Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

6 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Correct. But as a rookie qb, he needs some slack on that leash.

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

People keep saying this.  I mean, sure, he's not Peyton or Mahomes but I see a guy with very nice touch on the deep ball.  That PI call he helped Alshon draw was a laser.

He has led the Eagles to points on 2 of 18 second half possessions since he became the starter.  

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t mind if Doug and Howie go, but I think if Howie stays it won’t matter. It doesn’t matter, cause when the coach is looking for C.J. Mosley, but the GM is giving him Marcus Smith it won’t matter. When the coach wants Jefferson, but the GM gives him Reagor it won’t matter. When the coach wants Metcalf, but the GM gives him JJAW it won’t matter. As long as Howie stays the Eagles will have the same issues. 

I guess I don't understand what the end game is for some of you is. 

On a scale of 1 to 100, I have said for two years Howie is a 100 terrible. I agree. He must go. I make this point and then when these conversations happen, you guys completely agree and it's like something you either can't move past or just repeat (sorry, not just you).

If he is not fired, are you just going to stop watching? Sorry, I'm just reading these threads and it's so ridiculously negative that I'm laughing. People are even making up stats from last night. I mean literally, they are changing factual statistics. Just because they're f'ing miserable and want to whine. 

This new board feels like Rant and Rave a lot. 

I thought the whole reason we got Jordan Howard back was so he can take some load off Sanders.

Nothing this team does makes any sense anymore.

33 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Obviously Jordan Howard must be washed ala Jay Ajayi.  Brought the guy back but still not letting him carry the load.

We need a bruising complement to Sanders.  Miles is too fragile to handle the job by himself.

Isn't it great to see them finally get into the red zone situation and they put Boston Scott out there on a 1st and goal?

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Isn't it great to see them finally get into the red zone situation and they put Boston Scott out there on a 1st and goal?

Par for the course for this season.  Roster is devoid of talent.  Need a hard rebuild for 2 seasons to be a contender again.

1 hour ago, Arsenal79 said:

Yeah it's pretty obvious Doug limits Sanders' carries because he knows he'll get hurt sooner or later.  That means we need another guy.  Boston Scott and the JAGs on the taxi squad don't cut it.

Yes they should use Howard more but, let's not pretend we are the only team that didn't bother with him anymore. The dude limits the plays you can run when he is out there. He is either going up the gut or he is staying in to pass protect he offers nothing else. He makes the offense more predictable then it already is. 

8 hours ago, EagleVA said:

We had big backs that kept the chains moving which took all the pressure off of Wentz.

Last week I was viewing one game and one of the announcers said you have to be able to run the ball when you need to run the ball, you need big power runners to accomplish that feat.

The thing about those guys it seems as though they get stronger as the game goes on, trust me, they're not changing anything about how they run it's just that they've beat up the defense to the point where they don't want anything to do with tackling them again.  

Oline play had a lot to do with it as well.

13 hours ago, Outlaw said:

People keep saying this.  I mean, sure, he's not Peyton or Mahomes but I see a guy with very nice touch on the deep ball.  That PI call he helped Alshon draw was a laser.

LOL. He has very limited arm talent.  He did at Alabama.  He did at OU. And he does now.  His game is running and causing broken plays.  

8 hours ago, downundermike said:

He has led the Eagles to points on 2 of 18 second half possessions since he became the starter.  

Just proves more and more that Doug can’t adjust to the opposing defenses. 

19 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

LOL. He has very limited arm talent.  He did at Alabama.  He did at OU. And he does now.  His game is running and causing broken plays.  

When people use the term arm talent, they sound like a tool. And yes, that includes TV talking heads. 

237/340 69.7% comp rate

3851 yards

32 TDs to 8 INTs

233 runs for 1298 yds and 20 more TDs

Yep. Hot garbage. 

9 hours ago, opa-opa said:

I thought the whole reason we got Jordan Howard back was so he can take some load off Sanders.

what more load do they need to take off of Sanders... they already apparently have him on a pitch count. not surprised they hate running the ball

9 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes they should use Howard more but, let's not pretend we are the only team that didn't bother with him anymore. The dude limits the plays you can run when he is out there. He is either going up the gut or he is staying in to pass protect he offers nothing else. He makes the offense more predictable then it already is. 

