Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

25 minutes ago, nipples said:

No, they really aren’t nearly the same. Hurts passer rating is way better than Wentz (85.7 vs 72.8). 

Hurts 6 TD to 3 INT is obviously a far better ratio than Wentz 16TD to 15 INT. 

And that isn’t even to bring up rushing stats, where it isn’t even close.

Yes the line has been an issue all year. But Wentz himself was a major issue for 12 games. 

Wentz has 9 fumbles in 489 combined passes and runs.  Hurts has 9 fumbles in 183 combined passes and runs.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Wentz has 9 fumbles in 489 combined passes and runs.  Hurts has 9 fumbles in 183 combined passes and runs.

Wentz also has a higher completion percentage at 57% to Hurts at 56%, but nearly identical.

58 minutes ago, nipples said:

No, they really aren’t nearly the same. Hurts passer rating is way better than Wentz (85.7 vs 72.8). 

Hurts 6 TD to 3 INT is obviously a far better ratio than Wentz 16TD to 15 INT. 

And that isn’t even to bring up rushing stats, where it isn’t even close.

Yes the line has been an issue all year. But Wentz himself was a major issue for 12 games. 

I don't personally think a PR of 85.7 is "way better" than 72.8.  Both numbers are horrible.

I'll be anxious to check Hurts' numbers after tonight's game, when he faces a much better defense than Dallas showed and they have more tape on him and his tendencies.  I expect his TD/INT ratio to move more in the direction of Wentz's numbers as well as his passer rating.

It's really an impossible decision moving into next year with these two.  You almost have to just throw this whole year in the trash due to all the problems on the line.  It makes honest evaluation unrealistic.  That goes for the receivers too.

Good test for Hurts tonight. Will be interesting to see how he handles Washington’s defense, hopefully the o line gives him decent protection some of the game at least.

10 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Good test for Hurts tonight. Will be interesting to see how he handles Washington’s defense, hopefully the o line gives him decent protection some of the game at least.

Hmm not sure it's a good test for him. Feels like a rather unfair test really. Without some key weapons, more injuries along the OL and a meaningless game for the team. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hmm not sure it's a good test for him. Feels like a rather unfair test really. Without some key weapons, more injuries along the OL and a meaningless game for the team. 

True points. Still interested to see how he performs. Hopefully the o line holds up enough so that it’s not just him running for his life the whole game. 

Just now, BirdsFanBill said:

True points. Still interested to see how he performs. Hopefully the o line holds up enough so that it’s not just him running for his life the whole game. 

I'm interested from a slightly different angle I guess. I'm interested because I want to see how he handles himself under duress and how he picks himself up after so many hits. I think he could get sacked 6-8 times tonight. 

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Hurts has looked better than the #1 pick to me so far. Going to be interesting against that front.

8 hours ago, Dweedlebug said:

Aren't Hurts and Wentz stat numbers nearly the same?

At what point do you have to accept that it doesn't really matter who is at QB when the oline is this big of a disaster?

If that is the case, it's an indictment of Wentz and his huge contract, rather than a rookie with 3 games experience.  

Will Wentz get better next year?   Can't answer that one way or the other.   Which is a sobering thought, with all the money tied to him.  

6 hours ago, downundermike said:

Wentz has 52 rush attempts this year. Hurts has 55 rush attempts.

Numbers can say whatever you want them to say....

A win against the Washington NFL football team could land the Eagles at 9 in the draft. At the beginning of the day they were five, and are now six. Most certainly, a win will get them to seven or 8 and serve no purpose. I want a top five draft pick. On the other side at three and four the Falcons will be picking third, and the Texans are losing at the moment to the TItans and if that holds they will pick four. The Bengals already lost and are in the five spot at the moment. 

The Eagles will pick no worse that 6 if they lose. 

Assuming that the scouts do not pick a workout warrior five should be much better than 8 or 9

There were three teams at 5-10 at the beginning of the day. The Lions are now 5 11. The Panthers are losing to the Saints with ten minutes to go in the third qtr. The Broncos are losing to the Raiders at halftime. a WIN by the EAGLES is scheduled to put them drafting in Ninth position all the way from FIVE at the beginning of the day. 

