EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, metal said:

I’m sure they look forward to their future penalties on special teams. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, metal said:

meh.  Couldn't stay healthy but makes the hole at safety even bigger.

Epps/Wallace/Torn ACL Rodney...who else?

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Cape San Blas in Port St Joe, Florida. It’s decently secluded, so a perfect spot for social distancing. 

Have fun!

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m sure they look forward to their future penalties on special teams. 

I always found it interesting that 12 is untouchable.  25 hasn't been worn since Shady was here.  

However, they've let so many bums wear 36 since BWest was here.  I don't like retiring numbers but it just seems strange how they've treated some of them.

Ford was and is nothing more than a ST'er. He was good when healthy but always hurt. Not a big deal

4 minutes ago, RLC said:

Other teams like our safeties. Maybe Schwartz was the problem.

He’s not really a safety though...

3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Arnold and Riley

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Cape San Blas in Port St Joe, Florida. It’s decently secluded, so a perfect spot for social distancing. 

Ah, smoked mullet...

20 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Jalen Mills is a very underrated player and losing him is a big deal for the #Eagles. He was a leader in the locker room and could play all 5 secondary spots. Belichick clearly recognizes how good Mills is

glasses.gif

11 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

ESP you huge tool for once I agree with you.  The Eagles essentially just lost a starting corner and starting safety in Mills.  Everyone wants to hate on him but he was serviceable all over the defensive backfield.  I would have preferred him coming back as a full-time safety but now we have more holes to fill.

Safety is in ROUGH shape.  CB2 is non-existent. Slot is now back in the hands of Maddox who hit his ceiling as a rookie and has regressed every year since.  

Gotta play your draft picks; Wallace needs to win the job there.  Mills sucks at every position he plays — what did he make, one play last year when a deflected ball landed in his hands?  Safety and CB are both instantly better with Mills gone.  Move Maddox to nickel CB, draft an outside CB to pair with Slay, and draft a FS to take over for McLeod.

14 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

ESP you huge tool for once I agree with you.  The Eagles essentially just lost a starting corner and starting safety in Mills.  Everyone wants to hate on him but he was serviceable all over the defensive backfield.  I would have preferred him coming back as a full-time safety but now we have more holes to fill.

Safety is in ROUGH shape.  CB2 is non-existent. Slot is now back in the hands of Maddox who hit his ceiling as a rookie and has regressed every year since.  

Lets be honest: Mills was never a good outside CB. But he looked pretty good at safety.

12 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

And why with 10 picks and a rather deep S class that we should double dip at the position in this draft.

Would be fine if we signed no one in free agency. Fully okay with 2021 being just a total evaluation year across the board and a stealth tank season.

And if 2022 has a weak QB draft class, then trade our first rounder(plus more) for Watson or Wilson.

Well done and good luck to Jalen Mills, thank you for the Superbowl and the projected comp pick. 

Have to think though, that the Eagles can do so much better in what looks like a deep draft for DBs,  

3 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

And why with 10 picks and a rather deep S class that we should double dip at the position in this draft.

I agree....i just have zero faith in Howie making the right picks.  Wallace showed nothing last year...not one thing to get excited about.  Their best player back there is Epps and I'm not sure that says much.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I wonder if they plan on moving Maddox to S...

I hope not.  The Maddox experiment should be over.  

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I wonder if they plan on moving Maddox to S...

I suspect he will wind up getting hurt at some point as he always does. 

4 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Would be fine if we signed no one in free agency. Fully okay with 2021 being just a total evaluation year across the board and a stealth tank season.

And if 2022 has a weak QB draft class, then trade our first rounder(plus more) for Watson or Wilson.

Watson would have to approve a deal here as he has a NTC. Odds he wants to come here with less picks to acquire talent and needing to rebuild 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That's completely different than being a stud.  The guy doesn't have stud in him.  

Why i said but was a joke. 

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

I agree....i just have zero faith in Howie making the right picks.  Wallace showed nothing last year...not one thing to get excited about.  Their best player back there is Epps and I'm not sure that says much.

Dude!  Are you trying to freak me the F out?  Because that's scary.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

If they plan on going two high they need someone with some coverage skills. Wallace ain't it.

Archived