EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

12 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Again, people have unrealistic expectations of what the backup QB will be.

The Eagles made their own bed by drafting Hurts in the 2nd round.  Now he’s the starter and any backup they bring in will be worse than him.

RGIII, come on down.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Watch him become a stud in New England lol 

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Oh wow, I figured he would be back. 

He wasn't the best player but he always gave effort and seemed to really embrace being here.  Part of me will miss him. 

How TF did Mills get that deal?

He will now become a pro-bowl S, as per tradition. 

I was all for trading Brandon Graham so naturally he gets extended.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Take it to the bank.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So is he now a Red Goblin or Blue Goblin?

From super bowl champion corner with the eagles to joining the Patriots  

image.gif.cf82a42b1ae8752e87fd6c034ec0e84e.gif

Anyone find it interesting that the team that has so many deals already lined up during this "tampering period" is the New England Patriots?

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

further proof everyone gets overpaid in FA

Well, almost everyone. The Judon deal was a good one for New England. I thought he would get way more than he did.

32 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

WTF are you talking about?  :wacko:  I’m just telling you how it’s done down here.  When did I say anything about jumping in front of older more needy people?   They are at group 4 here in NC.  If you qualify, like I did, then should I sit home until we get the "all clear” that everyone who is older and more needy has been vaccinated?  Which we know will never happen.  JFC.  If group 4 is allowed then those who qualify should be able to go.   I just said there is no vetting process.  They don’t have the ability to do so.   Yet, again.  You used assumptions and ran with it.  

From what I understand the vaccine is distributed according to population. Here in Kansas we have about 1% of the US population as such Kansas get the least amount of the vaccine. As such I wasn't expecting to get the vaccine any time soon, I'm not in the age group that qualifies I'm not an essential worker and even though I'm a recent cancer survivor I'm not considered high risk as I technically don't have Cancer as of now.

Having said that I got an email sent to me from my wife that a small county in Kansas about an hour an half from wichita had extra vaccines as their supply did not meet their demand and if they didn't use them soon they would be thrown away as they would expire. 

So I made an appointment and the only requisite was that one be a Kansas citizen.

I feel fortunate to have been able to get my first dose and while there are others that are older than me more essential or higher risk I don't feel I skipped over or stole those people's vaccines.

I had a unique opportunity and I took advantage of that opportunity and am grateful as is my family.

Hopefully more and more people will have more and more opportunities to get vaccinated asap!

Thinking the Mills contract takes us firmly out of the running for John Johnson, though I suspect our "interest" is probably mostly just the agent trying to drum up the market.

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Watch him become a stud in New England lol 

you know he's going to be

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Is 2021 the year we land Larry Fitzgerald?

Only if we can get someone to pick him up at the airport. 

3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

you know he's going to be

I’m fairly confident he will at least be utilized well by belichick. He made Patrick Chung look good when he was miserable here. 

4 minutes ago, dukebowden said:

Thinking the Mills contract takes us firmly out of the running for John Johnson, though I suspect our "interest" is probably mostly just the agent trying to drum up the market.

I tend to agree.  i think Johnson gets twice that.  $24 million for a starting safety isn't a bad deal for the Patriots.  He will play well there you can count on it.  

New England is just spending cash today.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m fairly confident he will at least be utilized well by belichick. He made Patrick Chung look good when he was miserable here. 

Yup, and he's going to have competent corners playing on the outside too.  NE always seems to have a good slot corner too.  Jalen can focus on being a safety and just a safety.  He's going to be a good player for them.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I tend to agree.  i think Johnson gets twice that.  $24 million for a starting safety isn't a bad deal for the Patriots.  He will play well there you can count on it.  

New England is just spending cash today.

Are we sure it’s to play safety? I wouldn’t be surprised if he winds up playing corner

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Are we sure it’s to play safety? 

I would assume so but the tweet does say DB...who knows.

Archived