Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

Remember that whole "variable" argument about replacing Hurts with Minshew to see if it was the QB or the roster/system.

Go suck a D of you ever believed that bull s***

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

You know they would love to see us in missory. They are going to try.

If they want to risk throwing their season away just to attempt to stick it to us, they’re clueless.

And Jalen Hurts will be back next week, so our chance of winning should already be improved by that.

Hurts MVP odds should increase after this game. 

Also it's crazy how much more faith I have in him. In crunch time, Minshew throws game losing picks in back to back weeks. Even if we're playing like crap I still trust Hurts to come through.

Just now, bitbased said:

Who gives a crap about that. I care about wins and championships. 

1 minute ago, wrestlevessel said:

Who gives a crap about that. I care about wins and championships. 

It's more of a play on the whole "system QB" talk from a few weeks ago. I'm not arguing that he should win it at this point or not.

3 minutes ago, bitbased said:

Also it's crazy how much more faith I have in him. In crunch time, Minshew throws game losing picks in back to back weeks. Even if we're playing like crap I still trust Hurts to come through.

Mahomes will win the MVP in all likelihood, but if Hurts comes back and beats the Giants as I think he will. It should be him.

Hurts should be MVP.

Fellas, it is what it is. Let’s just move on to the Giants game with Jalen hopefully back on the saddle.

I’m not mentally prepared to lose that game so hope Jalen comes back at the top of his game.

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

I think it is safe to assume at this point Hurts will be playing next week

HE BETTER, BECAUSE IF THEY DON'T GET #1 SEED AND LOSE IN WILDCARD ROUND IN PLAYOFFS, SIRIANNI, OR WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HURTS NOT STARTING TODAY, WOULD NEED TO GET FIRED!!!!!!!!! THIS GAME WAS WINNABLE WITH HURTS!!!!!!!!!

In all honesty, I think losing today sucks more for the draft pick than it does for the playoffs. If we can't beat a Giants team that has nothing to play for, then the playoffs are moot anyway. And this way we still get a week off if we win and HFA, plus there's no debate on whether resting the starters for two weeks is a bad thing.

I like the idea of Hurts getting a game in before the playoffs, and us having to go full send in the last game of the year to keep everyone focused.

As an aside, the Saints are eliminated, so their pick will be in the top 20. Not the top 5 pick we imagined, but I think there is less of a dropoff between the top 5 and top 20 guys this year than there was last year.  

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Hopefully he's healthy because we need a win now

To add onto this. I'm going to be so pissed if he's still injured and they force him in because he now needs to play and he gets more injured or a new injury

We should have locked up the 1st seed while Hurts was resting and healing

Team failed Hurts

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

To add onto this. I'm going to be so pissed if he's still injured and they force him in because he now needs to play and he gets more injured or a new injury

We should have locked up the 1st seed while Hurts was resting and healing

Team failed Hurts

They said before this game that he was likely to play next week. This isn’t some rash decision. I mean, he practiced on Thursday and Friday.

Well now he has to play the Giants regardless if he's 100% or not. Cause we will lose with Minshew. We would have won had Hurts played the Saints.

If he does play the playbook should be different because you don’t want to risk additional injury. But they’ll probably run him into the ground again because they are desperate.

Since Minshew came in the Jets game the Eagles have played 21 Regular Season Games:

Eagles with Jalen = 16-1 (17 Games)

Eagles without Jalen =1-3 (4 Games)

These are the facts.   We need Jalen back next week.   

7 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Since Minshew came in the Jets game the Eagles have played 21 Regular Season Games:

Eagles with Jalen = 16-1 (17 Games)

Eagles without Jalen =1-3 (4 Games)

These are the facts.   We need Jalen back next week.   

I agree. But to be fair, I don’t think the last game of the regular season last year should count against Minshew. We played our back ups and the Cowboys played their starters.

1 minute ago, vaff said:

I agree. But to be fair, I don’t think the last game of the regular season last year should count against Minshew. We played our back ups and the Cowboys played their starters.

True, but he still has a losing record even not counting that game.   Jalen would have beat Dallas and The Saints.   He damn sure wouldn't have lost both games.   

39 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

If he does play the playbook should be different because you don’t want to risk additional injury. But they’ll probably run him into the ground again because they are desperate.

You mean they might play to win? I'm okay with that.

Just now, brkmsn said:

You mean they might play to win? I'm okay with that.

Don’t run him into the ground though. Thats what hurt him in the first place.

Well I wonder if the 🤡 show is happy now that they got their pocket passer? Was this the better y’all were talking about? :chair:

3 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Don’t run him into the ground though. Thats what hurt him in the first place.

Every game from here on out is must win. Taking things for granted is what has prevented us from resting all our key players from today's game into the 2nd week of the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

In all honesty, I think losing today sucks more for the draft pick than it does for the playoffs. If we can't beat a Giants team that has nothing to play for, then the playoffs are moot anyway. And this way we still get a week off if we win and HFA, plus there's no debate on whether resting the starters for two weeks is a bad thing.

I like the idea of Hurts getting a game in before the playoffs, and us having to go full send in the last game of the year to keep everyone focused.

As an aside, the Saints are eliminated, so their pick will be in the top 20. Not the top 5 pick we imagined, but I think there is less of a dropoff between the top 5 and top 20 guys this year than there was last year.  

I agree. I’m not deflated as I usually am with Eagles losses, I’m more peeved with the decision making all over the franchise this afternoon

Beyond the pass/run ratio, there was another problem with the play calling. As much blame as anyone believes Minshew should get, you also have to consider giving that to Steichen as well for not recognizing Minshew didn’t have much today but still calling up those plays

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well I wonder if the 🤡 show is happy now that they got their pocket passer? Was this the better y’all were talking about? :chair:

They wanted so badly to prove it was the team, not Hurts that they ensured we'd beat dallas and then ensured we'd beat the hapless saints. 

Archived