EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

On 3/15/2021 at 2:24 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh I don't dispute that. I think Wentz did want to go. The thing there is... Why did Wentz want to go? And the answer to that leads back to Howie. 

Why, because he/they picked Hurts in the 2nd ? I think it was because Hurts LOOKED better than him. Watson being denied a trade that he is fervently demanding. Wentz the biggest $ write off in NFL history. And to think that Schwartz warned them CW was dogging it days before the extension

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh if I’m the bengals if i want slater i try to trade back. I believe they have to likely be before dallas at 10. I’m guessing someone like Carolina, Denver would move up to get a Qb if one was on the board. I think Carolina is going to try to move up for a QB i think most logical spots to do so are 3 or 5

Denver I don’t know if they go QB in trade up, think they’re more likely to go the vet route. Carolina HAS to get a QB soon.

52 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Interesting take 

I agree with the first part (offense in general is better). Not sure about the second. 

On 3/15/2021 at 2:50 AM, Ace Nova said:

I'm sure most in the Wentz camp would think that's the reason and it's easy to make Howie the scapegoat. 

The reality is that Wentz just wasn't "there" during the 2020 season and it resulted in his worst career year and him getting benched.  He then (supposedly) tells the team he wants "out".  

Had Wentz had a down but still "ok"  year, wasn't benched and the Eagle missed the playoffs, etc....and then he still requested a trade, then one could suspect that the reason is his relationship with the FO.  But that's not what happened.   If anything, Wentz being silent on the issue makes sense because there's no way he could point blame at the F.O. after the year he had and after the way everything played out.  

Why does a dog lick his ballz 

8 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Yeah they were only down 18-16 going into the 4th quarter of that game. That D is legit. 

Really, really hope Mailata is the answer at LT. He could hold his own against the likes of Young.

I hope so too. I don’t care if it’s Mailata or Dillard, actually probably preferably Mailata for cap reasons, but I just hope one of those two can prove they can man the LT spot for next few years. I don’t need them to be at an all pro or pro bowler level like JP or Lane, just good enough. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Bonus: I was at both games in person.

:facepalm:

Lol the Miami game was my first ever live Eagles game. That game sucked. But I loved how many Philly fans there was in Miami & met a ton of cool people. Also got really drunk so the loss didn’t take away the joy from my day. 

1 minute ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I hope so too. I don’t care if it’s Mailata or Dillard, actually probably preferably Mailata for cap reasons, but I just hope one of those two can prove they can man the LT spot for next few years. I don’t need them to be at an all pro or pro bowler level like JP or Lane, just good enough. 

I think Mailata has the possibility of playing at a Runyan level which would be fantastic all things considered 

1 minute ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Lol the Miami game was my first ever live Eagles game. That game sucked. But I loved how many Philly fans there was in Miami & met a ton of cool people. Also got really drunk so the loss didn’t take away the joy from my day. 

That's awesome man! My first live Eagles game was the PHI-MIA game in 2011 in Miami.

The tailgate was awesome. Like an extended family you never knew.

The Vick-led Eagles won that day, and you would have thought you were in Philly the way the crowd was cheering.

3 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

It was a game of two halves. First half was great cause they picked Fitzpatrick on the first play. Then there was the fake FG but they still managed to be ahead 14 after the first drive in the 3rd. It was all downhill after that.

The TB game was one of the worst games I’ve been too. It was blazing hot and the first play was a DeSean Jackson bomb for a TD on a blown assignment. Nothing went right after that. 

I was also at the last Lions game in 2019 with the Goedert and JJAW drops. I think I should just stop going to games. 

18 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Please don’t go to those games this year.... or maybe you should depending on circumstance. 

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It was a game of two halves. First half was great cause they picked Fitzpatrick on the first play. Then there was the fake FG but they still managed to be ahead 14 after the first drive in the 3rd. It was all downhill after that.

The TB game was one of the worst games I’ve been too. It was blazing hot and the first play was a DeSean Jackson bomb for a TD on a blown assignment. Nothing went right after that. 

I was also at the last Lions game in 2019 with the Goedert and JJAW drops. I think I should just stop going to games. 

I went to the McMahon vs. mccown eagles cardinals game in 2006. Also I went to 8 straight Road games were the Eagles lost each one of them. And The time the Eagles broke that streak Carson Wentz blew out his knee

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Please stop going to games. We will fund a GoFundMe  🤣

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I went to the McMahon vs. mccown eagles cardinals game in 2006. Also I went to 8 straight Road games were the Eagles lost each one of them. And The time the Eagles broke that streak Carson Wentz blew out his knee

You too. No more games.

27 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

And I was in Buffalo for him beating the Eagles in 2011

Though in that game the Eagles died by running back

Schwartz was always vulnerable to veteran QBs who could pick apart his soft zones.

