Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

6 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Wait, someone clarify:

Mike has criticized Hurts, so he's obviously racist and hates black men.

Mike has also said he wanted Justin Jefferson in the draft, forever ago. 

So he's only racist sometimes? 

Or you're grasping at straws?

Racism only applies to the QB position to these clowns

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Abstract? Sensitive? Noted. Engaging with you is a waste of my time.

Hey, someone has to address the elephant in the room. If you don't think some people view black QBs through a lens, then you're in denial.

I always love the argument of "Hey, if you identify elements of racial bias in our society, you're making racism worse. The only way to stop racism is to not talk about it!" What a cop-out.

48 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Racism only applies to the QB position to these clowns

It does seem that people are uniquely unforgiving of black QBs over any other position. I mean, there's a rich history of this. Look at how they talked about Doug Williams.

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Actual lol at the lack of humility and still having a dig at Hurts despite an MVP level start.

An MVP start ... If there was a vote today, who do you think gets it....maybe he gets 1 or 2.... But pretty sure it's unanimous to Jackson with Allen being second. You guys crown pretty hard for September and versus people who pick early often.... I gave the kid credit..hell even said he may end up being talked about top 8 QB end of the season, but you guys are really really going overboard at this moment 

I wanted Justin Jefferson, as an LSU fan. I think if you were to search "Jalen Reagor sucks" you'd probably find me saying it the most. Guess I'm racist.

Guess Howie is too, for shipping him out.

1 minute ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Hey, someone has to address the elephant in the room. If you don't think some people view black QBs through a lens, then you're in denial.

I always love the argument of "Hey, if you identify elements of racial bias in our society, you're making racism worse. The only way to stop racism is to not talk about it!" What a cop-out.

It does seem that people are uniquely unforgiving to black QBs over any other position. I mean, there's a rich history of this. Look at how they talked about Doug Williams.

You’re arguing this to and accusing a fan base that loved and supported McNabb. Go troll elsewhere.

Just now, Texas Eagle said:

You’re arguing this to and accusing a fan base that loved and supported McNabb. Go troll elsewhere.

mCdOnAlDs GoT bOoEd

7 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

It does seem that people are uniquely unforgiving to black QBs over any other position. I mean, there's a rich history of this. Look at how they talked about Doug Williams.

Yes, we haven’t cheered our brains out for Randall, McNabb, or Vick. Garcia caught ish for being kinda ghey and "fiery”. Kolb was run out of town cause hesucked. Bradford too.

I criticized Hurts on his play, but you and your ilk constantly resort to cries of racism. That’s the biggest reason I lash out, because it’s so annoying to have point out time and time again. 

4 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Oh, that's ironic, because they definitely treated McNabb like a doormat, too, on many occasions. You seem to have a very selective memory. I'm not trolling one bit, you just got your panties all bunched over the topic.

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Yes, we haven’t cheered our brains out for Randall, McNabb, or Vick. Garcia caught ish for being kinda ghey and "fiery”. 

I criticized Hurts on his play, but you and your ilk constantly resort to cries of racism. That’s the biggest reason I lash out, because it’s so annoying to have point out time and time again. 

Actually, I never called anyone a racist. I said that some people view different quarterbacks through a lens of racial bias, but I know that that's wayyyy too subtle and abstract for the simpletons around here to understand. It's funny watching you guys melt down over it, though.

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Yes, we haven’t cheered our brains out for Randall, McNabb, or Vick. Garcia caught ish for being kinda ghey and "fiery”. Kolb was run out of town cause hesucked. Bradford too.

Ironically, I have said that Hurts is probably a middle QB, that has limited passing skills/field vision and he's probably a playoff, one and done QB at best. I have also repeatedly said that I hope he proves me wrong and hope he becomes the best QB in franchise history.

I didnt have him as a possible MVP vote getter week 3, so clearly that makes me racist.

3 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Actually, I never called anyone a racist. I said that some people view different quarterbacks through a lens of racial bias, but I know that that's wayyyy too subtle and abstract for the simpletons around here to understand. It's funny watching you guys melt down over it, though.

We have an example of one person either on this page or the previous saying that exact thing. Whether or not you said it is irrelevant. Several others have.

10 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

An MVP start ... If there was a vote today, who do you think gets it....maybe he gets 1 or 2.... But pretty sure it's unanimous to Jackson with Allen being second. You guys crown pretty hard for September and versus people who pick early often.... I gave the kid credit..hell even said he may end up being talked about top 8 QB end of the season, but you guys are really really going overboard at this moment 

I think right now, he would only trail Jackson. Out of the 3, Hurts is the only one still undefeated. It's an interesting question, but Hurts is certainly getting the attention. When it comes time to vote, they will have a much larger sample to go off of. 

Well, guys, I'm completely open to an alternative interpretation of why everyone treated Opie like an infallible saint and repeatedly excused his shortcomings well into his precipitous decline but were ready to sell Hurts down river from the outset, nitpicked his games, and refused to give him credit where credit was due. So far, though, no one has even come close to providing a valid explanation.

I also criticized Wentz, called him a choker and argued with a few people (Double the most on the old boards) about it repeatedly.

So...times yours.

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wow that’s a long time ago, and quite ironic considering Randall is supposed to be hurt every year, because he’s a "running quarterback.” According to these guys they’re always hurt. :whistle:

He did get hurt in the very next game in 1991, but it was in the pocket.

McNabb was close but he had the ankle in 2003 and missed 6 games.

BTW, the last game before the Eagles drafted Hurts, they had to play Josh McCown in a playoff game.

6 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Well, guys, I'm completely open to an alternative interpretation of why everyone treated Opie like an infallible saint and repeatedly excused his shortcomings well into his precipitous decline but were ready to sell Hurts down river from the outset, nitpicked his games, and refused to give him credit where credit was due. So far, though, no one has even come close to providing a valid explanation.

I couldn’t even get one of them to admit Hurts is playing better than Wentz just right now. 😂🤣😂

6 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

People didn’t criticize Wentz? Interesting. Talk about being selective. I remember the old boards having a full on war about Wentz vs Foles. Talking about their weaknesses and shortfalls. Both white. Both had haters. Carry on though - let’s see how deep you can dig your hole.

Just now, SkippyX said:

He did get hurt in the very next game in 1991, but it was in the pocket.

McNabb was close but he had the ankle in 2003 and missed 6 games.

BTW, the last game before the Eagles drafted Hurts, they had to play Josh McCown in a playoff game.

Correct if I’m wrong, but wasn’t McNabbs ankle and Randall’s knee injuries both in the pocket? 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I couldn’t even get one of them to admit Hurts is playing better than Wentz just right now. 😂🤣😂

There isn’t one single poster on this board that will say Wentz is playing better than Hurts

Just now, Texas Eagle said:

There isn’t one single poster on this board that will say Wentz is playing better than Hurts

He's a big time race baiter and 99% of his posts involve Wentz.

Don't even waste your time.

1 minute ago, Texas Eagle said:

People didn’t criticize Wentz? Interesting. Talk about being selective. I remember the old boards having a full on war about Wentz vs Foles. Talking about their weaknesses and shortfalls. Both white. Both had haters. Carry on though - let’s see how deep you can dig your hole.

I can't remember the last time we had a starting QB that everybody liked. 

Archived