Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

And there wasn't a faction incapable of seeing his positive traits?

And by faction, I mean you.

His positive traits did not involve QB things, they involved RB things.  I like my QB's to be good at QB things.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

His positive traits did not involve QB things, they involved RB things.  I like my QB's to be good at QB things.

The experts tried to tell you he was getting better at the qb things, but you didn't listen. That's not on us. That's on you.

3 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

FdwkreHX0AINBN0?format=jpg&name=small

What a September.   Now lets' keep it going in October.   

Could have kept it all passing stats. 4TDs isn't horrible. He's tied 14th with 6 other QBs

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Could have kept it all passing stats. 4TDs isn't horrible. He's tied 14th with 6 other QBs

Yeah, but when Tua who he will always be connected to throws 6 in one game, that 4 would have looked a little small.

Some people just exposed themselves of having no idea what they are talking about.  It's as if they just started watching football and had no idea that players can actual develop and improve overtime if they have the work ethic and drive to put in that necessary work to improve. 

They deserve all the ridicule they have received and will continue to receive for the extent they went to be nothing but purely negative towards Hurts and anyone else who wouldn't go along with them in writing Hurts off. 

A common theme of this group was disregarding everything that pointed to how Hurts was improving and instead finding some obscure thing to point at such as not scoring many second half points as a rookie and making that the defining fact of why Hurts is bad and will never be good.  We even saw that continue into this season with the same crowd saying after the Vikings game that Hurts can't throw touchdown passes so he can't really play QB and it's going to cause the locker room to turn on him. 

8 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

The experts tried to tell you he was getting better at the qb things, but you didn't listen. That's not on us. That's on you.

Those experts say plenty of things and they are wrong plenty of times.  I choose to form my own opinion, and I can find some of those experts who agree with me, not that I need their validation, but this place is all about finding an expert opinion to back up their own, so you are kinda forced to do it.

Just now, downundermike said:

Those experts say plenty of things and they are wrong plenty of times.  I choose to form my own opinion

And how did that work out for you?

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Those experts say plenty of things and they are wrong plenty of times.  I choose to form my own opinion, and I can find some of those experts who agree with me, not that I need their validation, but this place is all about finding an expert opinion to back up their own, so you are kinda forced to do it.

Or, you could just continue to be self righteous and wrong a lot. Like you

1 minute ago, Next_Up said:

I am right more than I am wrong.  Things I have been right about

Ruben Randle = Camp Body

Nick Foles = Eagles can win in the playoffs with him

Justin Jefferson = Best WR in the 2020 draft class, and the most pro ready route runner to come into the NFL in 10 years

Jalen Hurts = will be exposed in the playoffs

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yeah, but when Tua who he will always be connected to throws 6 in one game, that 4 would have looked a little small.

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

And how did that work out for you?

2 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

Actual lol at the lack of humility and still having a dig at Hurts despite an MVP level start.

1 minute ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Actual lol at the lack of humility and still having a dig at Hurts despite an MVP level start.

You guys are to wrapped up in recency bias.  Lets talk about MVP stuff later in the season.

I continue to use the baseball analogy, just cause a guy hits two HR's opening day, does not mean he is gonna hit 324 home runs, things usually regress to the mean, especially when the games get tougher.  And as Trey Lance showed us, it only takes 1 run to end your season.

Hurts inflated a lot of his numbers last year in garbage time. Especially against good teams early in the year. We had to turn into a run dominant team because of his passing limitations.

He got hurt (shocked face), and when he came back he was even less effective. We beat up on crappy teams the 2nd half of the year. In the playoff game, he got absolutely destroyed by a good team. These are all valid reasons to be concerned, considering all of his issues were unchanged from his college days. 

He’s had two excellent weeks of actually passing the ball like a QB should, and most of us acknowledge his improvement.

But during the off-season, raising any faults with him got you labelled a racist by many of his most ardent supporters. So there was a natural backlash.

Take your lame gaslighting and shove it. 

And even now, IP provides a direct quote from the organization that they envisioned him as a Taysom Hill type player (and used him as such) and then his Squirters respond with "was Tom Brady a tinker toy when he was drafted in the sixth???”

Ya that makes sense you weirdos 

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Hurts inflated a lot of his numbers last year in garbage time. Especially against good teams early in the year. We had to turn into a run dominant team because of his passing limitations.