Gannon will at least make those games interesting.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yikes. I was at the Eagles/Cardinals Thanksgiving game and the Dawkins jersey retirement when they successfully iced the Giants kicker so it hasn’t been all bad. 

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yikes. I was at the Eagles/Cardinals Thanksgiving game and the Dawkins jersey retirement when they successfully iced the Giants kicker so it hasn’t been all bad. 

I went to the cardinals game in philly the year they went to the super bowl. Just so happens had a conference in philly and the cardinals followed me back to philly. Lol. Changed the fortunes though. 3 game win streak seeing the eagles in person since. 

On 3/15/2021 at 3:01 AM, Alphagrand said:

The Colts have a real offense; the variable between getting the 1st round pick vs 2nd will be Wentz’s health, not ability.  I don’t see Reich or Ballard being stupid enough to waste their #53 pick to bring in another QB.  Wentz won’t be as accurate as Philip Rivers was, but he’ll be more prolific in the offense.

I’m curious to see if Howie will be able to get a 2022 1st round pick in exchange for #6.  Having three 1st round picks in the 2022 draft, where there will be a return to the full vesting and evaluation process for the draft class, would be really big toward a quicker turnaround.

I would think everybody else would be thinking similarly. Maybe if they feel that they can get the missing piece with #6 but then probably a late 1 in 2022. This year is probably going to be overscouted ... digitally.

Transforming #6 to a middish teens plus a mid 2 and 3 would then give us 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of which theoretically we could trade 2 of the 3’s for another mid 2nd so that would be 4 picks in about the top 50 plus a 3rd early to mid round

49 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I agree with the first part (offense in general is better). Not sure about the second. 

It’s not a strong OT draft; most of them (even Slater) project to OG in the NFL.  It’s a much better draft for S, and I would be quite happy if the Eagles got any of Moehrig, Grant, Holland or Nasirildeen.  Even Paris Ford later on looks not bad at all.

That LB people are trying to push as a first round pick, Owusu-Koramoah from Notre Dame, is definitely a safety as well.  No way in the world he’s an NFL LB at 210 lbs.

On 3/15/2021 at 9:41 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

Pumphrey went before Aaron Jones and Marlon Mack in the draft. Just because they stupidly took a short twig over them doesn’t make it a rule it’s hard to draft a RB replacement. You also don’t have to trade a pick for a guy with a degenerative knee you only on planning running into the ground and not giving a second contract. Same with Howard. 

And if Sanders in a rotation gets what you are saying he will it puts him at the same production as Aaron Jones minus the rushing TD’s. And since rushing TD’s are situational, that will mean nothing when it comes time to negotiate. He’s not going to put up similar stats as a guy who just got paid to be the #3-#4 richest RB but take less because he’s in a rotation. 

IMO if Sanders could be traded for a 2nd maybe even an early 3rd it would be the thing to do. I would then use the one of my 2nds on Javonte or the one of my 3’s on Westbrook-like Carter. If I also did a substantial tradeback in the 1st I’d want both Carolina guys, run us about $12mil for 4 years

2 hours ago, The guy in France said:

Why, because he/they picked Hurts in the 2nd ? I think it was because Hurts LOOKED better than him.

Hurts looked better than him after Hurts took over as starter. The issues with Wentz started at the beginning of the season. I think Wentz couldn't handle the Hurts pick or felt resentment towards people within the organisation for that pick. Now sure that puts a question mark on Wentz mentality but Howie should have known the impact a move like that would have had on Wentz.

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Please don’t go to those games this year.... or maybe you should depending on circumstance. 

He should keep going til Howie is fired. Then he should stay home. 

10 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d say Miami but i think they’d be dumb not to maximize pick 3. If you aren’t taking a QB at 3 i think there’s a team like Carolina or Denver who would move up to get one of the Jets stay at two and take Wilson. And you could name your price at that point. I think if atlanta would consider taking a QB that there’s teams willing to move to 3 to get fields or Lance. 

I think MIA goes Sewell unless they trade the pick for one reason or the other. We need another QB to go in front of us to have a shot at one of Chase or Pitts and I expect that to happen. Seems QB’s, Sewell and WR’s be the first 9 picks. Chase/Pitts or Bateman + 2nd + 3rd  ( if a mid teen team want’s our spot ) ? I dunno but probably won’t have the opportunity because I think there might be at least 2 trades in front of us especially if the Jets are sticking with Darnold

Regarding Fitzpatrick going to Washington.  Very smart move on their part.  With that defense, all they need is a game manager and that's exactly what Fitz.  Fitz to Logan Thomas is going to be a big time connection in 2021.

Archived