Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

He never learned to throw it away and live another down. It sucks because he could still be great....but as long as he wears that uniform, I hope he doesn't learn crap

Unfortunately for him if he doesn’t learn now then I don’t know what team takes him. Three teams in three seasons is kind of a death sentence for most quarterbacks. 

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Dude. You’re aligning yourself with one of the biggest pieces of ish in here.  Just so you know.  And I already said a few pages back that I’ll start a thread admitting I was wrong when the season is over, if it’s warranted.  So don’t be so presumptuous.   I don’t need any affirmation of my character from anyone on a message board.  Especially that piece of garbage.  

Aww did I hurt your feelings? 😂🤣😂

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I for one thought we were going to see a new era of Eagles football championed by Wentz and his big arm and perfect wonderlic scores. The injuries and his own hubris robbed us of that, but we still got a Super Bowl out it. 

Kurt Warner did a detailed video about Wentz a couple years ago in which he said his 2017 season was not as good as it appeared to be. He said Wentz was more lucky than good. He cited the unsustainable 3rd down % and low completion % as reasons.

I didn't want to believe it then, but more and more 2017 Wentz seems like nothing more than lighning in a bottle

57 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

There is no adult conversation to have about it.  This is a football discussion board and that has nothing at all to do with football.  It was a thread made by one of the most ignorant Hurts haters on the board and filled with Clown Crew people like you who think you're sly and subtle but you're the furthest from that.  That thread was entirely in bad taste.  You're just a very low class character person who as we have found out really doesn't understand a lot about football.  

This is a football message board, and Hurts is a football player on this team. It was an interesting discussion for those of us who are mature enough to handle it. You obviously are not.

13 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Kurt Warner did a detailed video about Wentz a couple years ago in which he said his 2017 season was not as good as it appeared to be. He said Wentz was more lucky than good. He cited the unsustainable 3rd down % and low completion % as reasons.

I didn't want to believe it then, but more and more 2017 Wentz seems like nothing more than lighning in a bottle

Oh it absolutely was lightning in a bottle considering he never came close to the 3rd down and red zone production rates he put up that year. Clearly Wentz is not as good as 2017, but he’s not as bad as 2020 either. The problem is he’s too stuck on himself to realize that he needs to evolve as a player. He’s trying to be the guy who just relies on his arm and it shows. He never worked on his footwork or he would revert back to old habits that and that’s why so many of his passes are inaccurate. His need to always try and make the big play leads to unnecessary sacks. I’ve never seen a guy with such little pocket awareness. One thing for sure is the Eagles did not ruin Wentz nor did they do him wrong in any way. Wentz has only himself to blame for his current career trajectory. 

God why is it so hard to just enjoy the ride … to just appreciate what Hurts is showing (so far) as our QB?!?  Has he improved relative to last year?  Yup.  Does he still have things to work on to become even better?  Yup.  Many of you are so focused on having been right with your initial assessment of him that you can’t appreciate what he is showing … right now.  Can only hope he continues on the upward trajectory he has been on.  

14 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

This is a football message board, and Hurts is a football player on this team. It was an interesting discussion for those of us who are mature enough to handle it. You obviously are not.

A grown man's sexuality is an interesting discussion for you?  Regardless of the fact that a quick google search can reveal to you that he has a long time girlfriend he has had since college.  

It has no relevancy to football.  The thread was made entirely in bad faith by one of the most ignorant Hurts hating users here and populated the same cast of characters who have spent all of the past two years hating on Jalen Hurts at every possible opportunity 

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

A grown man's sexuality is an interesting discussion for you?  Regardless of the fact that a quick google search can reveal to you that he has a long time girlfriend he has had since college.  

It has no relevancy to football.  The thread was made entirely in bad faith by one of the most ignorant Hurts hating users here and populated the same cast of characters who have spent all of the past two years hating on Jalen Hurts at every possible opportunity 

Yes, it is.

Its hilarious how upset you are over it. Methinks thou dost protest too much 

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Yes, it is.

Its hilarious how upset you are over it. Methinks thou dost protest too much 

It's completely transparent as to what the reason for that thread was and it was elementary level immaturity mud slinging at Hurts.  Congrats, you're one of the trashiest people that post on this forum.  

55 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I just turned it on and saw a half empty house.  Preseason is hard to watch.  Did they name captains yet?

You are way more committed that I am, though that sounds about right! I just had a late dinner, but I'll definitely be tuning in on Oct. 13. It's gonna be brutal, lol.

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's completely transparent as to what the reason for that thread was and it was elementary level immaturity mud slinging at Hurts.  Congrats, you're one of the trashiest people that post on this forum.  

Transparent for trying to have an adult conversation about sexuality? The horror!

