EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

People like to compare Mac to Burrow, and there are some similarities, but there are some big differences too. Burrow is so good at extending the play. He's so slippery. Mac doesn't have that ability. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Almost perfect mirroring and three PBUs yet you focus on the one misplay by Surtain where his coverage was excellent but he played himself out of the tackle.  I like Farley more but Surtain should also be a top ten pick.  

He was beat on the go route the slant and the TD by Grimes. 

1 hour ago, Original Sin said:

I live in Maryland , and have many subs who do work for me , and the plumbers here make a killing .

Depending on where you are, absolutely, in New Castle County near Wilmington, which is near Philly, they do as well. We moved to Lewes when the Marcus Hook Sunoco refinery closed in 2012.  The schools in the Lewes area are much better than the schools around Wilmington, unless you can afford private school. 
 In Lewes which is not poor, you tell someone $200 to install a dishwasher and they’ll lose their mind, but in Wilmington if you charge $300 and you’re a hero. 
 In Sussex County, plumbers compete with handymen, plus illegals, that’s only in service work, but service is typically good money, new work is fine when you’re young and can wait 90 days for a builder to pay up. 
  I should of been rich and became a builder, they like Trump did can go bankrupt and oh well, new name start over, in MD and DE if you go bankrupt the state can pull your license, plumbing license that is, anyone can be business licensed as you know for $75 bucks a year. We have 4 years of school and 12,000 hours of documented work before we can even sit for our master test in plumbing. 

7 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Damn, before I looked up Paddy Fisher, I got my hopes up about a white NFL CB. WHEN WILL BE THE DAY

I like Fisher but i think he is a limited athlete and will be a two down player

43 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You think Giroux was as good as Crosby or Kane?  Man, you’re a bigger Pom Pom fanboy than I thought you were.  I hate Crosby as much as the next guy.    But get a clue.  LOL.  

Giroux was better than Kane, he scored almost as much, was a much better defender and a top PK guy. Kane just scores, his defense has gone from below average to terrible.

Sidney is in his own league, best player of the last decade, top scorer who committed to becoming a two way player.

2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

He was really good this year. I think taking that leap will be tough for him though. Everything is done at a faster speed in the NFL, and his lack of athleticism and average at best arm strength are hard for me to look past. I'm not a Mac Jones hater though. He impressed me a bunch this season. There is a path for NFL success for him.

I think he has enough arm. He has enough pocket mobility. He has great accuracy. But you’re right, he’ll have to make quicker decisions in tighter windows. That’s the unknown with any QB. Do they have the intelligence, feel, anticipation against better athletes in more complex schemes? Hell if I know. 

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

I'm also a Ph.D. economist with 3 academic books, peer reviewed papers, management consulting reports, valuation studies and working papers to my credit.

you forgot to list the Howie fetish.

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Then put me on ignore you big sissy. 

you're one of these clowns that goes on a public message board for countless hours and gets all fragile and pissy when other someone disagrees with him.  It's soft and pathetic 

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I gave up on trying to project QBs when Josh Allen became a star. That dude looked like straight doodoo his final year in college. 

I thought Allen had a huge Bust flag

18 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

which is not something you can say about Lawrence when you watch those other players on his team. 

A couple weeks ago I thought maybe we would take Mac Jones in round 2. This week hes getting tons of buzz.... 

I dont know if hes gonna be a great player or not. But I feel like people just dont like him because he looks out of shape. I think his ability is being vastly underrated. 

If they take him, Im fine with it.

He's a Drew Brees clone, but there's a reason Brees lasted until early in the 2nd rd, how often do these guys with great accuracy but slightly above average arms pan out?

It's easy to point to the one that did, but you forget all the ones that didn't.

Mac Jones gives me an Eli Manning vibe; very similar to Eli mechanically.  More accurate, but Eli had a stronger arm.

Golden Taint is an upgrade over Greg Ward. Actually they’d probably be the two starters 

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Mac Jones gives me an Eli Manning vibe; very similar to Eli mechanically.  More accurate, but Eli had a stronger arm.

