Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Don’t you get that Dillard is a weakling, but we need to use out 1st round pick on a 169 lb franchise WR who looks like he has Ethiopian heritage he’s so damn thin?

 

Yeah for sure, the strength needed for an offe sive lineman is very similar for a strength needed for a WR.  They are so similar and all, one position battling with defenders trying to get past them every single play and the other position running routes around the field. 

 

Also not even sure what that is directed at since I've been on board for a long time saying this team has other holes than WR and going WR/TE in the top 10 wouldn't be too wise.  At 12 they still should go CB or another position on defense but if they go WR I think Devonta Smith is the better option than Waddle. 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

He had a full offseason last year and the reports out of training camp weren't glowing. He was still getting tossed around by power rushes.  Then he tore his bicep which isn't helijg matters. Mailata was a 7th round lick because he never played the game before but he is a far more physically gifted and powerful player who now has expierence and has shown he can play.  Putting Dillard over him would be a mistake just for the purpose of trying to make a failed 1st round pick work. 

 

Mailata completely dwarfs him in size, strength and athleticism. 

 

OVCY4YIXKJHBFFHGQJQQ5RXXU4.JPG

 

There's no reason in my mind Dillard should be playing over Mailata other than Howie saving face on his first round pick.

Mailata is a better athlete anchors better is stronger in the run game all he lacks is experience and benching him isn't going to help him get better.

 

 

25 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

A guy like Josh Myers from OSU could be available at pick #84, possibly even 4th round.  6’5 and 312, 2-year starter at C but was an OG prior to that.  Somewhat versatile skills that Stoutland could work with.

I’d be fine if they wanted to use a 3rd on a guy like that. 37 seems a little too rich 

Apologies if already posted.  CTE ??

 

Stoutland pushed for Dillard, in Stoutland we trust. I doubt anyone tells Stoutland who to play, and Stoutland probably tells Howie who to keep.

How good is he, he's on his 3rd HC, nuff said.

Could Mailata play LG? Brooks is a big guy at RG and he's doing OK. There have been some 6'7 guards. He's certainly strong enough to handle DTs.

It'll be interesting how Stoutland uses people in TC.

If Lane is healthy (not worried about Brooks, he was practicing in December), Eagles may have the best OL in the NFL:  Mailata/Dillard - Seumalo - Kelce - Brooks -  Lane, Driscoll, Herbig, as your top 8 before the draft. We'll see about Pryor, Opeta, Juriga, Toth in camp.

3 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Stoutland pushed for Dillard, in Stoutland we trust. I doubt anyone tells Stoutland who to play, and Stoutland probably tells Howie who to keep.

Well if Stoutland is not being told, and he played Peters over Mailata, then I will lose trust in him.

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Well if Stoutland is not being told, and he played Peters over Mailata, then I will lose trust in him.

I can tell you for a fact that the reason Peters was benched for Mailata was because Stoutland lobbied Pederson to do it.  

  • Author
1 hour ago, Original Sin said:
Ian Rapoport
 
@RapSheet
· 3m
Nearly 150 NFL Draft prospects are currently in Indy for in-person medical exams and physicals for what is usually Combine re-checks. Half the group has scans today, full exams tomorrow. The other half has scans tomorrow, exams Saturday. Mostly top 3 rounds, plus medical risks

So the combine reverts back to its origins.

3 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

I can tell you for a fact that the reason Peters was benched for Mailata was because Stoutland lobbied Pederson to do it.  

If no one tells Stoutland what to do, why was Peters in the lineup in the first place ??  Mailata had played well enough at that point.

3 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

I can tell you for a fact that the reason Peters was benched for Mailata was because Stoutland lobbied Pederson to do it.  

Evidence?

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

If no one tells Stoutland what to do, why was Peters in the lineup in the first place ??  Mailata had played well enough at that point.

I don't know what Stoutland's opinion was on who should start at the beginning.  All I can tell you is that Pederson had no intention of making the switch until Stoutland convinced him.

4 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

Evidence?

