Time to put Howie back in the basement? - Discuss Howie Roseman here

ToDie4Eagles

On 11/8/2021 at 7:38 PM, The Blackfish said:

Doug did a podcast recently with the Athletic, it’s a little more than an hour and listens like a job interview.  The Podcast itself focuses on an NFL coaches weekly\monthly life from Feb to Jan.   
 He did say towards the end of it that his biggest regret was not hitting the reset button so to speak in March after the SB. Because you lose so many players each year, and if you’re successful, you also lose coaches, plus your game plans, and offensive system overall needs to evolve as well from year to year.  

Interesting. it just goes to show, you dont just "run it back", you need to innovate and tweak things to keep up with all the teams who are now gunning for you.

On 11/15/2021 at 9:41 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Smith, Dickerson, Gainwell, Williams, and even McPherson all have made contributions to this team this year. That’s a major improvement from some of Howie’s other drafts. Now it’s debatable if all of these guys are good players, but they are contributing to the team and that’s a plus for Howie. If this team makes the playoffs there is no shot Howie gets fired. 

Higher draft positions for one, plus I think when there's a new coach hired he wants to "collaborate" and start things off well.  Watch next offseason Howie isn't as "collaborative" especially with making a splash with 2-3 first rounders.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Higher draft positions for one, plus I think when there's a new coach hired he wants to "collaborate" and start things off well.  Watch next offseason Howie isn't as "collaborative" especially with making a splash with 2-3 first rounders.

We will be set back for decades if Howie doesn't splash it

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

We will be set back for decades if Howie doesn't splash it

I feel like I’ve heard/read this before. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

We have never saw Howie with this much to work with at the top end of the draft before. I mean he miss on all of them can he?

42 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

We have never saw Howie with this much to work with at the top end of the draft before. I mean he miss on all of them can he?

20211112_131130.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

20210501_233449.jpg

Milton Williams looks pretty good though.

Besides that photo still makes the scout look unprofessional in my opinion.

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

20211112_131130.jpg

Come on man! Can’t you just see that’s a Beautiful Mind at work? 😂🤣😂

43EC7D8B-5BCB-4C57-A42E-502051BAC93E.jpeg

7 hours ago, Infam said:

Milton Williams looks pretty good though.

Besides that photo still makes the scout look unprofessional in my opinion.

I actually agree but the optics were funny.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

That’s the problem. Howie needs to hit on the high picks. We need Pro-Bowl type players, not just guys who make the team or are fringe starters like JJaw, Dillard and Reagor. I’ll give him a little credit at finding some gems in the mid-low rounds ( Mailata, Sweat, Watkins) but he needs to hit big on the high picks. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

That’s the problem. Howie needs to hit on the high picks. We need Pro-Bowl type players, not just guys who make the team or are fringe starters like JJaw, Dillard and Reagor. I’ll give him a little credit at finding some gems in the mid-low rounds ( Mailata, Sweat, Watkins) but he needs to hit big on the high picks. 

We say this annually. I am still imagining this WR corps with  Justin Jefferson opposite Smith. We spent 3 years building a team for WENTZ, then got rid of him and PAID to do it(nice work Howie)

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

Exactly.  People will defend Howie's drafting with naming a guy who is decent and not a total bust, a guy who is a starter.  But they need more actual difference makers.  Pro Bowl is a popularity contest mostly, but making All Pro, being among the best at their position are what they really need.

59 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We say this annually. I am still imagining this WR corps with  Justin Jefferson opposite Smith. We spent 3 years building a team for WENTZ, then got rid of him and PAID to do it(nice work Howie)

^^ see @Bwestbrook36 I'm not the only one :P

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Exactly.  People will defend Howie's drafting with naming a guy who is decent and not a total bust, a guy who is a starter.  But they need more actual difference makers.  Pro Bowl is a popularity contest mostly, but making All Pro, being among the best at their position are what they really need.

^^ see @Bwestbrook36 I'm not the only one :P

I'm off that train, I'm all about the splash now!! 

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm off that train, I'm all about the splash now!! 

We could always bring back another classic hit:  "trying to outsmart everyone."

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Every year we write this, but it feels like this year more than any he has no excuses. No more talk about not having picks due to the Wentz trade. There is an abundance of picks and cap space. No more excuses. If Howie blows this pending off-season he should be fired…. Though I know the owner will not do it.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Every year we write this, but it feels like this year more than any he has no excuses. No more talk about not having picks due to the Wentz trade. There is an abundance of picks and cap space. No more excuses. If Howie blows this pending off-season he should be fired…. Though I know the owner will not do it.

If he blows it this offseason? The fact that he is going to get this offseason (and yes we know he will) is a freaking travesty.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If he blows it this offseason? The fact that he is going to get this offseason (and yes we know he will) is a freaking travesty.

You can continue to champion the cause, but he is going nowhere no matter what happens this offseason.  He'll just say new staff, new QB, and rebuild alot of times to Lurie and away it goes.

I've just begrudgingly accepted that he is here forever.

16 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah he’s not going anywhere. If this team goes to the playoffs lock Howie up for another decade at least. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah he’s not going anywhere. If this team goes to the playoffs lock Howie up for another decade at least. 

Sounds good to me. Bet we win another SB in that decade. 

• Like 1

Just now, Infam said:

Sounds good to me. Bet we win another SB in that decade. 

Sorry I can’t guarantee that. 😂🤣😂

I went looking for anything on Howie’s contract. Interestingly enough he’s signed till 2022 according to this. 
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2789643-doug-pederson-howie-roseman-sign-eagles-contract-extensions-through-2022-season

I couldn’t find anything else that says he’s extended beyond that point. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sorry I can’t guarantee that. 😂🤣😂

I went looking for anything on Howie’s contract. Interestingly enough he’s signed till 2022 according to this. 
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2789643-doug-pederson-howie-roseman-sign-eagles-contract-extensions-through-2022-season

I couldn’t find anything else that says he’s extended beyond that point. 

For him to get fired, we‘d need to fall on our face like last year. Not going to happen this year. Not going to happen next year.

Hurts will make Mr. Roseman stay for a long time, which is funny given he might have never been fully bought in on him.

I‘ve seen the haters shut up after the SB, I think they will shut up again soon enough.

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

For him to get fired, we‘d need to fall on our face like last year. Not going to happen this year. Not going to happen next year.

Hurts will make Mr. Roseman stay for a long time, which is funny given he might have never been fully bought in on him.

I‘ve seen the haters shut up after the SB, I think they will shut up again soon enough.

I don’t think Howie’s getting fired even if this team fell on its face this season. So many new faces and changes. Your Hurts comment reminds me of Foles. Howie so mad he missed on Wilson still failing to realize he got that ring with his pick Foles. Are you implying Hurts is Howie’s new Foles? 

• Like 1

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think Howie’s getting fired even if this team fell on its face this season. So many new faces and changes. Your Hurts comment reminds me of Foles. Howie so mad he missed on Wilson still failing to realize he got that ring with his pick Foles. Are you implying Hurts is Howie’s new Foles? 

Yeah, except I doubt we will just get rid of him after winning a SB.. 

That will stay a once in history thing.