EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Dude!  Are you trying to freak me the F out?  Because that's scary.

Unless you consider soon to be 31 year old recovering from a torn ACL Rodney McCleod to be the best.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He had nothing to do with the SB win. He sucked..

In fairness, he had something to do with the 505 passing yards given up.

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Watson would have to approve a deal here as he has a NTC. Odds he wants to come here with less picks to acquire talent and needing to rebuild 

Why i said but was a joke. 

I mean, how could you turn down a chance to play for Nick Sirianni?

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

I will always appreciate the one PBU he had on Gronkowski in the Super Bowl.  

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

If they plan on going two high they need someone with some coverage skills. Wallace ain't it.

Hoping they draft one of Moehrig or Grant on Day 2, and double-dip on Day 3 with one of Sterns/Gillespie or Trill Williams.

2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I will always appreciate the one PBU he had on Gronkowski in the Super Bowl.  

Draping Julio in the corner of the end zone was probably his greatest play as an Eagle. 

1 minute ago, RLC said:

Love watching him play. Browns' safeties were somehow worse than ours last year.

It was actually the smart play. Browns are actually up and coming and he likely got paid well 

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Love watching him play. Browns' safeties were somehow worse than ours last year.

So that is the only guy the Eagles have been linked to.  Can't wait to see Plan B.

Sad about Mills leaving. Love his passion for the team, unselfishness, and his delusional celebrations.

Just now, downundermike said:

So that is the only guy the Eagles have been linked to.  Can't wait to see Plan B.

Not signing anyone IS a good plan.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Eagles LB Nate Gerry apologizes for offensive tweets from his past | RSN

1 minute ago, metal said:

I figured he would get double what Mills got. 

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Hooker or Corey Davis would probably be the biggest names they’d sign, if anyone.

I would be very conflicted if they signed Corey Davis

I have no idea how legit they are as a source but this was on Instagram a day or so ago.

phillyeaglesnews's profile picture

Eagles have expressed interest in signing former Chargers S Rayshawn Jenkins, per his agency.

Would be solid depth for the Eagles defensive backs room.

2 hours ago, NCiggles said:

He was better than Hurts last season with arguably worse receivers. 

The Patriots led the league in covid opt outs.

Which I believe helps them money wise this year.   They didn't have to pay all those players last year, as I understand it.

Newton went 7-8 last year, despite the opt outs. 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Then, you should watch me on gameday.  Because I am slow and can't cover either.  I yell and scream at the TV. I show passion and I can cook.  Which shows unselfishness.

TBH.  I would be careful calling him unselfish.  Celebrating an incompletion and then getting into a verbal dispute with a team leader on the sideline after that player told you to f-ing chill is not unselfish.  

Depth???  Behind who?  He wouldn't be depth.  We have no players in the DB room.  

Beats me.  

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Because I am slow and can't cover either.

He was in perfect position to cover the fart that was left behind during the double move.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Where OL go to die. It was nice while it lasted, Linsley. At least he #securedthebag, as the kids say.

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Brissett is just crushingly ironic.

If you are invested in the success of Jalen Hurts (I think he's bad and think the Eagles are making a mistake rolling with him, so I don't really care), Brissett is pretty much the worst possible QB addition possible.

1.  He's going to be one of the most expensive backups in the NFL, which is the whole fabricated reason the Eagles twisted themselves into about backup QB's having 2nd round value in the first place.  And 1 year after making that draft selection to protect the cap hit from the backup QB, when we are in cap hell and kicking the can forward, we might sign what will ultimately be one of the most expensive backup QB contracts in NFL history.  Forget a knife, you'd need a chainsaw to cut that irony.

2.  Brissett has nothing to offer Hurts.  He's got far more *cliche buzz word alert* arm talent than Hurts, but he's still a very crude passer.  This isn't Josh Mccown or Alex Smith who might offer something as adjuvant QB coaches.  

3.  Brissett offers value in one of 2 ways:  One, as a backup with starting experience and a big arm to get in there and help you win some games.  That's literally the last thing the Eagles need to break the bank on in a season in which they will not be competitive.  There is no point to eeking out worse draft position on a non-competitive team when the starter goes down.  Option 2 for value is as a project to see if we can salvage his arm talent and make him the guy.

None of these options help Hurts.  

what does "one of the most expensive backups" actually mean?

Is $5 Million a year one of the most expensive? 

I would think that the Eagles would be trying to get a $5 M backup,  if they can afford that.  I would think Brissett would cost about that.  So would Taylor, who would be another decent choice.

The idea, each and every year, is to win games.  You never really know going in what is going to happen.  Teams can plan to suck (and get that right) then plan to win, and fail at that. 

Brissett and Taylor both seem like QBs who could backup Hurts, and,  if Hurts absolutely sucked,  they could come in and win games.  The Eagles could also dial up innovation, possibly, with those 2. 

I don't at all like "suck on purpose then draft top QB, and then suck by accident because the QB is not as good as you hoped."

The Raiders are likely to give Carr an extension with a raise.  He has 1 winning season in 7 years.  That's one of 32 data points.

Archived