Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I did read, my post.  You might need to pull your head out of your ass first though since apparently you're still wondering.  

Perhaps you need to look up what the term revisionist history means 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Except I've never posted anything racist or homophobic.  But hey, keep on with that projection.  You're not fooling anyone, just getting more egg all over your face.  

Oh now you’re also a liar.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

I mean, lied about Ruben Randle, lied about Nick Foles.

He is also the guy that said "Eagles fans don't deserve Carson Wentz" after Nick won the Super Bowl.

3 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

You are trying to pretend that there was some large pro Hurts movement on this message board of people who were incapable of seeing any faults in Hurts game and then as a natural reaction to that the Clown Crew that you're a part of went negative in response.  When in reality you people were overly negative about Hurts from the jump.  Over the top negative too at that.  Acting as if he was the worst player to ever play QB.  Anytime anything would be posted about Hurts that wasn't negative and could be perceived as a positive take or state about Hurts you people all immediately jumped at that to attack the person who posted it and the opinion.  And now you're caught with your pants down looking like a fool because you all couldn't have been anymore wrong about Hurts.

You're pathetic.  

On 9/27/2022 at 9:44 AM, NOTW said:

Hurts really has so many qualities that Philly fans typically like in their athletes, it's weird some people just hate him so much.  Mental toughness, work ethic, he takes responsibility.  Even in wins or strong performances, he talks all business and working to improve, it's a team game, etc.  He has the respect of his teammates.  

Last year he showed some improvement but I was still concerned about his accuracy and going through all of his reads.  So far, he's proven to make a bigger improvement in those areas.  I get the sense that he knows the critiques and is working on them.

Plenty of QBs hit their stride in year 3 or 4.  Many QBs who have become great took that long. So far it's really fun to watch.  There will be some challenges this season and I'm excited to see how he handles the pressure, or recovers from a bad performance or loss.  Continuing to refine, grow and take the next leap.  

I completely understand preferring a pure pocket passer or not liking his style of play...but he seems so likeable and the kind of player Philly loves yet some people still hate him, it's crazy.  

When you're madly in love with one QB, you overlook all his failings and only see the idealized version created in your head.  His replacement might be a diamond in the rough, but all you can think about is your one true love.

9 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You are trying to pretend that there was some large pro Hurts movement on this message board of people who were incapable of seeing any faults in Hurts game and then as a natural reaction to that the Clown Crew that you're a part of went negative in response.  When in reality you people were overly negative about Hurts from the jump.  Over the top negative too at that.  Acting as if he was the worst player to ever play QB.  Anytime anything would be posted about Hurts that wasn't negative and could be perceived as a positive take or state about Hurts you people all immediately jumped at that to attack the person who posted it and the opinion.  And now you're caught with your pants down looking like a fool because you all couldn't have been anymore wrong about Hurts.

You're pathetic.  

Lol I’ve admitted I was wrong, so far anyway. He’s looked great these last two weeks.

And I’ll have you know I have my pants down constantly, it’s my look. You’re prob scared cause of your homophobic tendencies 

3 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Lol I’ve admitted I was wrong, so far anyway. He’s looked great these last two weeks.

And I’ll have you know I have my pants down constantly, it’s my look. You’re prob scared cause of your homophobic tendencies 

He's looked great these past 3 weeks.  They don't win week 1 against the Lions without Hurts and the way he played.  

You're not fooling anyone trying to pretend like that Is Hurts Gay thread was anything but in poor taste as another attempt by you people to try to bash Hurts.  Mods agreed too.  

28 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Except I've never posted anything racist or homophobic.  But hey, keep on with that projection.  You're not fooling anyone, just getting more egg all over your face.  

27 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You called people racists for doubting Hurts.  

I mean, could it be any more clear what he is saying here ???

image.thumb.png.f9698a8433fa1ff50e780038dcc11d10.png

19 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He's looked great these past 3 weeks.  They don't win week 1 against the Lions without Hurts and the way he played.  

You're not fooling anyone trying to pretend like that Is Hurts Gay thread was anything but in poor taste as another attempt by you people to try to bash Hurts.  Mods agreed too.  

No you’re just so homophobic you can’t even have an adult conversation about it

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

6v1hpt.jpg

"I'll take psychological projection for $1000, Alex!"

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Just as we all knew.  You’re the habitual reporter.  

