Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

5 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

My take on this, for what it’s worth is as follows:

I was upset when they took Hurts. I saw it as a waste of a second round pick, I had doubts about Wentz but he had a strong finish to 2019 and for me was the guy going forward. I wanted a defensive player, Chinn, Fulton or Epenesa. 

The more I thought about it though, the more that it was clear they wanted an alternative option to Hurts or a plan B. You just don’t spend a 2nd round pick on a gadget/backup.

I think they were concerned about Wentz in a way that we just couldn’t see. Maybe it was the injuries, maybe it was how his teammates responded to him. Either way, Wentz was clearly unhappy with the pick and saw Hurts as a threat with the way he reacted.

Indy got rid of him after 1 year and giving up a lot for him. Wentz was decent last year and stayed healthy. But they couldn’t wait to pack him off. Again there must have been issues, more than just his play.

So yeah I think Hurts was drafted as a plan B. I don’t think the Eagles expected to have to go to plan B as quick as they did, but fortunately it seems to be working!

I agree with this.  I also saw Hurts' ceiling as limited compared to others that would have been available in Round 2, like those you mentioned.  

The good news is that Hurts seemed to have a higher ceiling.  The big question now becomes sustainability.  Wentz' ceiling in 2017 was extremely high... we all saw it.  Then, just as quickly, it came crashing down.  Was it related to the knee, his head, the pressure of the Super Bowl victory with Foles, the statue, the shrine the following year... none of that really matters now.   All that matters is that he couldn't sustain it.  Will Hurts be able to?   Maybe.  

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Procus said:

Do you honestly believe any of us has a clue about the moves this team was thinking about?  If there's been one constant with this organization, it's that it is tight lipped and practically all moves seem to come out of left field. 

The front office would never let it leak that it was interested in Russell Wilson or DeShaun Watson, or trading up for Zach Wilson if that were the case.

There were multiple reports of those instances happening at those times

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

The 2000 Patriots had the highest paid QB in the NFL on a new deal.

Did they draft a gadget play guy in round 6 as their 4th QB?

The most important player on the team is the starting QB. The 2nd most important player is the backup QB.

Nice false equivalence there. 

IP provided you a direct quote that they saw Hurts as a Taysom Hill type player, he's not "guessing" at their mentality, they stated it plainly. Then, a funny thing happened on the way to the forum  

59 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

There were multiple reports of those instances happening at those times

Mike - you have to realize that once a report is made, it's picked up by multiple outlets, some of whom like to put their own spin on it.  Doesn't make the reports true - it makes them reports.

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

Nice false equivalence there. 

IP provided you a direct quote that they saw Hurts as a Taysom Hill type player, he's not "guessing" at their mentality, they stated it plainly. Then, a funny thing happened on the way to the forum  

But what else were they going to say? Do you really think they would be honest if they thought they made a mistake with Wentz and Hurts was an alternative/Plan B.

They would have both been really stupid and subsequently very lucky, if they drafted Hurts in the second to be a gadget guy.

8 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

But what else were they going to say? Do you really think they would be honest if they thought they made a mistake with Wentz and Hurts was an alternative/Plan B.

They would have both been really stupid and subsequently very lucky, if they drafted Hurts in the second to be a gadget guy.

Well yes, now you're getting it

15 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Well yes, now you're getting it

Oh yea, this is just such a stupid team - just a notch above the Lions

1 minute ago, Procus said:

Oh yea, this is just such a stupid team - just a notch above the Lions

Post 52, they made a LOT of stupid moves. 

29 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Post 52, they made a LOT of stupid moves. 

Yup, those stupid moves caused the mess we're seeing right now

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

When was the last time an Eagles starting QB was both very good and healthy for 4 straight years?

Cunningham 1987-1990?

