Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

11 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Id love to Hurts play, reason why is it will confirm the QB is not the major problem, its the coaching. 

No the excuse becomes, and we've seen it already, "Hurts is a rookie and Wentz is a 5 year player......." 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

No the excuse becomes, and we've seen it already, "Hurts is a rookie and Wentz is a 5 year player......." 

That’s not an excuse, that’s a fact. He comes in cold off the bench, no preparation during the week, game plan wasn’t built around his skill set, and he still looked competent in there. 

Carson Wentz is broken and there is no fixing him this year.  You have a vet team that you are going to lose if you don't at least give them the best chance to take this shite division.  It's Hurts' season now.

Just now, dawkins4prez said:

Carson Wentz is broken and there is no fixing him this year.  You have a vet team that you are going to lose if you don't at least give them the best chance to take this shite division.  It's Hurts' season now.

But just to ask, what good does it do next year either? This roster is still flawed and broken, that's not going to change next year. So at this point are we not better off going a different route with the QB? 

I'm playing devil's advocate by the way. I don't actually know what the team should do. I mean we all thought Wentz and Doug were a good enough combo to win despite not always having the most talented roster but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But just to ask, what good does it do next year either? This roster is still flawed and broken, that's not going to change next year. So at this point are we not better off going a different route with the QB? 

I'm playing devil's advocate by the way. I don't actually know what the team should do. I mean we all thought Wentz and Doug were a good enough combo to win despite not always having the most talented roster but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

Wentz-Pederson is over.  One of them has to go and its prolly Doug cuz that's how things go.

3 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Wentz-Pederson is over.  One of them has to go and its prolly Doug cuz that's how things go.

Well Doug doesn't impact the cap right! So yeah he is much more likely to go. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I expect them to give Wentz one more shot under a different offense.

I'm sure they will yes. I just don't know if that is going to work out for them and ultimately this is still a bad roster that needs a complete overhaul. 

30 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

That's exactly it. If Wentz doesn't start next week and we get shellacked then where does the blame go? But they have already started well Hurts is a rookie.......  To bad. You want to be the starting QB then you will be judged as such. Nobody has a problem shting all over Carson. 

1 minute ago, dawkins4prez said:

I don’t think you can definitively say that if you’re expecting Doug to be fired. If he is, which I do believe, the new coach needs to be the one to decide which QB to go with. If he’s a good coach, he won’t guarantee the job to anyone, and it will be a legitimate battle for the starting job during camp next season. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Look at Doug's eyes during the game and tell me you see a guy that plans to be here next year. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

That's exactly it. If Wentz doesn't start next week and we get shellacked then where does the blame go? But they have already started well Hurts is a rookie.......  To bad. You want to be the starting QB then you will be judged as such. Nobody has a problem shting all over Carson. 

If things don't improve over the coming weeks then the blame can be placed solely on Doug. But at least lets see if that is the case or not. Wentz can be removed as the starter and we can see if things improve the next few weeks. If they don't then we can say it is Doug and this scheme. If they do then perhaps the biggest issue is, as we have seen for weeks, the play of Wentz.

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm sure they will yes. I just don't know if that is going to work out for them and ultimately this is still a bad roster that needs a complete overhaul. 

Wentz or no Wentz, they gotta rebuild that O-Line first.

Just now, brkmsn said:

Look at Doug's eyes during the game and tell me you see a guy that plans to be here next year. 

No I don't to be honest and I don't blame him. He's been given a terrible roster and he's expected to deliver results with this roster? He has less power than a lot of HCs around the league who haven't achieved anywhere near as much as Doug has. He's taking a lot of the blame for this current mess when the roster is bad and his QB is playing like complete ish. He probably has had enough and I don't blame him.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If things don't improve over the coming weeks then the blame can be placed solely on Doug. But at least lets see if that is the case or not. Wentz can be removed as the starter and we can see if things improve the next few weeks. If they don't then we can say it is Doug and this scheme. If they do then perhaps the biggest issue is, as we have seen for weeks, the play of Wentz.

Would have just been nice to make that change before they were in the middle of this buzzsaw schedule. 

Wentz or no Wentz, they gotta rebuild that O-Line first.

I don't disagree with that but they may well need a new QB and this year they likely draft in the top 5... It's a difficult situation.

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

I don’t think you can definitively say that if you’re expecting Doug to be fired. If he is, which I do believe, the new coach needs to be the one to decide which QB to go with. If he’s a good coach, he won’t guarantee the job to anyone, and it will be a legitimate battle for the starting job during camp next season. 

If Howie's in charge I wouldn't be surprised of they just shuffle the deck with Schwartz as HC.  If I'm trying to fix Wentz I'm brining in an old dog downfield OC in the Arians/Norv Turner mold.

If Howie's in charge I wouldn't be surprised of they just shuffle the deck with Schwartz as HC.  If I'm trying to fix Wentz I'm brining in an old dog downfield OC in the Arians/Norv Turner mold.

Wait what now? Schwartz as HC? My god!!! That is a truly terrifying thought.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't disagree with that but they may well need a new QB and this year they likely draft in the top 5... It's a difficult situation.

If they can't fix Wentz they'll be right back in the top 10 again for 2022 draft.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No I don't to be honest and I don't blame him. He's been given a terrible roster and he's expected to deliver results with this roster? He has less power than a lot of HCs around the league who haven't achieved anywhere near as much as Doug has. He's taking a lot of the blame for this current mess when the roster is bad and his QB is playing like complete ish. He probably has had enough and I don't blame him.

When your line can't pass block, your QB is playing rattled, your WRs are struggling, and your running game is averaging over 5 ypc, then don't call 40+ passes on a weekly basis. Doug tried too hard to force things to get better. You can't fix problems with wishful thinking. 

2 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

If they can't fix Wentz they'll be right back in the top 10 again for 2022 draft.

You are probably right there... But then if that's the case then who knows what happens to this organisation if they are drafting in to top 10 again next year. 

It doesn't really matter who is back there at this point if Doug is going to continue to call long developing pass plays every damn down.  We should be running the ball and throwing wheel routes, screens, swing passes, and short crossing routes, not 30+ yards routes.  The QB doesn't have time for that crap to develop behind our makeshift O-line.  Is our QB play bad?  Hell yes, but it's not like we're actively doing anything at all to try and help them out.

1 hour ago, nipples said:

That’s not an excuse, that’s a fact. He comes in cold off the bench, no preparation during the week, game plan wasn’t built around his skill set, and he still looked competent in there. 

Sure 47 completion percentage is competent. What a double standard. Everything you said applies to the packers defense as well as easing off. 

1 minute ago, 20dawk4life said:

Sure 47 completion percentage is competent. What a double standard. Everything you said applies to the packers defense as well as easing off. 

Season passer rating: Hurts 80.4, Wentz 72.8

Passer rating against Green Bay: Hurts 67.7, Wentz 54.4. 

47% is better than 40% (Wentz percentage yesterday). 

So yeah, Hurts put up a better statistical day coming in cold off the bench, in his first game playing QB for more than one play at a time at the NFL level than Wentz did as a guy in year 5, who got the start after taking starters reps all week and all season. 

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

So yeah, Hurts put up a better statistical day coming in cold off the bench, in his first game playing QB for more than one play at a time at the NFL level than Wentz did as a guy in year 5, who got the start after taking starters reps all week and all season. 

To be fair though context is important... He was going against a defense that had not prepared for him and against a defense that was likely in prevent mode. This is why its so important he plays this coming week so we can see. 

Archived