EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

awesome use of resources.  Plus the dead cap...we can afford to field the West Chester Golden Rams.

What that looks to me is a good right side of the offensive line and a good interior defensive line.

Those are important parts of the team, and the Eagles have them.

Also, that's that what those players are getting paid next year. 

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

So you want to spend millions when we have no cap room on Brissett because he has experience (failed experience) in Sirianni's offense?

Are you saying that Hurts + Ward + Tate + Jackson will get the job done, with the innovation and the running QBs?

OK!!!  Now you're talking.  I'm with you there!!!

Now, you have to understand what conventional thinkers would like,  they would embrace players like "guy who the HC had as QB when he was the OC"  and also "guys who the OC had as QB when he was the OC",  that would be pretty normal, pretty conventional, pretty standard, pretty expected.

47 minutes ago, RLC said:

Love watching him play. Browns' safeties were somehow worse than ours last year.

Not anymore lol 

Players would rather sign with the Browns then here. Boy have the tables have turned. Congrats Howie/Lurie 

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Why can't Jacoby provide that veteran presence as a backup to a young QB that Alex Smith and Josh McCown do? 

Apparently because Jacoby might win, and apparently losses are what is wanted?

Brissett and Taylor (another reasonable choice) are at least a decade younger than Brady and McCown.  Maybe having a cheap backup, a cheap non-starter, might be something good for the team for a number of years, allowing the Eagles to get an extra win or 2 depending on the year.  Could get them into the playoffs one year instead of missing it, and then, well, any given Sunday. 

It seems like having 2 good but not great QBs led the Eagles to a Super Bowl win, so "make sure the backup is trash" doesn't appear to be what has worked in the past.

I don't think Brissett or Taylor is going to be expensive.    I wouldn't spend $15 Million on Brissett this year and I don't think that the Eagles will either.  I would assume money would play a big role in decisions made at this time.

4 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Not anymore lol 

Players would rather sign with the Browns then here. Boy have the tables have turned. Congrats Howie/Lurie 

i like the idea of having to draft and develop young talent then wasting money the team has none of to spend on a bidding war with other clubs.

Just now, vaeagle2 said:

i like the idea of having to draft and develop young talent then wasting money the team has none of to spend on a bidding war with other clubs.

The guy is 25, same age as Dillard 

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

RGIII, come on down.

RGIII is on the cheaper side, made $2 Million last year.
RGIII, Geno Smith, Terrelle Pryor.  Smith and Pryor should be vet minimum,  Those are running QBs with starting experience who are complete budget choices.

Just now, greendestiny27 said:

The guy is 25, same age as Dillard 

the team can draft a safety on a 4 or 5 year rookie deal and get the cap situation under control , throwing money at  FA isn't smart at this time IMO , just saying

Can't wait for Howie to listen to Lurie and build around Hurts with players like.....uhhh

Lil'Jordan Humphrey

4 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

the team can draft a safety on a 4 or 5 year rookie deal and get the cap situation under control , throwing money at  FA isn't smart at this time IMO , just saying

Ok. We don't have enough draft picks to cover the amount of positions this landfill fire of a team has. This team needs two starting safety's no less. Signing guys that are 25 to add to the team really isn't a bad thing. Especially with our history of drafting, just sayin 

1 hour ago, RLC said:

Love watching him play. Browns' safeties were somehow worse than ours last year.

Did anyone really think we were in play for one of the better safety's in FA at 11 mill a year? Come on, we are on a budget, lol. 

5 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

RGIII is on the cheaper side, made $2 Million last year.
RGIII, Geno Smith, Terrelle Pryor.  Smith and Pryor should be vet minimum,  Those are running QBs with starting experience who are complete budget choices.

A mid round rookie will make less the a mill. We are a rebuild, we dont need a over priced washup backup. 

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

Did anyone really think we were in play for one of the better safety's in FA at 11 mill a year? Come on, we are on a budget, lol. 

I mean I think the position, age and quality of the player made it a logical link. But as you say the cap hit made it very unlikely.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean I think the position, age and quality of the player made it a logical link. But as you say the cap hit made it very unlikely.

Howie could have signed him to a seven-year deal with the final five years all voidable. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Howie could have signed him to a seven-year deal with the final five years all voidable. 

Sad part is I can't even tell if this is a joke or not anymore.

8 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

dont need a tight end? didnt we win a superbowl with ertz and celek which they were good? wasnt mcnabb good because he had great tightends and not so great receivers?

Not at 6. 

27 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Apparently because Jacoby might win, and apparently losses are what is wanted?

Brissett and Taylor (another reasonable choice) are at least a decade younger than Brady and McCown.  Maybe having a cheap backup, a cheap non-starter, might be something good for the team for a number of years, allowing the Eagles to get an extra win or 2 depending on the year.  Could get them into the playoffs one year instead of missing it, and then, well, any given Sunday. 

It seems like having 2 good but not great QBs led the Eagles to a Super Bowl win, so "make sure the backup is trash" doesn't appear to be what has worked in the past.

I don't think Brissett or Taylor is going to be expensive.    I wouldn't spend $15 Million on Brissett this year and I don't think that the Eagles will either.  I would assume money would play a big role in decisions made at this time.

Jacoby's contract here in Philadelphia 2 year/ 10 million=2021 bag of peanuts and a Dr. Pepper, 2022 10 million.

1 minute ago, Nivraga said:

Not at 6. 

Pitts if drafted at 6 would not be a TE, It means they have the confidence that he has the ability to be a WR. 

16 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Howie! Howie! Howie!

kick-1.jpg

2 hours ago, Original Sin said:

Jalen Mills is a very underrated player and losing him is a big deal for the #Eagles. He was a leader in the locker room and could play all 5 secondary spots. Belichick clearly recognizes how good Mills is

I do think Mills wasn't a bad 7th round pick.  He was highly competitive and a decent tackler.  I imagine he was a good leader in the locker room. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

10 years $300 million is my guess. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

So that is the only guy the Eagles have been linked to.  Can't wait to see Plan B.

The Eagles shouldn't be in on any early FA signings.  

Going to be a sad year for Eagles fans. Thank God for 2017, because we're going to be even worse this season.

Archived