I have no idea what is being reported on this board, but as a mod from 2002 until the end of the old EMB, I can tell you that there are some people in your circle that report certain posters as much as those certain posters reported them. I always told people to use the ignore feature if certain posters were bothering them so much. 

We all have different takes about topics. Some of us get along and some of us have personalities that clash. Both bring entertainment value to the boards. I've always felt that if you put us all together in a room to watch the Eagles, everybody would be pretty cool with everybody else. It would be like:

There is most definitely an underlying, largely subconscious, element of racial bias to how many people treat Hurts. You need look no further than how the crowd who stood by Wentz for years and excused everything the guy did, from the trivial to the egregious, yet with Hurts, they never gave him a chance from day 1 and nitpicked every little thing, right down to his celebrations. With Wentz, everybody else and the team itself was the problem for his shortcomings, but Hurts was always the problem. And you still see it now: The excuse makers follow Wentz everywhere. For many fans, Wentz has served the role of "The Great White Hope" at QB. 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Another one.  Yikes.  Bad take man.  

This Fing race baiting has to stop.  

It's not baiting; I calls it like I sees it. Explain the striking difference in how people made excuse after excuse for Wentz and always gave him the benefit of the doubt yet treated Hurts the exact opposite. I think it boils down to something more than simply the 53rd vs. the 2nd pick as to why people were extremely forgiving with the former QB and extremely slow to come around to this one. Yeah, Wentz burst onto the scene differently, but 2 or 3 years later, people kept going to bat for him and blaming anyone but him for his failures.

5 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

It's not baiting; I calls it like I sees it. Explain the striking difference in how people made excuse after excuse for Wentz and always gave him the benefit of the doubt yet treated Hurts the exact opposite. I think it boils down to something more than simply the 53rd vs. the 2nd pick as to why people were extremely forgiving with the former QB and extremely slow to come around to this one. Yeah, Wentz burst onto the scene differently, but 2 or 3 years later, people kept going to bat for him and blaming anyone but him for his failures.

Lets look at some differences.

Wentz - extended an again and already breaking down Alshon Jefferey, trading for an aging and already injury prone D Jack, JJAW and Reagor instead of Metcalf or Jefferson, or both.  Hurts instead of another player who could help the team immediately.

Hurts - 1st round pick on a WR, 1st round pick plus and 100 million dollars on a WR, actually nailing multiple picks in both of the last two drafts instead of making multiple failed picks.

1 minute ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

It's not baiting; I calls it like I sees it. Explain the striking difference in how people made excuse after excuse for Wentz and always gave him the benefit of the doubt yet treated Hurts the exact opposite. I think it boils down to something more than simply the 53rd vs. the 2nd pick as to why people were extremely forgiving with the former QB and extremely slow to come around to this one. Yeah, Wentz burst onto the scene differently, but 2 or 3 years later, people kept going to bat for him.

In all fairness, Wentz did have one season where he played at an MVP level, which did help contribute to a Super Bowl season. It’s understandable that people would be hopeful he could have gotten even close to that point again. Hurts has absolutely played great these last two weeks, but as of todays date, it’s still a limited sample size. As I also mentioned a day or two ago, Hurts still has a couple boxes to check off. 

Wentz no doubt had his supporters, but even he started developing more and more detractors as he started piling injuries, losses against Dallas, and failing to play in/finish playoff games, much less winning any. 

5 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

There is most definitely an underlying, largely subconscious, element of racial bias to how many people treat Hurts. You need look no further than how the crowd who stood by Wentz for years and excused everything the guy did, from the trivial to the egregious, yet with Hurts, they never gave him a chance from day 1 and nitpicked every little thing, right down to his celebrations. With Wentz, everybody else and the team itself was the problem for his shortcomings, but Hurts was always the problem. And you still see it now: The excuse makers follow Wentz everywhere. For many fans, Wentz has served the role of "The Great White Hope" at QB. 

There will always be speculation that critique is fostered by racist undertones. But unless a person just outright says something openly that verifies this, people are possibly making unfounded accusations against people that may have another reason to be critical of somebody. 