That is too much to pay for a moral victory. 

There are lots of injuries and Washington is playing well, so they may not be able to win. I would play key replacement players as well. 

2 hours ago, judunno said:

Hurts has looked better than the #1 pick to me so far. Going to be interesting against that front.

With Toth or Pryor at LT, Chase is going to be looking like Osi vs. Winston Justice. It is going to be ugly. We have no chance of winning and I'm fine with it. Just don't get Hurts killed.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm interested from a slightly different angle I guess. I'm interested because I want to see how he handles himself under duress and how he picks himself up after so many hits. I think he could get sacked 6-8 times in the first quarter

FYP.  It's going to be bad. Pryor can't play LT and Toth most likely won't be ready to play it.

7 hours ago, downundermike said:

I don’t think anyone can deny Hurts has a fumbling problem and it’s a very real issue. It’s too early for anyone to say Hurts is a franchise guy or a bust in my opinion, but there’s things this kid needs to improve on if he’s going to become a franchise guy. 

48 minutes ago, joboggi said:

A win against the Washington NFL football team could land the Eagles at 9 in the draft. At the beginning of the day they were five, and are now six. Most certainly, a win will get them to seven or 8 and serve no purpose. I want a top five draft pick. On the other side at three and four the Falcons will be picking third, and the Texans are losing at the moment to the TItans and if that holds they will pick four. The Bengals already lost and are in the five spot at the moment. 

The Eagles will pick no worse that 6 if they lose. 

Assuming that the scouts do not pick a workout warrior five should be much better than 8 or 9

There were three teams at 5-10 at the beginning of the day. The Lions are now 5 11. The Panthers are losing to the Saints with ten minutes to go in the third qtr. The Broncos are losing to the Raiders at halftime. a WIN by the EAGLES is scheduled to put them drafting in Ninth position all the way from FIVE at the beginning of the day. 

That is too much to pay for a moral victory. 

There are lots of injuries and Washington is playing well, so they may not be able to win. I would play key replacement players as well. 

Whats the highest pick for us with a loss? 

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Whats the highest pick for us with a loss? 

5 I believe.

4 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Highly doubt he gets good protection from his two tackles tonight. He’s gonna be running for his life. 

6 hours ago, Cappeeler said:

Hopeful that Hurts only plays one series.

Nah, Hurts is our guy next year and he needs all the reps. He's gotta go in next season with this last game under his belt and something to build on. It may not be meaningful for the Eagles but it is for DC and they're going all in. Curious to see how Hurts handle it and as a fan I want to see as much as I can from him took forward to next year

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Highly doubt he gets good protection from his two tackles tonight. He’s gonna be running for his life. 

It is what it is. Been that way all season. I want to see how he handles the pressure 

10 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

It is what it is. Been that way all season. I want to see how he handles the pressure 

It’s going to teach him how to run for his life. That’s about it. Frankly I don’t want to see him get hurt in a game that means more to the Eagles if they lose than win. Get him out early and put in Dudfeld. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think anyone can deny Hurts has a fumbling problem and it’s a very real issue. It’s too early for anyone to say Hurts is a franchise guy or a bust in my opinion, but there’s things this kid needs to improve on if he’s going to become a franchise guy. 

As hard as this kid works i think it's correctable

3 minutes ago, judunno said:

As hard as this kid works i think it's correctable

I think so too. He’s not afraid to work, and he’s not afraid to accept blame either. I think they have a kid under the right tutelage could become special. 

43 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s going to teach him how to run for his life. That’s about it. Frankly I don’t want to see him get hurt in a game that means more to the Eagles if they lose than win. Get him out early and put in Dudfeld. 

Screw that! He's got 6 months to recover. No need to bubble wrap a rookie who's expected to be the face for at least the next 3 or 4 years. Let him take his bumps and bruises in this last game. He needs ss much in-game experience as possible if we are to trust him to take over the resigns. 

Archived