He got hurt (shocked face), and when he came back he was even less effective. We beat up on crappy teams the 2nd half of the year. In the playoff game, he got absolutely destroyed by a good team. These are all valid reasons to be concerned, considering all of his issues were unchanged from his college days. 

He’s had two excellent weeks of actually passing the ball like a QB should, and most of us acknowledge his improvement.

But during the off-season, raising any faults with him got you labelled a racist by many of his most ardent supporters. So there was a natural backlash.

Take your lame gaslighting and shove it. 

Your sad attempts at revisionist history aren't going to work. The over the top Hurts hate wasn't some natural backlash.  The over the top Hurts hate existed from the start and it only continued. 

A complete inability by anyone of your ilk to ever post any opinion of Hurts that wasn't anything but purely negative. Anytime a post or article or anything was posted about Hurts that wasn't a negative slant towards Hurts and could actually be positive was immediately attacked by you people. 

Anyone who acknowledged areas that Hurts had to improve upon but believed it was possible that Hurts could very well improve and continue to develop were nonstop attacked for not going along with the echo chamber. 

You've been exposed as clueless over something you've spent a ton of time discussing. 

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You guys are to wrapped up in recency bias.  Lets talk about MVP stuff later in the season.

I continue to use the baseball analogy, just cause a guy hits two HR's opening day, does not mean he is gonna hit 324 home runs, things usually regress to the mean, especially when the games get tougher.  And as Trey Lance showed us, it only takes 1 run to end your season.

He wrote MVP level at the start of the season. You continue to exaggerate opinions about hurts so that you can falsely discredit them. You are like a Jedi of using logical fallacies (you can Google it)

Lol the Hurts Squirters are so sensitive they couldn’t even entertain a legit discussion about his sexuality. They cried to have the thread banned. Losers.

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Your sad attempts at revisionist history aren't going to work. The over the top Hurts hate wasn't some natural backlash.  The over the top Hurts hate existed from the start and it only continued. 

A complete inability by anyone of your ilk to ever post any opinion of Hurts that wasn't anything but purely negative. Anytime a post or article or anything was posted about Hurts that wasn't a negative slant towards Hurts and could actually be positive was immediately attacked by you people. 

Anyone who acknowledged areas that Hurts had to improve upon but believed it was possible that Hurts could very well improve and continue to develop were nonstop attacked for not going along with the echo chamber. 

You've been exposed as clueless over something you've spent a ton of time discussing. 

Wrong, racist homophobe

3 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Lol the Hurts Squirters are so sensitive they couldn’t even entertain a legit discussion about his sexuality. They cried to have the thread banned. Losers.

Wrong, racist homophobe

DSjO0Je5_400x400.jpg

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Recency bias? After how people seized on the Bucs game?

I’ll help you out, use the following wording:

”I was wrong about Hurts. I didn’t think he was capable of beating teams from the pocket or having the kind of games he’s had so far this year.

I’m not ready to crown him yet. There is still a lot of season yet, but it looks promising.”

7 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

He wrote MVP level at the start of the season.

This guy was the clear MVP at the start of the 2020 season, how did that work out for him ??

image.png.00c805c01df67a19ac1eacb3d1b93e11.png

image.png.2d123d5cc0b8c85ee67128f3e2f695f7.png

This guy was in the MVP discussion to start the 2021 season, how did that work out for him ??

image.png.abf61b8d1176788ee087efb93c14563a.png

3 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Recency bias? After how people seized on the Bucs game?

I’ll help you out, use the following wording:

”I was wrong about Hurts. I didn’t think he was capable of beating teams from the pocket or having the kind of games he’s had so far this year.

I’m not ready to crown him yet. There is still a lot of season yet, but it looks promising.”

I have said multiple times over the last two weeks that he has played well.  Any talk about playoffs, MVP's and anything like that after week 3 is foolish, for any team and any player.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I have said multiple times over the last two weeks that he has played well.  Any talk about playoffs, MVP's and anything like that after week 3 is foolish, for any team and any player.

Tell me Mike, where in that quote was there any reference to playoffs or MVP? 

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

I love that @RememberTheKoy tries to claim I’m revising history. Please tell me what in that post about his year last year was incorrect?

I did read, my post.  You might need to pull your head out of your ass first though since apparently you're still wondering.  

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I like clowns.

Dont care much for racist homophobes like you

Except I've never posted anything racist or homophobic.  But hey, keep on with that projection.  You're not fooling anyone, just getting more egg all over your face.  

Archived