Y’know, a great band wrote a song called "Homophobes are just mad cause they can’t get laid” I think you should give it a listen

4 hours ago, Mortimer said:

When you're madly in love with one QB, you overlook all his failings and only see the idealized version created in your head.  His replacement might be a diamond in the rough, but all you can think about is your one true love.

Exactly.  The usual suspects are STILL down there ball-washing their beloved savior by attacking the guy who replaced and made him irrelevant.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

God why is it so hard to just enjoy the ride … to just appreciate what Hurts is showing (so far) as our QB?!?  Has he improved relative to last year?  Yup.  Does he still have things to work on to become even better?  Yup.  Many of you are so focused on having been right with your initial assessment of him that you can’t appreciate what he is showing … right now.  Can only hope he continues on the upward trajectory he has been on.  

It's exciting to think we might have a franchise QB.  A few weeks ago I thought our odds of having one within 3 years was very low

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Alright, I'm done rubbing it in.

For now...:D

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Agreed, I'm thrilled right now. They have showed lots of flashes of greatness and some not so great things but they are still winning with those issues. It's a great problem to have. 

8 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

An MVP start ... If there was a vote today, who do you think gets it....maybe he gets 1 or 2.... But pretty sure it's unanimous to Jackson with Allen being second. You guys crown pretty hard for September and versus people who pick early often.... I gave the kid credit..hell even said he may end up being talked about top 8 QB end of the season, but you guys are really really going overboard at this moment 

8 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I think right now, he would only trail Jackson. Out of the 3, Hurts is the only one still undefeated. It's an interesting question, but Hurts is certainly getting the attention. When it comes time to vote, they will have a much larger sample to go off of. 

@EaglesRocker97 this is what you call gaslighting. My comment was spot on. Hurts has had an MVP level start. Quite simply if he keeps playing like this and putting up numbers like this, he will likely be in the MVP discussion. I did not claim he would win it or even was in the lead now.

Mike and the others have made some of the following claims over and over in the past year:

"Hurts sucks

Hurts can’t pass or read

Hurts isn’t good enough to have a breakout.

Josh Allen year 3 comparison is laughable! Allen can throw harder.”

And now rather than acknowledge he was wrong he has a dig about the number of TD passes Hurts has thrown this year!

Shalodeep - I appreciate you have backed down on your Hurts stance, but don’t try and put words in my mouth.

Right now Hurts has more total yards than the Cowboys, Giants and Commanders. So not only are the Eagles leading the division in terms of yards gained, but Hurts by himself is in second place. His 7 total tds is also more than the team totals for the cowboys and giants. So not a bad way to start the season. 

Jalen Hurts named NFC offensive player of the month

Posted by Myles Simmons on September 29, 2022, 8:36 AM EDT

The Eagles are one of two 3-0 teams remaining and quarterback Jalen Hurts is a big reason why.

Now the quarterback has been named NFC offensive player of the month for his performances in the first three weeks of the season.

Hurts has accounted for seven total touchdowns — four passing and three rushing. He’s completed 67.3 percent of his passes for 916 yards, only throwing one interception. He’s averaging nearly 100 more yards per game than he did last season while leading the league at 9.3 yards per attempt and 13.9 yards per completion.

Hurts has also rushed for 167 yards.

If Hurts can continue playing at this high of a level, the Eagles should be making some noise in January.

The last Eagles QB to win offensive player of the month was Carson Wentz in Oct. 2017.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/29/jalen-hurts-named-nfc-offensive-player-of-the-month/

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

Nobody else in the NFC deserves it, really.

I legit was trying to think of any other possible candidates and came up blank. Good for young man. 

5 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

@EaglesRocker97 this is what you call gaslighting. My comment was spot on. Hurts has had an MVP level start. Quite simply if he keeps playing like this and putting up numbers like this, he will likely be in the MVP discussion. I did not claim he would win it or even was in the lead now.

Mike and the others have made some of the following claims over and over in the past year:

"Hurts sucks

Hurts can’t pass or read

Hurts isn’t good enough to have a breakout.

Josh Allen year 3 comparison is laughable! Allen can throw harder.”

And now rather than acknowledge he was wrong he has a dig about the number of TD passes Hurts has thrown this year!

Shalodeep - I appreciate you have backed down on your Hurts stance, but don’t try and put words in my mouth.

My thoughts in my comment is I think of the MVP as one person at this moment. Not saying he hasn't played his way into discussion, I just think it's a run away. I have him third or fourth. Matters how the voters feels about mahomeboy

28 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Why do the compliments often have a backhanded element to them?

You know why. 😂 That pride is a helluva thing. 😂

Our guy out there doing his thing! A month of owning it. Keep making "one more game” turn into "one more month.” 😂

3D92FBE7-58F0-41C5-A00B-8F0BDE1965E7.jpeg

Archived