Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

Howie would have had to add voidable years to sign him. 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

Apologies if already posted.  

 

The arm length alone will get Wade drafted higher than we thought. 

It’s also worth mentioning that we are in the pre-draft range that all smoke is BS.

Meeting with a prospect 5 times, chatter about interest 3 months ago...maybe some fire there.  
 

Anything new, now...sure, it could be legit, but it’s anyone’s guess.  Ratio of misinformation to real information is deliberately high.  

3 minutes ago, shlo said:

With all the picks. I'd rather find a team that's looking to move up in the draft and trade this year's 2nd for a 1st next year. Or this year's 3rd for a 2nd next year. 

Sounds good to me too.

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Howie would have had to add voidable years to sign him. 

The kid said he had interest from 20 teams 

20 minutes ago, austinfan said:

What's funny with all the whining over JJAW, wasn't Campbell the guy the scouts wanted (seems Metalf was off the board for medical reasons)?

Campbell in two years has 24 catches for 198 yards. JJAW has 14 catches for 254 yards. Lurie was right!

 

So you’re saying our scouts suck too?

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Lol. Man, I can’t even trust ESP to tweet accurately. That’s on me. 

No, you are okay I didn't realize that he wasn't counting certain gms

Finished the BwF podcast and they said specifically that Howie is sensitive to criticism and that their sources didn’t indicate that Lurie was. 

Attn @austinfan

 

Lol

 

 
When asked about potential contingency plans at the QB position, Texans GM Nick Caserio says: "I don't want to speculate... If you want to speculate, you should probably go buy Bitcoin and focus on that
1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

I kind of agree with him on Smith and really hope the Eagles don’t settle for him.  I am more of a Waddle fan but Waddle is a slot.  So much depth at slot in this draft, I hate to see 12 used towards a slot receiver.  Smith does have great hands and does run nice routes. That just doesn’t seem good enough for a 160 pound beanpole. 

I love Smith, he will be the exception to the slight WR, imo. I like Waddle  a lot as well. 

58 minutes ago, RLC said:

Depends. I would gladly pay #12 + Colts 3rd rounder to secure Chase or Smith. 

Also, there's a good chance we're trading down in RD2 in that scenario. IMO, there isn't a big difference between pick 30 and pick 45. 

 

Per the value chart they could get up to around 26 with their 2nd and the Colts 3rd.  Even higher if they use their own 3rd instead.  Every draft there are guys expected to go in the top half that drop down into the 20s.

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Apologies if already posted.  

 

Only see him trading back in the top 10 for one of 2 guys fall, Pitts or Chase. Or the dark horse is Surtain if they love him and think Dallas will take him. I dont buy  the QB pick as one guy thinks or anyone else. 

If Lurie is hellbent of firing away all day long then just go all in on the offense. Worst receiving core in the damn league. Go WR in round one, o-line round 2, and maybe trade up from round three for another damn WR or pass catching TE. 

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

The Eagles trading into 8-9 would be interesting.  

Question 1: What player do the Eagles not like enough to hang in there at 6, but like enough to trade up from 12?  Sure, Howie almost certainly traded back as a defensive maneuver under the assumption that certain players would be gone by 6.  But if he REALLY liked one of them, he probably would just hang in there at 6.

Question 2: I assume/hope all 2022 first round picks and #37 would be off the table in a trade up.  So what ammunition would Howie use to crack the top 10?  

I 100% support using our glut of mid round picks to trade up, but I figured the logical move was to go from #37 into late round 1.  Going a few spots from 12 to 8-9 can be pretty pricey and you need to be really in love with a player.  And if they are, then why trade out of #6 in the first place?

Strongly disagree with this.

I think Howie traded back because the value of a future first was simply overwhelming relative the drop off in talent from their 6th highest rated player to the 12th highest rated player.

That doesn’t mean they didn’t value someone greatly at #6. And if you can maneuver back up by giving away only a 3rd rounder, that’s a massive value win.

 

23 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Finished the BwF podcast and they said specifically that Howie is sensitive to criticism and that their sources didn’t indicate that Lurie was. 

Attn @austinfan

Honestly it was one of their best podcasts they’ve ever done. It was super informative and not off the rails as much 

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

 

That's an oddly worded tweet. I'm guessing he did something charitable for the recent Indy mass shooting?

Edit: nvm. Didn't see the date.

 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

 

To add context to this cause i was curious and read the responses

 

12 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

If Lurie is hellbent of firing away all day long then just go all in on the offense. Worst receiving core in the damn league. Go WR in round one, o-line round 2, and maybe trade up from round three for another damn WR or pass catching TE. 

See thats the most amazing part of this whole thing.  The disconnect between wanting desperately to be a dynamic passing offense... but also the complete and total inabity to identify WR talent... for the entirety of Lurie's tenure as owner.    

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That's an oddly worded tweet. I'm guessing he did something charitable for the recent Indy mass shooting?

Read in the responses. He alludes to more info coming out soon

29 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

 

I don't know him , but he seems like a good guy, honestly

33 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Finished the BwF podcast and they said specifically that Howie is sensitive to criticism and that their sources didn’t indicate that Lurie was. 

Attn @austinfan

Wouldn't you be sensitive to criticism, if you rebuilt two playoff teams, won a SB and people still said you "weren't a football man."

Lurie has too much pride in his franchise to be seen as a laughing stock, he'll still be involved but more behind the scenes than direct involvement.

I think a lot of this will go away with a true rebuild, with Doug and Schwartz gone (I wonder how much was the fact they were essentially co-HCs, and each probably cultivated people in the organization), Howie the key guy in the rebuild, and Sirianni more organized (i.e. Lowie will have more confidence in his judgement).

I keep going back to Stoutland, he had a lot of influence, which was a good thing, because he was competent when it came to judging personnel. Unfortunately, I can't think of any other coach in the old regime that you could say that about.

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

To add context to this cause i was curious and read the responses

 

It wouldn't matter if Jesus himself came down and said Carson didn't do anything wrong. Haters will not back pedal 

 

1 minute ago, greend said:

It wouldn't matter if Jesus himself came down and said Carson didn't do anything wrong. Haters will not back pedal 

 

Yup. 

 

But I do look forward to hearing the truth come out.  This dumpster fire didnt happen overnight.  It started on Feb 5, 2018... everyone seemed to think that they were the most important one, or they were the one most responsible.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.