I stood by Wentz. I never believed he was the single reason for 2020's woes or that he should have been the one and only "benching" scapegoat. At that time, I was confident Wentz could put that horrible season behind him and get back on track. But the way the situation was handled within the organization forced the final outcome. As a fan of the Eagles, I had to move on. Wentz was gone and Hurts was getting his chance. The best thing to hope for at that point was for Hurts to succeed. I was a little worried around mid-October last season, but was completely behind Hurts after the Denver game. I've been defending Hurts on the board since that time and taken quite a bit of flak for my opinions and optimism. 

The reason I brought this up is to show that I don't fit the stereotype you are promoting either. I supported Wentz. I support Hurts now. I honestly believe that a majority of Hurts' critics just believed he was limited in certain areas. They thought he was too short, didn't have a strong arm, didn't have arm talent, can't read defenses, can't throw to his left, was inaccurate which can't be fixed, etc... Most of these people, IMO, are not racist in any way, they are just people with doubts. Hurts seems to be on track to win them over soon. 

15 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I think your consumed with political and social topics, especially given your CVON persona.  This is Fing ridiculous and lazy.  Shame it comes to this.  

Nah, I just have eyes and ears for double standards. For many, Wentz could do no wrong, and for those same people, Hurts couldn't do anything right. They did not receive equal treatment

18 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep and yep.  But I don’t have a circle.  It’s a message board.  Not a high school.  I’m a lone wolf.  

Blog = circle. Cliques exist outside of school. 

c2e75b45-9a8c-4cf6-85a4-ed499856f92a_tex

12 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

There will always be speculation that critique is fostered by racist undertones. But unless a person just outright says something openly that verifies this, people are possibly making unfounded accusations against people that may have another reason to be critical of somebody. 

I named our first family dog Donovan, totally racist.

30 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep and yep.  But I don’t have a circle.  It’s a message board.  Not a high school.  I’m a lone wolf.  

Like a lone scorpion wolf. You are so cool

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Lets look at some differences.

Wentz - extended an again and already breaking down Alshon Jefferey, trading for an aging and already injury prone D Jack, JJAW and Reagor instead of Metcalf or Jefferson, or both.  Hurts instead of another player who could help the team immediately.

Hurts - 1st round pick on a WR, 1st round pick plus and 100 million dollars on a WR, actually nailing multiple picks in both of the last two drafts instead of making multiple failed picks.

This argument is so tired and really just speaks to the point. Wentz had plenty of weapons around him and a generally good offensive line. His supporting cast was less than ideal but not that bad. He might've reasonably had some struggles due to weaknesses in the supporting cast and injuries around him, but the guy was a total f***ing trainwreck through and through. He didn't just seem to be losing it physically but mentally as well. He was a completely broken player, yet if people had their way, we'd STILL be here, wondering wtf was wrong with the guy.

Wait, someone clarify:

Mike has criticized Hurts, so he's obviously racist and hates black men.

Mike has also said he wanted Justin Jefferson in the draft, forever ago. 

So he's only racist sometimes? 

Or you're grasping at straws?

22 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

In all fairness, Wentz did have one season where he played at an MVP level, which did help contribute to a Super Bowl season. It’s understandable that people would be hopeful he could have gotten even close to that point again. Hurts has absolutely played great these last two weeks, but as of todays date, it’s still a limited sample size. As I also mentioned a day or two ago, Hurts still has a couple boxes to check off. 

Wentz no doubt had his supporters, but even he started developing more and more detractors as he started piling injuries, losses against Dallas, and failing to play in/finish playoff games, much less winning any. 

Wentz did nothing but gradually deteriorate and then ever since his knee injury before spectacularly faceplanting to the point that the team had no choice but to go with his backup. By 2020 it was well past time to move on, the writing was clearly on the wall. Hopeful in 2018, maybe 2019, ok. But we were well past the point of the guy being salvageable and people wanted to do anything but bench him or move on from him.

39 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

This is how you lose all creditability - congrats. The more people crying racism with unfounded claims, the worse the issue around racism gets in society. You’re perpetuating and extrapolating the very issue you’re accusing others of. Divided States of America.

3 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

This is how you lose all creditability - congrats. The more people crying racism with unfounded claims, the worse the issue around racism gets in society. You’re perpetuating and extrapolating the very issue you’re accusing others of. Divided States of America.

I'm sorry that you're too sensitive engage in an abstract discussion like this.

Just now, EaglesRocker97 said:

I'm sorry that you're too sensitive to engage in an abstract discussion like this.

Abstract? Sensitive? Noted. Engaging with you is a waste of my time.

Archived