Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

I can't remember the last time we had a starting QB that everybody liked. 

There’s no one that has ever or will ever live that everyone will like.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We also had about a 40-40-20 split on people who had a strong opinion that the Eagles kept the 2nd best QB on the roster because of sunk cost fallacy (SB MVP Foles vs Wentz)

When you look at the Eagles record books its not even close who the better QB was overall. That's before the playoffs.

QB rating is based on 4 stats. Completion % TD % INT % and yards per pass. Foles is better than Wentz as an Eagle in all 4 categories. (93.2 vs 89.2 rating)

Wentz was the undisputed and unquestioned QB of the long term future from his draft day until the 2017 NFCCG. He never was again, despite his pay raise.

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Correct if I’m wrong, but wasn’t McNabbs ankle and Randall’s knee injuries both in the pocket? 

Randall's 2nd injury was stepping up in the pocket from max pressure. Some people like to pretend it was a QB draw or run play.

7 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

There isn’t one single poster on this board that will say Wentz is playing better than Hurts

But how many will say Hurts is playing better than Wentz? How many will say the Eagles we’re right to ditch Wentz for Hurts? How many will say Hurts is the better player?

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Randall's 2nd injury was stepping up in the pocket from max pressure. Some people like to pretend it was a QB draw or run play.

Are you referring to the 91 injury, because Randall was throwing from the pocket on that play and Bryce Paup late hit his knee. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

But how many will say Hurts is playing better than Wentz? How many will say the Eagles we’re right to ditch Wentz for Hurts? How many will say Hurts is the better player?

When Hurts gets the TDS without the Ints and completion percentage. He is on his way to being better definitely and has definitely played better this season. 27/7 was Wentz last year on a team that obviously wasn't as good as people thought

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

No you’re just so homophobic you can’t even have an adult conversation about it

There is no adult conversation to have about it.  This is a football discussion board and that has nothing at all to do with football.  It was a thread made by one of the most ignorant Hurts haters on the board and filled with Clown Crew people like you who think you're sly and subtle but you're the furthest from that.  That thread was entirely in bad taste.  You're just a very low class character person who as we have found out really doesn't understand a lot about football.  

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Are you referring to the 91 injury, because Randall was throwing from the pocket on that play and Bryce Paup late hit his knee. 

Vs the Jets in 1993 he was stepping up from about 4 guys closing in on him in the pocket.

• Was he going to throw (he did)?
  • Was he going to change the sack from 7 yards to 1 yard?
  • Was he going to run?

The play call was a drop back pass and he had to escape that pocket. He had no choice but to step up.

Yes, the Paup hit was in the pocket.

2 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

When Hurts gets the TDS without the Ints and completion percentage. He is on his way to being better definitely and has definitely played better this season. 27/7 was Wentz last year on a team that obviously wasn't as good as people thought

Jalen’s numbers will never simply be about passing yards or passing tds. There’s more to his game than just his passing numbers. As such he can’t be rated simply on this things. He has improved his completion percentage every year so far. Fumbles are also part of turnovers. As well. In fact I’d argue that fumbles can be worse than interceptions, because more often than not a fumble loss especially by the quarterback could give the opponents much better field position than an interception. Overall Jalen has done a great jog of limiting all his turnovers this season. Last year his fumble rate wasn’t much different than Wentz. Both guys fumbled way too much. Now so far at least he’s not fumbling as often, but he’s also getting rid of the football much fast then he has in the past. He’s a better football player right now than he’s ever been. The Eagles we’re right to take him (by the way I was against this pick) and he’s better right now than the previous guy is. 

6 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Vs the Jets in 1993 he was stepping up from about 4 guys closing in on him in the pocket.

• Was he going to throw (he did)?
  • Was he going to change the sack from 7 yards to 1 yard?
  • Was he going to run?

The play call was a drop back pass and he had to escape that pocket. He had no choice but to step up.

Yes, the Paup hit was in the pocket.

Okay I remember that now. That’s the Eric Allen interception TD game.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’re wrong.  

