Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Donnel Pumphrey ( #132 )

I bet this was a Jeffy Lurie pick.  i SaW hIm PlAy iN tHe SeNiOr BoWl!!!

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’ve made my decision. I will neither take it for what it’s worth nor have fun with it. 

Oh, it's gonna be fun. C'mon Small Ballz Mikey, let's have your info!  

 

 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

 

Because if he screws up this draft the fans will put his head in a vise.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

 

this guy is

captain.gif

4 hours ago, BigEFly said:

NDIrish’s new site is pretty good.  (Can’t remember who posted the link a few days ago, but thanks.) Nice to see Matt reviewing prospects again.  He had this on Surtain:

I noticed something on film that not many people talk about and it really worries me. I mentioned him being handsy. Let’s say you haven’t played football, but you’ve played basketball. You feel your opponent with your hands while boxing out, posting up or whatever. Surtain covers like that. When he doesn’t "have hands”, the results were consistent. He got beat.

Now I think Matt, exaggerated a bit with the end but he is right that when he got beat he had lost the receiver.  Surtain does hand check.  A lot of good CBs do that. He isn’t grabby, but he does feel for the receiver.  I hadn’t noticed this as much until Matt mentioned it.  

Check out his site  

https://jetrolot.com

Twas me who posted it.  I didn't realize he was doing a site these days either. 

39 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You can also draft bad skill people from the second to the fourth.  Heck,  you can draft bad skill people in the first.

JJ Arcega-Whiteside ( # 57 )

Mack Hollins ( # 118 )

Donnel Pumphrey ( #132 )

Josh Huff ( # 86 )

 

Which they have, Dillard & Reagor 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

 

ruh roh. Will this make Roseman more insistent on unilaterally making the early draft choices or will it make him more reliant on the board and scouts in order to get better results? Really don't want Howie "I am smarter than everyone else and see secret super qualities in players that will prove how smart I am" Roseman being even more motivated to make stupid draft picks.

5 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Because if he screws up this draft the fans will put his head in a vise.

If Jeff is telling him who to take I mean that changes everything. Lurie thinks he's some King Midas drafter.

We think it's bad now with Howie, what if Jeff promotes Halaby to GM

3 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

If Jeff is telling him who to take I mean that changes everything. Lurie thinks he's some King Midas drafter.

We think it's bad now with Howie, what if Jeff promotes Halaby to GM

I'd think Weidl would get the nod, he's higher on the pecking order. 

image.thumb.png.8dda3f13b3b285048b6581c279610b2b.png

1 minute ago, greendestiny27 said:

If Jeff is telling him who to take I mean that changes everything. Lurie thinks he's some King Midas drafter 

If there are obvious BPA choices at 12 and they reach for someone out of left field, disappointment will be an understatement.

Preparing for disappointment but hoping to be proven wrong. The life of an Eagles fan I suppose.

Just now, greend said:

image.thumb.png.8dda3f13b3b285048b6581c279610b2b.png

you might not want to have another cup of coffee...

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

 

Duh.  Unless the Eagles are a playoff winner this season, Jeff has the reason to fire or reassign Howie.  Howie got them out of the cap hell that he created by doing the same thing that got him there.  He has to have last seasons draft choices succeed and this season nail the draft or he’s gone or reassigned.  

22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

 

I think what we have seen so far in the offseason reflects a tightening of the the reins on Howie...getting under the cap and picking up some depth players. I really liked the trade back for a 1st next year. I think with the new coaching staff comes a wish list, and it is imperative for Howie to work more closely with the Sirianni et al to get players that fit their scheme. If Howie continues to go rogue and not be held accountable....good luck lining up any quality future coaches....I think he will get things right this year from a team and scouting perspective...

4 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

If there are obvious BPA choices at 12 and they reach for someone out of left field, disappointment will be an understatement.

Preparing for disappointment but hoping to be proven wrong. The life of an Eagles fan I suppose.

We're trading up to #8 for Barmore 

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'd think Weidl would get the nod, he's higher on the pecking order. 

In our world and what it should be yes, meanwhile Jeff is all about his ivy league analytical department. 

5 minutes ago, greend said:

image.thumb.png.8dda3f13b3b285048b6581c279610b2b.png

:nonono: No extra second next year (yeah, two thirds and otherwise a complete second draft, but that missing second is a black eye) and way too few 2023 picks. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

We're trading up to #8 for Barmore 

That would be an epic fail and shouldn't come as a surprise. Though I would say it's for Paye as the sleeper no one would want. 

1 minute ago, greendestiny27 said:

In our world and what it should be yes, meanwhile Jeff is all about his ivy league analytical department. 

On the last Inside the Birds, Mosher said he has heard during last years draft there was a separate Zoom channel for Lurie, Howie, Doug and Andy Weidl to talk away from the rest of the personnel in their virtual war room, so I think he holds some clout with Lurie if that's true. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

On the last Inside the Birds, Mosher said he has heard during last years draft there was a separate Zoom channel for Lurie, Howie, Doug and Andy Weidl to talk away from the rest of the personnel in their virtual war room, so I think he holds some clout with Lurie if that's true. 

Probably some, but I just think Jeff is out of touch. Weidl is the football guy and I can't see Lurie just letting him run the show. 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

We're trading up to #8 for Barmore 

 

13599702-B877-4FC5-AA0D-2AD447999CA1.gif

12 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

What position do you see JOK playing though?  He's a tweener to me.  He's gonna get his lunch stolen in nickel/dime sets.  The comp isn't perfect because JOK's football IQ is obviously better, but he's essentially Ernie Simms.   Great athlete but can't hold a lane, shed blocks or tackle when push comes to shove.

You know where he'd play, WIL and the sub packages.  Eric Kendricks not very big, Darius Leonard not very big, Patrick Queen didn't spend the season on roller skates - and the shark in water, c'mon.

9 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

:nonono: No extra second next year (yeah, two thirds and otherwise a complete second draft, but that missing second is a black eye) and way too few 2023 picks. 

Fat guys just wanna have fun

Well, he brought in the right coaching staff if he wants last year's draft to succeed, but it's not just the draft picks, they added a lot of UDFAs and SFAs with athleticism:

Huntley, Killens, Tate, Butler, T Jackson, Herbig, Toth, Opeta Juriga, Pierschbacher, R Williams, R Smith, Bachie, Jacquet, James, Arnold, Seymour, Hill, Houston, S Taylor, Epps, Riley.

If you hit on 2 or 3 of these guys, Wallace pushes for a starting job, Ridgeway stays healthy, Driscoll pushes for a OG spot, Dillard and Mailata both show they're NFL starter caliber at OT,  Reagor, Watkins, Hightower, Fulgham or JJAW step up, but most importantly, Hurts makes the big jump to competent starting QB, Howie will suddenly have "the golden touch."

That's what's always fueled our successful rebuilds, go back to AR in 2000, they pick up Walker and Al Harris on waivers, plug in UDFA Miller at C, Lewis SFA TE.

The key to rebuilding is usually some high picks, a few low picks, a couple UDFAs, a couple SFAs and when you're ready, buy 3-4 FA starters.

So as much as better drafting, I want to see better player development. Being able to coach up late round picks and UDFAs into credible NFL players is a big edge.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.