Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Waiting4Someday said:

When I was kid people were 'seeing' mountain lions on golf courses... imagine naming a team based on that context.

Either Mountain Lions or Demon Cats will be better than the name they end up choosing; you can bet your last dollar on that

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

Just go with Red Wolves or Red Tails and be done with it. This isn’t hard. 

34 minutes ago, The guy in France said:

I understand your logic but he will most likely be gone by 12 but Howie should have Johnson assess the 3 somewhat possible options as well as Hurts and see if he has any strong feelings on the matter. Could always just build the team and in a year or two attempt to lure ARod here over TB

Johnson coached Trask last year, so he'd have the inside track whether the kid has NFL potential.

Not someone to reach for, but if he slides . . .

  • Author
1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Just go with Red Wolves or Red Tails and be done with it. This isn’t hard. 

How about Redmen? :smoke:

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

How about Redmen? :smoke:

Red Devils

17 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_Cat

Some historical perspective on "Demon Cat."

"The Demon Cat (also referred to as D.C.) is the name given to the ghost of a cat which is purported to haunt the government buildings of Washington, D.C. in the United States."

I actually really like Demon Cat.

Then can even keep the song. "Hail to the kittens!  Hail victory! Kitties on the path!  Meow for all DC!"

 

I was watching TV the other night and the Seinfeld episode The Jimmy came on -- one of top 10 Seinfeld episodes of all time.  They put a viewer discretion message on prior to the program; my assumption is dealing with Kramer's portion.  Surprised the politically correct haven't gotten their way and had the episode banned yet:

giphy.gif

There seem to be a lot fewer prospect cut ups this year. All I’m finding on a lot of guys are highlight videos. 

Safest* not safety ya jerks.

Toney top 15 is not happening.

22 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Rookie throwing the ball as much as he was while he was clearly struggling.  Yet you blame him in his 3rd start and not the Lurie/Howie/Pederson pass happy initiative. 

Give Hurts a chance.  He's playing with a lesser deck than Wentz. 

You left out making excuses for poor, poor Carson. Woe is he

He is a awesome follow

 

If you’re constantly getting beat inside, you’re setting too wide or deep. Beaten around the edge too much? Might need to take one more kick. Sometimes it’s that simple
2 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

You know where he'd play, WIL and the sub packages.  Eric Kendricks not very big, Darius Leonard not very big, Patrick Queen didn't spend the season on roller skates - and the shark in water, c'mon.

He's 6'0 and 220 soaking wet though?   You don't spend a premium pick on a pure coverage WIL.  IDK what Gannon plans to do but I see JOK as a guy you add to round out a D (move around/tinker with/etc) not build a LB core around.  Now he's gonna always have beef in front of him to help keep him clean (I don't see this team ever not valuing a space eater in the middle of the DL), but he's not a guy you want consistently taking on blockers or filling gaps.  He's got a lot less sand in the pants than the players you listed above. 

Don't get this as me not liking him as a football player.  Perhaps Landon Collins, Peppers or Jenkins (kinda) type player is a better comparison?  Though he's more of a drag down vs heads up tackler.  If I'm going that route I'd rather entertain the prospect of Surtain and have a #2 CB till my S room clears out.  I think Surtain profiles as a top SS long term.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Lol

spacer.png

4 hours ago, austinfan said:

You can draft plenty of good skill people from the second to the fourth round.

Active receiving leaders (only those since 2010, given the changes in rules, etc) so we eliminate one or two year wonders - 6000+ yards:

PS:  notice all the TEs, guess they're more important than people realize to passing offenses?

J Jones #4

A Brown #195

Hopkins #27

D Thomas #22

AJ Green #4

Hilton #92

Olsen TE #31

Sanders #82

Gronkowski TE #42

Graham TE #95

Tate #60

Evans #7

Kelce TE #63

Dez #24

Allen #76

Landry #63

Cooks #20

Beckham #12

Cobb #64

Jeffrey #45

Adams #53

Baldwin UDFA

Woods #41

Cooper #4

Diggs #146

Ertz TE #35

M Jones #166

 

And, here it is!

49 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

There seem to be a lot fewer prospect cut ups this year. All I’m finding on a lot of guys are highlight videos. 