Agree 100%

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I think he’s a poor mans Phillip Rivers 

1 hour ago, Original Sin said:

I know Mexicans who work for very little , who would wear your ass out in a days work 

minimum wage doesn’t mean lazy

If I only had to work 5-8 years, I could too. You won’t find one Mexican or Guatemalen in Delaware with gray hair, they send all their money home and retire there by age 30. 
 I personally don’t want to live in either place in a mud hut, but that’s me. 
 Sorry, no more political talk from me.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I think he’s a poor mans Phillip Rivers 

I think Rivers is a good comp. Jones can move better than him. Rivers always moved like he has rickets. 

33 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m a Regional Sales Manager for an industry that is hurting right now and I still don’t have the time to post as much as you.  So don’t act surprised when people don’t believe your claims. 

I've got no reason to lie, I'm well past the age of insecurity where I feel the need to impress people on a message board.

I never made a lot of money, but I worked hard, accomplished some things that i'm proud of, did my best to treat people decently. I can look in the mirror without shame.

At this point in my life I'm close enough to the inevitable that I no longer give a fig what people think.

The words of the Teacher,  son of David, king in Jerusalem:
"Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."
What does man gain from all his labor at which he toils under the sun?
Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever.
The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises.
The wind blows to the south and turns to the north; round and round it goes, ever returning on its course.
All streams flow into the sea, yet the sea is never full. To the place the streams come from, there they return again.
All things are wearisome, more than one can say. The eye never has enough of seeing, nor the ear its fill of hearing.
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there anything of which one can say, "Look! This is something new"? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time.
There is no remembrance of men of old, and even those who are yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow.
I, the Teacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem.
I devoted myself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under heaven. What a heavy burden God has laid on men!
I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Or as Shakespeare put it:

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

You challenged me, I responded. If you didn't like the answer, think twice before you insult someone.

I didn’t insult you, unless you took offense to being called a lawyer.  

You pulled rank on this issue on the basis of being a published economist, then flaunt your background, flip into talking about advanced education fostering humility...yet also lecture people in scientific discussions. So maybe you should take a back seat on those?  No, you were a science major at Penn...and I hear that’s a cut above pre-med.

2 hours ago, Original Sin said:

How is 7.25 per hour beneficial to those earning it ? And 7.25 per isn’t just being paid to  16 year olds with summer jobs .

minimum wage has been 7.25 for the last 12 years , that is just wrong .

Do you really think counter help at Wendy’s, Burger King, McDonald’s, Arby’s etc. is worth $15 an hour?  How much are you willing to pay for crap food?  How much is the labor worth for a restaurant where I can order from the kiosk so that the basis of my charge is delivery of food five to twenty feet from the kitchen. There is a break point on labor value before you outsource to automation or overseas.  Reality is that business has to weigh the cost/benefit. @NCiggles referenced 1933 and the original minimum wage. That is out of date and the wage hasn’t functioned as such in years.  Let’s take retail when I was young.  We priced everything and on the weekends spent hours repricing items.  Now it is at max a couple of hours changing shelf tags.  Checking was the art of reading the price, entering it into the cash register and selecting the right tax code (and because of different unions, if it was meat, produce, bakery or grocery).  Today all that is captured using the scan code or produce code.  So stocking and checking today require less skill and hours than when I was a student in college.  No reward stamps either as that is handled via customer card swipe.  The inventory and reordering is also more efficient and automated.  I would argue, less some adjustment for inflation the value of the job is less than it was when I was in college.   You are in construction, which is harder to automate but not impossible. Preconstructed trusses, for example. Frankly, any type of prefab. It’s coming your way too.  Even thinking jobs.  Last five years in my job we were experimenting with AI to read medical reports and audit medical bills, including entering our required coding for reports to Medicare and other government entities. Saved our staff a ton of time which meant we needed less staff.  That’s the realism. Pay for labor value and eliminate that which can be replaced cheaper.  I would rather there were the jobs teenagers learn what work is the I was discussing with my fellow York Countian earlier today than a kiosk at the local fast food or retailer. $15 for them means kiosk for me.  Consumers buy price so all businesses have to be price conscious. 

Archived