I have a couple connections to the Eagles.  One to a player, one to the front office (no, I almost never receive intel before something happens though I knew a few days before it was announced that Peters was being benched for Mailata).  Most of what is told to me is after the fact.  For example, the evening of the Hurts pick I was told that it wasn't just to be Wentz's back-up but because the organization already had concerns about Wentz's durability and mentality.  Up to you whether you believe me or not.

20 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Could Mailata play LG?

I'll stop you right here: NO.

3 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

I have a couple connections to the Eagles.  One to a player, one to the front office (no, I almost never receive intel before something happens though I knew a few days before it was announced that Peters was being benched for Mailata).  Most of what is told to me is after the fact.  For example, the evening of the Hurts pick I was told that it wasn't just to be Wentz's back-up but because the organization already had concerns about Wentz's durability and mentality.  Up to you whether you believe me or not.

So you have no evidence to back up your "fact"....it is just an opinion....gotcha

 

5 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

I have a couple connections to the Eagles.  One to a player, one to the front office (no, I almost never receive intel before something happens though I knew a few days before it was announced that Peters was being benched for Mailata).  Most of what is told to me is after the fact.  For example, the evening of the Hurts pick I was told that it wasn't just to be Wentz's back-up but because the organization already had concerns about Wentz's durability and mentality.  Up to you whether you believe me or not.

Lol yeah okay

9 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

I don't know what Stoutland's opinion was on who should start at the beginning.  All I can tell you is that Pederson had no intention of making the switch until Stoutland convinced him.

Mailata had started multiple games and played well.  Then Peters came off IR week 8 and played 100% of the snaps at LT in week 8 and week 9.  

If that does not tell you that Stoutland was told to play Peters, I don't know what to tell you.  There was absolutely no reason to bench/more Mailata at that point.  He was the better player.

So either Stoutland was told what to do, or he is not the judge of talent that people say he is.

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If no one tells Stoutland what to do, why was Peters in the lineup in the first place ??  Mailata had played well enough at that point.

Mailata was struggling, and Peters the first two games he started at LT was better than Mialata, Then he injured his toe and went straight downhill.

Mailata was not playing well at that point, he had issues with footwork, getting beat inside, and blitz pickup.

Even at 38 a healthy Peters is a top ten LT, problem is he can't stay healthy more than a few games anymore.

At the time the Eagles were still in contention for a playoff slot, so they were going to play the player who gave them the best chance to win.

 

2 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

So you have no evidence to back up your "fact"....it is just an opinion....gotcha

Yeah sorry, I'm not posting pictures of my text messages on here.  Makes literally no difference to me whether you believe me or not.  

3 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Lol yeah okay

Cmon man, his sisters friends cousin was once at a Red Lobster when Donell Pumphrey came in for a meal.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Mailata had started multiple games and played well.  Then Peters came off IR week 8 and played 100% of the snaps at LT in week 8 and week 9.  

If that does not tell you that Stoutland was told to play Peters, I don't know what to tell you.  There was absolutely no reason to bench/more Mailata at that point.  He was the better player.

So either Stoutland was told what to do, or he is not the judge of talent that people say he is.

Oh that would definitely be my assumption as well.  I'm just trying to separate what I think from what I was told.  

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Cmon man, his sisters friends cousin was once at a Red Lobster when Donell Pumphrey came in for a meal.

That's fine, I'll keep it to myself if you guys aren't interested/don't believe me. 

7 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Mailata was struggling, and Peters the first two games he started at LT was better than Mialata, Then he injured his toe and went straight downhill.

Mailata was not playing well at that point, he had issues with footwork, getting beat inside, and blitz pickup.

Even at 38 a healthy Peters is a top ten LT, problem is he can't stay healthy more than a few games anymore.

At the time the Eagles were still in contention for a playoff slot, so they were going to play the player who gave them the best chance to win.

Mailata, 7 sacks allowed in 733 snaps ( 1st year as a full time starter )

Peters, 5 sacks allowed in 508 snaps ( future hall of famer with 15+ seasons )

 

3 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

That's fine, I'll keep it to myself if you guys aren't interested/don't believe me. 

If you are going to make the statement that you know someone, you gotta throw something out.  You can exclude the names, but there is a long list of posters that have a "connection" with the team and they have all been proven to be full of ish.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.