Could just leave it the redskins and change the logo to a potato 

22 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

He's 6'0 and 220 soaking wet though?   You don't spend a premium pick on a pure coverage WIL.  IDK what Gannon plans to do but I see JOK as a guy you add to round out a D (move around/tinker with/etc) not build a LB core around.  Now he's gonna always have beef in front of him to help keep him clean (I don't see this team ever not valuing a space eater in the middle of the DL), but he's not a guy you want consistently taking on blockers or filling gaps.  He's got a lot less sand in the pants than the players you listed above. 

Don't get this as me not liking him as a football player.  Perhaps Landon Collins, Peppers or Jenkins (kinda) type player is a better comparison?  Though he's more of a drag down vs heads up tackler.  If I'm going that route I'd rather entertain the prospect of Surtain and have a #2 CB till my S room clears out.  I think Surtain profiles as a top SS long term.

Leonard has played at 215

I think they should just leave it as Washington Football Team.

25 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

He's 6'0 and 220 soaking wet though?   You don't spend a premium pick on a pure coverage WIL.  IDK what Gannon plans to do but I see JOK as a guy you add to round out a D (move around/tinker with/etc) not build a LB core around.  Now he's gonna always have beef in front of him to help keep him clean (I don't see this team ever not valuing a space eater in the middle of the DL), but he's not a guy you want consistently taking on blockers or filling gaps.  He's got a lot less sand in the pants than the players you listed above. 

Don't get this as me not liking him as a football player.  Perhaps Landon Collins, Peppers or Jenkins (kinda) type player is a better comparison?  Though he's more of a drag down vs heads up tackler.  If I'm going that route I'd rather entertain the prospect of Surtain and have a #2 CB till my S room clears out.  I think Surtain profiles as a top SS long term.

Koramoah isn't an NFL LB; he's a box safety prospect.

Far better off waiting until the 3rd round and drafting Nasirildeen -- that way you get a 6'3, 215 lb player who can play down in the box, and with much better coverage and ball skills.  If an outside LB with coverage skills is the goal, trade back (or up) to the early 20s and draft Zaven Collins -- 6'4, 260 lbs and can run.

36 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Koramoah isn't an NFL LB; he's a box safety prospect.

Far better off waiting until the 3rd round and drafting Nasirildeen -- that way you get a 6'3, 215 lb player who can play down in the box, and with much better coverage and ball skills.  If an outside LB with coverage skills is the goal, trade back (or up) to the early 20s and draft Zaven Collins -- 6'4, 260 lbs and can run.

I disagree in most cases when people suggest moving small LBs to safety and big safeties to LB. There’s probably a reason they haven’t already played those positions. Not a fan of tweeners.

9 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

 

It important when you put together a team's draft scorecard that you provide league-wide context.  Need to consider how well other teams do with their first round DL picks before drawing a conclusion.

I'm not sure Cox makes it to the hall. He's got 6 pro bowls but only 1 all-pro

1 hour ago, Wentz_Era said:

He's 6'0 and 220 soaking wet though?   You don't spend a premium pick on a pure coverage WIL.  IDK what Gannon plans to do but I see JOK as a guy you add to round out a D (move around/tinker with/etc) not build a LB core around.  Now he's gonna always have beef in front of him to help keep him clean (I don't see this team ever not valuing a space eater in the middle of the DL), but he's not a guy you want consistently taking on blockers or filling gaps.  He's got a lot less sand in the pants than the players you listed above. 

Don't get this as me not liking him as a football player.  Perhaps Landon Collins, Peppers or Jenkins (kinda) type player is a better comparison?  Though he's more of a drag down vs heads up tackler.  If I'm going that route I'd rather entertain the prospect of Surtain and have a #2 CB till my S room clears out.  I think Surtain profiles as a top SS long term.

It seems taking on blockers is old school.  These days LBS run 4.4s. Now you're seeing 4.3s the last 2 years.  It's become a speed position where they run around blockers. 

I always used to look for the few guys in the draft that were adept at stack and shed. Scarce in draft prospects and when you found a guy in later round who could do it,  you knew you found a gem.

But prioritizing that caused me to hate guys like Leonard, Shazier, etc. When you miss on so many of those current day elite LBs, you gotta learn to adjust.  I don't care so much about that anymore.  Show me the guy with sideline to sideline speed who can cover, and still tackle well. Let me see him slip blocks rather than bust them, and I'm good. 

You can’t teach the things that make JOK so good , speed ,neck up stuff , and his instincts 

Yeah I don't think that Cox is headed to the Hall.  

12 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm not sure Cox makes it to the hall. He's got 6 pro bowls but only 1 all-pro

He’s no Julian Edelman 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.