When the Eagles call a run its always a surprise to me lol. Especially if it's on first down. Its like oh crap they finally ran the ball

6 hours ago, judunno said:

When the Eagles call a run its always a surprise to me lol. Especially if it's on first down. Its like oh crap they finally ran the ball

This is true.  We run some in the first half and then don’t come back to it.  Definitely one reason Doug needs to go.

43 minutes ago, Miami said:

This is true.  We run some in the first half and then don’t come back to it.  Definitely one reason Doug needs to go.

He ran a ton on the first series of the game. Maybe he was trying to see just how good of a passer Hurts is. 

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

When people use the term arm talent, they sound like a tool. And yes, that includes TV talking heads. 

Also a phrase I have never heard used in a conversation with anyone looking at a QB. I don't know these NFL guys, but people like Will Hewlett, Todd Krueger and even Vernard Abrams locally. All specialize in quarterbacks. Have never heard the phrase "arm talent" come out of their mouths once. 🤣

Getting back on topic, how about giving Hurts and Wentz each half a game this week?
If anything, we'd at least see how they perform under added pressure.
And it'd make this meaningless game a lot more interesting.

As for the coaches, they should make a serious effort to get OC Steve Sarkissian before someone else grabs him.

19 hours ago, downundermike said:

He's a low 50's passer who puts the ball on the ground running around playing 'hero ball".  Sound familiar?  He may not be a worse, but he is not a better option.

I don't blame Wentz if he wants out.  This organization failed him.  

5 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

He's a low 50's passer who puts the ball on the ground running around playing 'hero ball".  He may not be a worse, but he is not a better option.

I don't blame Wentz if he wants out.  This organization failed him.  

Carson Wentz had 9 fumbles on 489 touches.  Jalen Hurst has nine fumbles on 177 touches.

11 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Just proves more and more that Doug can’t adjust to the opposing defenses. 

237/340 69.7% comp rate

3851 yards

32 TDs to 8 INTs

233 runs for 1298 yds and 20 more TDs

Yep. Hot garbage. 

Chump stats rolled up playing on the best teams in the country with the best talent.  Without the supporting cast and a favorable Big 12 (lack of) defense schedule, he doesn't pull that off. His skills don't translate to the NFL, but, as Eagles fans, we always have to learn the hard way.  Enjoy the process.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Carson Wentz had 9 fumbles on 489 touches.  Jalen Hurst has nine fumbles on 177 touches.

Truth not appreciated here...

20 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Bringing Howard in shows the incompetence in the FO, the guy is 1yd and a pile of dust on 90% of is carries, what purpose does that serve?

I DO NOT want Hurts to get hurt. My take was it is a meaningless game to the Eagles, and WFT is going to be playing full force, and might be willing to take out the Eagles best player for them to have a chance at the playoffs. I would not be playing my starters. The Eagles, of course, will. If Hurts gets hurt.... I don't even want to hear it. Don't play the starters. I know the Eagles are going to, so screw Lurie, Howie and Doug- the Three Stooges. 

So the guy with "Limited" Arm strength threw the 3rd Longest TD Pass of the Season (In the entire NFL) and the longest TD pass of the Eagles Season in his 3rd start (Derrek Car to Nelly and Big Ben to Claypool were longer) Mind you he's a rookie and Big Ben and Derrek Carr are not.   Jalen's arm is just fine people are nitpicking now.    He's a rookie that's still learning.  He didn't get to start at the beginning of a season.  He was thrown into the fire late season.   Everything I've seen thus far shows a lot of potential for his future.   

7 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

So the guy with "Limited" Arm strength threw the 3rd Longest TD Pass of the Season (In the entire NFL) and the longest TD pass of the Eagles Season in his 3rd start (Derrek Car to Nelly and Big Ben to Claypool were longer) Mind you he's a rookie and Big Ben and Derrek Carr are not.   Jalen's arm is just fine people are nitpicking now.    He's a rookie that's still learning.  He didn't get to start at the beginning of a season.  He was thrown into the fire late season.   Everything I've seen thus far shows a lot of potential for his future.   

Agreed. He needs to move through his reads better and I think he needs to read defenses better but that'll all come with time (hopefully). He had his fair share of struggles on Sunday but he still showed promise during a difficult game and that's encouraging. 

Archived