs don't matter exists outside of the delusional minds of the people in this forum who think like you do? Because there is real world data that you can easily access that shows why that is a delusional thing to think. 

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Yup, it hasn't happened before.

Ravens QB Lamar Jackson named 2019 NFL MVP

Also Cam Newton and Steve McNair.

I mean, are you so dumb that you think the narrative that somehow rushing TDs don't matter exists outside of the delusional minds of the people in this forum who think like you do? Because there is real world data that you can easily access that shows why that is a delusional thing to think. 

Cam had 35 passing touchdowns, one off from the most in the league and Lamar led the league in passing touchdowns his MVP year lol You fell for that set up way too easy. Thanks for playing kid 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

🤡

Why is that clown?  Unless you think he hit his ceiling then he is going to improve and be better this year.  This is a contending team with an easy schedule.  I think the Eagles win the division and if he has the Eagles as a division winner on a potentially top 2 or 3 seed team then likely this young talented offense is humming and is cockstrong Hurts.  And if that's a case then it is very likely he will be in the MVP conversation.

Not out of question for him to have a year like 66.2%, 4,237 passing yards, 30 TD passes, 8 interceptions, 600 rushing yards & 8 TD runs.

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Why is that clown?  Unless you think he hit his ceiling then he is going to improve and be better this year.  This is a contending team with an easy schedule.  I think the Eagles win the division and if he has the Eagles as a division winner on a potentially top 2 or 3 seed team then likely this young talented offense is humming and is cockstrong Hurts.  And if that's a case then it is very likely he will be in the MVP conversation.

Not out of question for him to have a year like 66.2%, 4,237 yards, 30 TD passes, 8 interceptions, 600 rushing yards & 8 TD runs.

So almost doubling his passing touchdowns, 1100 more yards and still that much running? Nah not all of it 

5 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Cam had 35 passing touchdowns, one off from the most in the league and Lamar led the league in passing touchdowns his MVP year lol You fell for that set up way too easy. Thanks for playing kid 

Cam had almost 1,000 fewer passing yards the year he won the MVP than the league leader. So maybe his rushing stats had some impact on him winning the award?

Lamar Jackson was 22nd in passing yardage when he won his MVP.

I don't know what planet you live on, but it's clearly not one where they have any clue why NFL awards are handed out. 

6 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

So almost doubling his passing touchdowns, 1100 more yards and still that much running? Nah not all of it 

Josh Allen went from:

Year 2: 58.8%, 3,089 passing yards, 20 TD passes, 9 interceptions, 510 rushing yards, & 9 TD runs

to

Year 3: 69.2%, 4,544 passing yards, 37 TD passes, 10 interceptions, 421 rushing yards & 8 TD runs.  

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Cam had almost 1,000 fewer passing yards the year he won the MVP than the league leader. So maybe his rushing stats had some impact on him winning the award?

Lamar Jackson was 22nd in passing yardage when he won his MVP.

I don't know what planet you live on, but it's clearly not one where they have any clue why NFL awards are handed out. 

Ignoring the whole leading the league in passing touchdowns huh? Okay I'll play. Cam was also 15-1 that year making him the most valuable player on the best team while throwing 35 touchdowns. Context. He would of probably been MVP without the rushing. Cherry on top? Sure, but not the deciding factor. The 15-1 was. Now for Lamar. Lamar was 13-2, lead the league in passing touchdowns (36) before ever looking at his rushing. So the most valuable player on the team with the best record. Was his rushing the cherry on top? Of course...but didn't make him MVP.  Keep with the delusion you know what the hell you are talking about....because I get a kick out of it at this point 

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

You are my favorite quick laugh every day. I appreciate it RTK

He won’t bet me on it though.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He won’t bet me on it though.

Of course not. He knows he is delusional 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

🤡

Obviously a clown troll.  He won’t make a bet on Hurts not even getting an MVP vote, and I was putting a month suspension on it.

30 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Not out of question for him to have a year like 66.2%, 4,237 passing yards, 30 TD passes, 8 interceptions, 600 rushing yards & 8 TD runs.