Yes I was wrong! I can admit I was wrong. Can you losers? 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Jalen’s numbers will never simply be about passing yards or passing tds. There’s more to his game than just his passing numbers. As such he can’t be rated simply on this things. He has improved his completion percentage every year so far. Fumbles are also part of turnovers. As well. In fact I’d argue that fumbles can be worse than interceptions, because more often than not a fumble loss especially by the quarterback could give the opponents much better field position than an interception. Overall Jalen has done a great jog of limiting all his turnovers this season. Last year his fumble rate wasn’t much different than Wentz. Both guys fumbled way too much. Now so far at least he’s not fumbling as often, but he’s also getting rid of the football much fast then he has in the past. He’s a better football player right now than he’s ever been. The Eagles we’re right to take him (by the way I was against this pick) and he’s better right now than the previous guy is. 

Are you saying hurts is better now that 2017 Wentz or Hurts is better than Hurts has ever been to this point

Just now, Shalodeep said:

Are you saying hurts is better now that 2017 Wentz or Hurts is better than Hurts has ever been to this point

Right now absolutely. Frankly 2017 Wentz is probably the greatest quarterback season one has ever had for the Eagles. Of course that 27/2 by Foles was pretty darn nice too though. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

😂 Hurts is playing good.  I hope he keeps it up.  Said it a few weeks ago.  

So you were WRONG?

It's funny that I singled no one out, yet you're all responding as if I called you out by name.

26 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

People didn’t criticize Wentz?

Some did, but not the vast majority. The proportions were totally flipped with Hurts.

I was literally on the verge of doing backflips over how the fanbase that I grew up with and would chew their own son out if they were QB for the Eagles, again and again could not seem to detach themselves from the Wentz love. I thought I was taking crazy pills; it was like a whole forum of stepford wives!

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Right now absolutely. Frankly 2017 Wentz is probably the greatest quarterback season one has ever had for the Eagles. Of course that 27/2 by Foles was pretty darn nice too though. 

I would the. Agree. Hurts is a better quarterback than Wentz at this point 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Put down the lube, I’ll have give it more than a few weeks.  

So you can’t admit you were wrong. Not surprised. You beanggers spent a lot of time protecting professing your love for the great one. Real hard to support his replacement now. 😂🤣😂 Carry on. Let me know when you grow the stones and be man enough to admit you were wrong. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

So you can’t admit you were wrong. Not surprised. You beanggers spent a lot of time protecting professing your love for the great one. Real hard to support his replacement now. 😂🤣😂 Carry on. Let me know when you grow the stones and be man enough to admit you were wrong. 

4for4 is a good dude, but if there's one thing that's more painful than anything for that guy to do, it's admit he was wrong. We're working on it :lol:

4 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I would the. Agree. Hurts is a better quarterback than Wentz at this point 

I for one thought we were going to see a new era of Eagles football championed by Wentz and his big arm and perfect wonderlic scores. The injuries and his own hubris robbed us of that, but we still got a Super Bowl out it. 

3 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

4for4 is a good dude, but if there's one thing that's more painful than anything for that guy to do, it's admit he was wrong. We're working on it :lol:

Hey I’m here to help the process. Like I wrote before. I don’t hate beanbaggers. I pity them. 😂🤣😂

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Dude. You’re aligning yourself with one of the biggest pieces of ish in here.  Just so you know.  And I already said a few pages back that I’ll start a thread admitting I was wrong when the season is over, if it’s warranted.  I don’t need any affirmation of my character from anyone on a message board.  Especially that piece of garbage.  

Hey, I don't know any of the history between the two of you, and the commentary in here only relates to the QB situation for me.  I drift in and out of TATE, so I'm not totally up on everything. Anyway, I know that you do eventually come around. I was just trying to lighten the mood.

So, how 'bout 'dem FLYERS?!?!

12 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Is there a NFL Films video of this game out there somewhere?  I guess that's from Inside the NFL?  I haven't watched it at all since it left HBO.  

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I for one thought we were going to see a new era of Eagles football championed by Wentz and his big arm and perfect wonderlic scores. The injuries and his own hubris robbed us of that, but we still got a Super Bowl out it. 

He never learned to throw it away and live another down. It sucks because he could still be great....but as long as he wears that uniform, I hope he doesn't learn crap

Archived