Wow that’s a long time ago, and quite ironic considering Randall is supposed to be hurt every year, because he’s a "running quarterback.” According to these guys they’re always hurt. :whistle:

5 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

Hurts also has a top tier support system. Brown/Smith/Goedert are great talents, and this o-line is easily top 3 (if not #1). Joe Burrow in this system would be far better IMO than he has been in Cincy. 

Hurts has transformed his game these last two weeks, and has become very good at throwing the ball. It's what we wanted to see from him. Running 17 times in a game should never happen.

Did you ever think that he was running as often as he did because his supporting cast wasn’t good enough? Jalen Reagor as a starting wide receiver is a liability for any quarterback. Just ask Carson Wentz or Cousins. Joe Burrow could easily be hurt on this team too, because if he played in the Detroit game he’s sacked as many times as Wentz was last week. You don’t get to randomly select who plays where though. The Eagles NEVER had any chance to take Joe Burrow, but you know who they did have a chance to get? Russell Wilson and he would look terrible on this team right now. You know who else would look terrible? Minshew. You know the guy you foolishly assumed the Eagles considered the same as Hurts? 😂🤣😂 Really the defense mechanisms you beanbaggers have turned to now is just pathetic. 

You guys are the exact reason there was such a backlash to Hurts. You have no interest in a reasonable conversation, and instantly go to extremes to prove whatever stupid point you're trying to make. You guys are the coolest! Tom Brady and Hurts are the same situation!!! Howie's a genius!!

20 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

You guys are the exact reason there was such a backlash to Hurts. You have no interest in a reasonable conversation, and instantly go to extremes to prove whatever stupid point you're trying to make. You guys are the coolest! Tom Brady and Hurts are the same situation!!! Howie's a genius!!

This post is pure gold. You were part of a group that intentionally trolled the board for months with the sole purpose of annoying "Hurts Squirters," and now you are blaming others for not having an interest in a "reasonable conversation."

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

This post is pure gold. You were part of a group that intentionally trolled the board for months with the sole purpose of annoying "Hurts Squirters," and now you are blaming others for not having an interest in a "reasonable conversation."

Ah yes, leave out all context. Typical. 

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

When was the last time an Eagles starting QB was both very good and healthy for 4 straight years?

Cunningham 1987-1990?

What ??????????  We have had a bunch of athletic QB's who can run and run to much, but have not had a QB stay healthy for 4 straight years since 1990.

Im Shocked GIFs | Tenor

15 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

You were part of a group that intentionally trolled the board for months with the sole purpose of annoying "Hurts Squirters,"

Once again, we said a bunch of nice things about an UDFA QB, how will anyone ever recover from the emotional damage we have done.

47 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

You guys are the exact reason there was such a backlash to Hurts.

Someone post the gaslighting pic again.

Hurts Haters should be a case study.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Once again, we said a bunch of nice things about an UDFA QB, how will anyone ever recover from the emotional damage we have done.

The guy was complaining about people not having reasonable discussions. I was just pointing out that him complaining about that after intentionally trolling the board for months seems pretty ironic. I don't see why you think that is a sign of emotional damage, just calling out a hypocrite.

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

The guy was complaining about people not having reasonable discussions. I was just pointing out that him complaining about that after intentionally trolling the board for months seems pretty ironic. I don't see why you think that is a sign of emotional damage, just calling out a hypocrite.

Because there is a faction of this board who were incapable of acknowledging his flaws.  We keep hearing that experts say positive things about him and experts are always correct, but any time you bring up a negative backed up by an expert also saying it,  you are labeled as a racist.

When people go straight to the race card, they are the definition of not being able to have a reasonable discussion.

15 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Because there is a faction of this board who were incapable of acknowledging his flaws. 

And there wasn't a faction incapable of seeing his positive traits?

And by faction, I mean you.

41 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

They have been loud for months and now they’re crying like school girls that scraped their knees. 😂🤣😂

99BA33D8-E244-49B2-8977-5D8CFF9FD77A.jpeg

Archived