Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

Just now, EricAllenPick6 said:

It's unbelievable that Ja'Marr Chase unweighs Devonta Smith by 30 pounds.  He also runs a 4.38 40.  

He’s not the biggest WO either , starting to think if you want a receiving threat early , Pitts is the way to go

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Sources tell me Kadarius Toney will get drafted

image.gif.6042611b7b2675ea9e8dfe255ca0435a.gif

23 minutes ago, RLC said:

That is insane.

Jalen Reager 2.0

23 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I don't know about that.  Lurie's love for Howie runs deep. It's almost like Lurie is holding Howie's arms out while on the Titanic while "My Heart Will Go On" plays.

"Paint me like one of your French girls"

Titanic.png

16 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I’ve heard that Howie is calling the Falcons about the #4 overall pick so he can trade back up to take Kadarius Toney 

But the real question is, Can he talk ball?

32 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I don't think Lurie expects to make the playoffs the next two seasons.

Rather, what he wants to see are a lot of young players arriving and succeeding. You're not going to hit on every draft pick, but the Eagles need a repeat of 2012-2013:

2012:  Cox (12), Kendricks (46), Curry (59), Foles (88), Kelly OT (153)

2013:  Lane (4), Ertz (35), Logan (67), Barkley (98), Poyer (218)

plus Cedrich Thornton UDFA, Tobin (UDFA)

Yeah, but..... The strategy has always been fill holes in free agency and draft towards the future. They have been in at least a retool since the 2019 draft.  And some of that retooling failed, some worked. Consider, for example, QB.  Sudfeld did not take the step up to Foles level so they UFA with McCown to fill holes and grab Hurts last year. Hurts’ floor was a Foles level #2, his ceiling is starter level, so they let Sudfeld walk and signed Flacco as a bandaid #2.  (I do think they looked at QB candidates this year and realized if Hurts was in the draft this year, he would have been rated from #2 QB to #4 QB). But they do find themselves in need of a developmental Foles level at the least in the next two years.  

The retool players are obvious.  Dillard for JP, JJAW for Jeffery, Reagor for DJax, Hurts for Foles, Sweat for Chris Long, Wallace for Jenkins with Mills as the filler, Taylor for Gerry or Riley etc.  Those retools need to produce and Howie is on the hot seat for those.  The holes compounded by the decision to keep the band together so the retool is in full rebuild.  I don’t think Jeff expects the playoffs this year but I also don’t think with the weakest schedule in the NFL that he accepts four wins or less two years in a row without significant strides from those retools and the eleven draft choice rebuild step this year.  

48 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Former players aside, who is the safety Eagles jersey to buy?

Wallace. At the least he is the third S and more likely the strong S.  

Weird. 

Lol

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Weird. 

I wonder if somethings up with his medical red flag

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Weird. 

Lol

Interesting they're trying to incorporate D.C. Honestly, I don't hate it. Sounds like an XFL team name, but I don't hate it.

Demon cats ? Awful 

On 4/16/2021 at 2:46 AM, TEW said:

I agree.

And it’s difficult/expensive to get that high. So when you have the chance to add a player with the upside to warrant that selection while also adding an extra first round pick, you do it, because it is the best of all worlds.

I understand your logic but he will most likely be gone by 12 but Howie should have Johnson assess the 3 somewhat possible options as well as Hurts and see if he has any strong feelings on the matter. Could always just build the team and in a year or two attempt to lure ARod here over TB

6 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Interesting they're trying to incorporate D.C. Honestly, I don't hate it. Sounds like an XFL team name, but I don't hate it.

It sounds like an Arena League team founded in 1994. 

6 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Interesting they're trying to incorporate D.C. Honestly, I don't hate it. Sounds like an XFL team name, but I don't hate it.

Washington **** Chuggers ... I got the D.C. in there also

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

It sounds like an Arena League team founded in 1994. 

With the rule changes, jersey number changes, soon to be elimination of the 3 pt stance, my brain has already accepted that tacky team names and jerseys are coming. As tacky as it is, Demon Cats is nowhere near as bad as it could be.

20 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I wonder if somethings up with his medical red flag

There are red flags of "I don't want to watch the guy I cleared play 6 games on his new contract" and then there are red flags of "I don't want to watch the guy I cleared die on the field."

14 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Demon cats ? Awful 

Marketing to 7-year olds... and I was just getting used to reading WFT, not as WTF.

On 4/16/2021 at 3:21 AM, NCiggles said:

I mean how many starters in the NFL aren't 1st round picks? I think there will likely only be like 6 teams going into the season without a first round pick as a starter. 

Brady, HURTS, Fitz, Dak, Cousins, Wilson, Garropolo, Carr and Lock so 9 but a couple of these could change in a couple of weeks

  • Author
22 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Demon cats ? Awful 

I guess they hadn't run it by the Church yet.
 

Demon Cats, an easy transition

Joe Bugel, The Founder Of 'The Hogs,' Leaves Lasting Mark On Washington  Redskins History

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_Cat

Some historical perspective on "Demon Cat."

"The Demon Cat (also referred to as D.C.) is the name given to the ghost of a cat which is purported to haunt the government buildings of Washington, D.C. in the United States."

WFT has grown on me , kinda old school 

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

If you have some extra waistline, I'd invest in a Kelce or Cox jersey now.  You can wear it when you go to Canton in about 8-10 years.

If your still in shape, I'd wait for the draft to conclude.  Unless you need one right now, then I'd go with Graham.

 

It's really a sad statement that we don't have anyone under 25 years old that is a sure thing to be a fixture on the team for at least five more seasons.

Mailata?

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_Cat

Some historical perspective on "Demon Cat."

 

"Founded in 2006, the DC DemonCats are one of Washington, D.C.'s four roller derby home teams."

2 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_Cat

Some historical perspective on "Demon Cat."

"The Demon Cat (also referred to as D.C.) is the name given to the ghost of a cat which is purported to haunt the government buildings of Washington, D.C. in the United States."

When I was kid people were 'seeing' mountain lions on golf courses... imagine naming a team based on that context.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.