Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. He needs to move through his reads better and I think he needs to read defenses better but that'll all come with time (hopefully). He had his fair share of struggles on Sunday but he still showed promise during a difficult game and that's encouraging. 

Jalen had both Alshon and Djax looking good again over these last 3 weeks.  That TD had me out my seat.  I knew Djax was still capable and can still contribute.   Yes that wasn't a great 2nd half in Dallas.   It's hard being a rookie QB on two back to back road games with playoff implications and your just starting for the first time.    But the flashes I've seen shows me the Kid does have a future but needs improvement in some areas.   Jalen made some rushed decisions at Dallas but low key Doug got away from the run and the Defense didn't help as well (Though I give them a pass, they bailed us out all year).   Don't get me started on the Refs either.   

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Jalen had both Alshon and Djax looking good again over these last 3 weeks.  That TD had me out my seat.  I knew Djax was still capable and can still contribute.   Yes that wasn't a great 2nd half in Dallas.   It's hard being a rookie QB on two back to back road games with playoff implications and your just starting for the first time.    But the flashes I've seen shows me the Kid does have a future but needs improvement in some areas.   Jalen made some rushed decisions at Dallas but low key Doug got away from the run and the Defense didn't help as well (Though I give them a pass, they bailed us out all year).   Don't get me started on the Refs either.   

Desean had 1 catch for a TD. Alshon came up against Peterson who's been giving away DPI a lot for year. Let's not get too carried away by those guys. Plus neither will be back next year as the cap savings for them are too great. But yes I agree Jalen has shown real promise and I'm excited by his future. 

20 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

He's a low 50's passer who puts the ball on the ground running around playing 'hero ball".  Sound familiar?  He may not be a worse, but he is not a better option.

I don't blame Wentz if he wants out.  This organization failed him.  

I thought we wanted our QBs throwing the ball away instead of taking sacks. Has that thought changed now that we have a QB that actually throws the ball away?

5 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

Completely agree here. He needs work, obviously. Rookie, 3rd nfl start with a below average nfl squad. No chemistry. Hes playing better than i ever expected he would. Alshon actually looks to be somewhat a threat. Meanwhile with Carson, dude was ghost mode.

Going through his (Hurts) reads more efficiently, of course that's no easy feat with the Oline being the way it is i believe is the major thing that needs improvement & ofc ball security.

2 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Completely agree here. He needs work, obviously. Rookie, 3rd nfl start with a below average nfl squad. No chemistry. Hes playing better than i ever expected he would. Alshon actually looks to be somewhat a threat. Meanwhile with Carson, dude was ghost mode.

Going through his (Hurts) reads more efficiently, of course that's no easy feat with the Oline being the way it is i believe is the major thing that needs improvement & ofc ball security.

I feel the same way.  So far, he's exceeded my expectations.

3 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Yup, needs a training camp and some coaching as is expected.

Not to be a party pooper here but I think people are reading way too much into that one win over NO.

The defense won that game for us. 95 out of 100 times we're not gonna win that game by scoring only 21 points.

Since Jalen has taken over our offense has scored 21, 26, and 17 points. It's not really a huge improvement over what Wentz was doing with this team. And he did it against much tougher teams like GB/SEA/PIT/BAL. 

58 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Not to be a party pooper here but I think people are reading way too much into that one win over NO.

The defense won that game for us. 95 out of 100 times we're not gonna win that game by scoring only 21 points.

Since Jalen has taken over our offense has scored 21, 26, and 17 points. It's not really a huge improvement over what Wentz was doing with this team. And he did it against much tougher teams like GB/SEA/PIT/BAL. 

Not to nitpick, but we won the Saints game 24-21. 

On 12/30/2020 at 4:19 PM, opa-opa said:

No man, it has been a huge improvement. Went from a completely dysfunctional offense to one that you can at least watch without fear of vomiting. Wentz was that bad. Not saying its good now, not saying Hurts is necessarily the answer, but I’ve been watching Birds QBs since freaking Norm Snead and never saw anything like what Wentz was laying down. Really does make me wonder if Wentz has been damaged because that was unreal.