MVP is a completely absurd idea. 

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

MVP is a completely absurd idea. 

Was an absurd idea that Wentz would be a MVP candidate heading into that season.  Was an absurd idea that Mahomes would win MVP heading into that season.  Was an absurd idea that Lamar Jackson would win MVP heading into that season.  Was an absurd idea that Josh Allen would be an MVP candidate heading into his 3rd season.  

Jalen Hurts is going to make a leap this season and the only question is how much of a leap is he going to make.  I think with this being a contending team around him and like any other league winning a lot of teams helps your case for MVP that he will be in the MVP conversation this upcoming season.  

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Was an absurd idea that Wentz would be a MVP candidate heading into that season.  Was an absurd idea that Mahomes would win MVP heading into that season.  Was an absurd idea that Lamar Jackson would win MVP heading into that season.  Was an absurd idea that Josh Allen would be an MVP candidate heading into his 3rd season.  

Jalen Hurts is going to make a leap this season and the only question is how much of a leap is he going to make.  I think with this being a contending team around him and like any other league winning a lot of teams helps your case for MVP that he will be in the MVP conversation this upcoming season.  

Jalen has none of their arm talent lol 

12 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Ignoring the whole leading the league in passing touchdowns huh? Okay I'll play. Cam was also 15-1 that year making him the most valuable player on the best team while throwing 35 touchdowns. Context. He would of probably been MVP without the rushing.

Really? let's look at Cam's 2015 season. He had 35 passing TDs, the same as Carson Palmer, Eli Manning and Blake Bortles. He was 16th in passing yards, and 27th in completion percentage. As far as the team going 15 and 1, do you think it is somehow possible that him running for 600 yards and 10 TDs was connected to the team winning 15 games? His passing game alone gets you 5 wins. Just ask Blake Bortles, who won that many games despite having better passing stats than Cam. 

Cherry on top? Sure, but not the deciding factor. The 15-1 was.

Now for Lamar. Lamar was 13-2,

Again, are you saying that the fact that Lamar ran for 1,200 yards and scored 7 rushing TDs had no impact on the team's record? 

lead the league in passing touchdowns (36) before ever looking at his rushing. So the most valuable player on the team with the best record. Was his rushing the cherry on top? Of course.

Really? The cherry? 25 percent of his total yards were on the ground. He had 71 running first downs. How many passing TDs do you think he doesn't get if his legs didn't carry the team down the field for most of the season?

..but didn't make him MVP.  Keep with the delusion you know what the hell you are talking about....because I get a kick out of it at this point 

At this point the only thing you are doing is making the case for Jalen Hurts to be the team's qb. Jackson had the same TD percentage the year before his MVP season as Jalen Hurts did last year (3.7) Cam Newton had the same TD percentage in his second year in the league. How dumb can you be to start out making an anti-Hurts comment and end up providing the best evidence that he should continue as the qb?

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

This is what @Shalodeep is doing to @jsb235 right now

AC8D4098-D9D8-4A0B-B5A3-0D7991DB475A.gif

Yup, you're the guy who should be calling balls and strikes in a Hurts discussion.

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

Yup, you're the guy who should be calling balls and strikes in a Hurts discussion.

Correct.  Because I am not an enamored Madden fan boy, and understands what QB’s need to do to win titles in the NFL.  Who won titles in Philly ?? Cunningham, nope.  McNabb, nope.  Vick, nope.  Foles, Yes sir.  You win passing, not with a QB running.

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Correct.  Because I am not an enamored Madden fan boy, and understands what QB’s need to do to win titles in the NFL.  Who won titles in Philly ?? Cunningham, nope.  McNabb, nope.  Vick, nope.  Foles, Yes sir.  You win passing, not with a QB running.

Maybe you can apply to be the team's qb expert.

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

Maybe you can apply to be the team's qb expert.

Nice cop out.  Tell me about all the titles our running QB’s have won.

Good news, Hurts got his boy AJ, the Eagles gave him big $$, Hurts will sink or swim as a passer this year and will not be hidden by the running game.

Archived