EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Doc:  Greend, we have an opening at 7 am on Saturday for the vaccine, but we'll probably have to push back some of the senior citizens to get you in.  

GreenD:

Best Costanza Fire GIFs | Gfycat

Yup, that's me. Now in America I have to feel guilty if I don't get the shot or if I do.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

I would assume so but the tweet does say DB...who knows.

They seem set at safety. My guess is he will be the slot corner/third safety.

10 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Checking in from the beach to say thanks for LII, Jalen. 

What beach you on?

13 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

you know he's going to be

He is not going to get faster but Mills is a good tackler. He will do well in their system.

With the propensity for TCU players that this team has, I'd pretty much guarantee that Moehrig will be a draft pick in the 2nd round. 

4 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

With the propensity for TCU players that this team has, I'd pretty much guarantee that Moehrig will be a draft pick in the 2nd round. 

Like Jeremy Chinn, he will be the highest rated player on our board when we are on the clock.  We will then draft Kyle Trask.

Just now, Original Sin said:

That Jalen Mills deal is going to turn out to actually be like a one-year, $5M deal

ahhhh so the Eagles new plan.  Let their players go to other teams who know how to use them, such as Nelson Agholor, then they can bring them back after one year and say look, great Eagles want to come back all while paying them a premium now that they have performed elsewhere!

Howie you sneaky SOB. 

I wonder if Howie didn't offer much and so he wanted to test FA

He had a great attitude even if he wasn't a great player so good luck to him

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

At what?   Waving his finger?   The guy is too small to be a safety and to slow to be a corner.  He can’t be a stud.  Outside his own mind.  

I’ve seen belichick make meh defensive players at least competent. To me making him competent is considered a win for New England. I was joking on the stud part. Do think New England will likely get more out of him than we could 

7 minutes ago, RLC said:

We're not projected to get a 5th rounder for Jalen Mills. Incredible.
https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks/

Am I misreading this?  It looks like it is projecting a 5th rounder for Mills.  If so, that sounds about right with that deal.  

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

I wonder if Howie didn't offer much and so he wanted to test FA

He had a great attitude even if he wasn't a great player so good luck to him

yeah, I know he got beat from time to time but his attitude was great.  He loved playing for Philly and competed wherever they put him.  The finger wag was a bit much when he did it after a play he had no impact on but hey you have to have some attitude back there.  Don't understand the hate towards him.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

WTF are you talking about?  :wacko:  I’m just telling you how it’s done down here.  When did I say anything about jumping in front of older more needy people?   They are at group 4 here in NC.  If you qualify, like I did, then should I sit home until we get the "all clear” that everyone who is older and more needy has been vaccinated?  Which we know will never happen.  JFC.  If group 4 is allowed then those who qualify should be able to go.   I just said there is no vetting process.  They don’t have the ability to do so.   Yet, again.  You used assumptions and ran with it.  

NC was also one of the worst states last year. So the faster they can get everyone vaccinated is probably for the better

Just now, bpac55 said:

yeah, I know he got beat from time to time but his attitude was great.  He loved playing for Philly and competed wherever they put him.  The finger wag was a bit much when he did it after a play he had no impact on but hey you have to have some attitude back there.  Don't understand the hate towards him.

He got burned a lot by the same technique. Though that's really on Schwartz leaving him on an island most of the time

Wouldn't surprise me if he plays a lot better in a new system

6 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

ahhhh so the Eagles new plan.  Let their players go to other teams who know how to use them, such as Nelson Agholor, then they can bring them back after one year and say look, great Eagles want to come back all while paying them a premium now that they have performed elsewhere!

Howie you sneaky SOB. 

Technically it is the players being sneaky.  Player sucks as an Eagle, goes to another team and performs, comes back to Eagles for premium dollars and then continues sucking.

Jalen Mills is a very underrated player and losing him is a big deal for the #Eagles. He was a leader in the locker room and could play all 5 secondary spots. Belichick clearly recognizes how good Mills is

3 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Jalen Mills is a very underrated player and losing him is a big deal for the #Eagles. He was a leader in the locker room and could play all 5 secondary spots. Belichick clearly recognizes how good Mills is

🤦‍♂️

21 minutes ago, greend said:

What beach you on?

Cape San Blas in Port St Joe, Florida. It’s decently secluded, so a perfect spot for social distancing. 

4 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

ESP you huge tool for once I agree with you.  The Eagles essentially just lost a starting corner and starting safety in Mills.  Everyone wants to hate on him but he was serviceable all over the defensive backfield.  I would have preferred him coming back as a full-time safety but now we have more holes to fill.

Safety is in ROUGH shape.  CB2 is non-existent. Slot is now back in the hands of Maddox who hit his ceiling as a rookie and has regressed every year since.  

Archived