On 12/30/2020 at 9:19 PM, opa-opa said:

You've got to go with the eye test though. And Jalen has been much more impressive than Carson. 

For the first 12 games all we heard was that the WRs weren't good enough, that the offense was broken, that the OL was really bad and that Doug was calling terrible games. All of that may be true but that's also true of when Hurts took over as starter and this offense has been much more impressive. 

On 12/30/2020 at 4:19 PM, opa-opa said:

There is nothing wrong with being the party pooper.  Some fans and media are just hell bent to see Carson gone.  The eye test for me sees what the stats say...low 50s passer, takes plenty of sacks, puts ball on the ground ALOT, throws the ball away or runs because he can't read defenses well.  Basically, this is the same Jalen Hurts that we saw in college where he had exceptional coaching and supporting casts, but he has none of that here.  I think he's a good weapon for this offense, but I'd never trust a whole season to him and feel good about it.

Poor guy is going to get his head knocked off. Hope he doesn't get killed back there this weekend with all the backups up front.

2 hours ago, judunno said:

Poor guy is going to get his head knocked off. Hope he doesn't get killed back there this weekend with all the backups up front.

Yeah I mean that's definitely a concern. He's going to take a beating for sure but I guess that is a lesson for him and we can see how tough and gutsy he is. Far from ideal though. 

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I mean that's definitely a concern. He's going to take a beating for sure but I guess that is a lesson for him and we can see how tough and gutsy he is. Far from ideal though. 

That Washington DL is legit. Gonna be interesting

1 hour ago, judunno said:

That Washington DL is legit. Gonna be interesting

Oh 100% and if Hurts is the starter next year (and beyond) he's going to have to get used to facing that DL twice a year for the next few years. 

On 12/30/2020 at 5:20 AM, KINGnabb said:

Yes that wasn't a great 2nd half in Dallas.   It's hard being a rookie QB on two back to back road games with playoff implications and your just starting for the first time.    But the flashes I've seen shows me the Kid does have a future but needs improvement in some areas.   Jalen made some rushed decisions at Dallas but low key Doug got away from the run and the Defense didn't help as well (Though I give them a pass, they bailed us out all year).   Don't get me started on the Refs either.   

Here's what stood out to me in the Dallas game, Hurts was under pressure and took a good hit or two.

It's been my observation, especially with QBs and WRs, you never know what you have until they experience NFL hits. 

There were two Wentz like passes and as you mentioned "rushed decisions" from Hurts that came after he took the mentioned hits.

Let's keep an eye on how easily rattled he gets after getting popped, the last thing we need is another Tony Romo or Jared Goff.

Milata, Goedert, Cox, Barnett, and Sanders are all out.

It's going to be a long night. 

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

Gym Shortz isn’t looking to return next year!!!!!!! 

Wonder if Pederson wants out

I really think that Hurts is the best chance the Eagles win this game and that’s all the more reason he shouldn’t play in it. 

3 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Milata, Goedert, Cox, Barnett, and Sanders are all out.

It's going to be a long night. 

Yep. As it should be.

ALL good players should sit for this game. Play all 2nd and 3rd stringers. Promote the PS guys too. Heck, start Sudfeld. He wants to leave in FA, let him get some time on tape. 

DO NOT WIN THIS GAME. 

4 hours ago, judunno said:

Wonder if Pederson wants out

Heard they announced he’s coming back. I’ll go now check Tate and see if it was posted. 

Aren't Hurts and Wentz stat numbers nearly the same?

At what point do you have to accept that it doesn't really matter who is at QB when the oline is this big of a disaster?

1 hour ago, Dweedlebug said:

Aren't Hurts and Wentz stat numbers nearly the same?

At what point do you have to accept that it doesn't really matter who is at QB when the oline is this big of a disaster?

No, they really aren’t nearly the same. Hurts passer rating is way better than Wentz (85.7 vs 72.8). 

Hurts 6 TD to 3 INT is obviously a far better ratio than Wentz 16TD to 15 INT. 

And that isn’t even to bring up rushing stats, where it isn’t even close.

Yes the line has been an issue all year. But Wentz himself was a major issue for 12 games. 

Archived