EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Going to be a sad year for Eagles fans. Thank God for 2017, because we're going to be even worse this season.

Really feel like they need to trade back in round one to get more picks on day two and quality picks for next year. Day three picks just isn't going to cut it. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Swoop said:

Going to be a sad year for Eagles fans. Thank God for 2017, because we're going to be even worse this season.

I didn't take much from the Lurie press conferences he gave after the season and when he spoke after hiring Sirianni, but the biggest thing he said was that they are in a rebuild phase. That can happen relatively quick in the NFL, but I wouldn't expect above .500 records for this team in the next two seasons. This team has a severe lack of talent and the talent they do have are either older and/or injury prone. The only way they surprise people and win more games than they should is if Hurts is the real deal or they hit on a major player in the draft. 

11 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Pitts if drafted at 6 would not be a TE, It means they have the confidence that he has the ability to be a WR. 

No ish sherlock ... you should back track on these posts before you comment because that is EXACTLY what I eluded to.

Apparently Danielle Hunter wants out of Minnesota. Cap folks, is it at all plausible to cut Barnett and aquire Hunter? He's signed through 2024 I believe and only 26. Would be all for it, depending on price. Perhaps Barnett could go to Minnesota in a deal 

Just spit balling ideas. Don't expect it to happen and don't take it very seriously.

1 minute ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I didn't take much from the Lurie press conferences he gave after the season and when he spoke after hiring Sirianni, but the biggest thing he said was that they are in a rebuild phase. That can happen relatively quick in the NFL, but I wouldn't expect above .500 records for this team in the next two seasons. This team has a severe lack of talent and the talent they do have are either older and/or injury prone. The only way they surprise people and win more games than they should is if Hurts is the real deal or they hit on a major player in the draft. 

Truly believe we won't be good for the next 3/4 years at minimum.

Ahhhh, tatergeddon really brings out the most positive in us all 😆

9 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

The Eagles shouldn't be in on any early FA signings.  

probably the best thing the eagles should do, wait for cheap big names.

3 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Apparently Danielle Hunter wants out of Minnesota. Cap folks, is it at all plausible to cut Barnett and aquire Hunter? He's signed through 2024 I believe and only 26. Would be all for it, depending on price. Perhaps Barnett could go to Minnesota in a deal 

Just spit balling ideas. Don't expect it to happen and don't take it very seriously.

Hunter wants new money, so I don't think we could fit that on our cap.

Just now, schuy7 said:

Hunter wants new money, so I don't think we could fit that on our cap.

Depends on the contract, but yeah. I know we have no space.

Gonna be a rough go for a while unless Hurts is secretly Steve Young.

My guy is Anthony Walker Jr. Let him wear the green dot in Gannon's D. Also really like multi use CB Mike Hilton. But Howie is biased towards Maddox so I doubt it... 

Eagles needs:

Starting WR: 1-2

Starting CB: 2-3

Starting S: 2

Starting/backup OT: 1

Starting/backup OG/C: 1-2

StartIng LB: 2

Potential starter/backup DE: 1-2

Backup DT: 1

Backup TE: 1

Backup QB: 1

P: 1

This is assuming Ertz is gone and Jalen can hold his own. That will take 2 drafts minimum if they have excellent drafts, which is highly unlikely. They won’t have any significant FA signings until next year at the earliest. I would say they aren’t sniffing the playoffs until 2023 season if we’re lucky.

1 minute ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Eagles needs:

new GM

This is assuming Ertz is gone and Jalen can hold his own. That will take 2 drafts minimum if they have excellent drafts, which is highly unlikely. They won’t have any significant FA signings until next year at the earliest. I would say they aren’t sniffing the playoffs until 2023 season if we’re lucky.

Fyp

10 minutes ago, Swoop said:

In a vacuum, very. We would essentially get him at a 3 year 36M deal. But they would have to cut Barnett before Wednesday or include him in the deal.

It's weird seeing the lack of speculation around Eagles FA moves. No Howie specials, no trades, just a strange silence.  A comeuppance for the constant giving of bad contracts.

This makes me laugh

5 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Eagles needs: EVERYTHING........................................and a new GM

I fixed it for you :) 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

How the heck we affording him ??

I said it yesterday , eagles best offensive weapon isn’t on the team yet ,

Corey F'n Davis?  What the actual F!!!  Howie needs to be fired immediately.  Let's add an average receiver to our average receiving core when we have no money.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

How the heck we affording him ??  And this dude is a troll.

@Don Corleone we finally got him!!! 4 years later!!! 

pretty sure it’s fake tho. Lol

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

How the heck we affording him ??  And this dude is a troll.

That guy is a troll

Archived