EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Per Dale Arnold 

What I’ve been told, by a reliable source —- @Patriots are working on a new contract for Jimmy G that could lead to a deal with @49ers. Same source who correctly told me Tom Brady had signed with @Buccaneers. Doesn’t mean it will get done, but they’re working on it

So if CAR, DEN, and NE are out of the QB market, that means only 3 QBs are going to go in the top 10. WAS and CHI might look to trade up in the 13-15 range.

Teddy Bridgewater doesn’t eliminate the Broncos need at QB. They can still take one.

14 minutes ago, RLC said:

Watching it live now, we miss out on both corners who are gone by 10. 

18 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Teddy Bridgewater doesn’t eliminate the Broncos need at QB. They can still take one.

They could, but they won't.  They might one more open to trading down though, which would allow some other team to jump up and take a QB.

Eagles are not picking at 12. They move up for a CB or fall back and collect more picks this year/next.

5 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Eagles are not picking at 12. They move up for a CB or fall back and collect more picks this year/next.

Sure they are.

Kwity Paye.

Just now, Swoop said:

Sure they are.

Kwity Paye.

They won’t do us like that 

11 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Eagles take DE Jayson Oweh at 12.

Book it!

It seems like you just read my official picks in the master of the draft thread.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How many White Claws you hammering back tomorrow night during the draft?   

Ain’t no laws when you’re drinkin claws 

9 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I think the absolute safest pick Howie could make is Slater. He should do that. 

It’s the pick I expect at this point assuming he’s available. OT is always a priority, potentially he is a franchise LT, and the expected downside is basically a pro bowl level guard.

That’s probably the best risk/reward proposition in the draft. I’m starting to think he goes top 10 though.

29 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It seems like you just read my official picks in the master of the draft thread.

I was going to take your answers, but then I decided I'd rather be right.  :P

Tony Pauline says Paye could be our surprise pick. 😂 Says Howie likens Paye to Graham.

Just now, schuy7 said:

Tony Pauline says Paye could be our surprise pick. 😂 Likens Paye to Graham.

Some surprise.  I just predicted that in the official thread.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

I was going to take your answers, but then I decided I'd rather be right.  :P

I have never won. Though I have at least moved on to round 2 I decided to get a little crazy with a few of the picks. But Im still not buying Paye. I dont expect so much smoke around the eagles pick to actually be accurate. It could mean its a DE, but people arent going to have the player nailed down 2 days before.

I considered Phillips and Ojalari in my picks but injuries and lack of fit factored them out for me. That left Oweh as the surprise. Howie (or maybe it was Douglas) appears to like PSU players. And Oweh has the workout to earn the hype that Paye is somehow getting. If there is a surprise DE to be picked higher than expected Id expect it to be Oweh.

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

Tony Pauline says Paye could be our surprise pick. 😂 Likens Paye to Graham.

yeah. Except Graham was a spectacular college player. Im not buying it at all.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

yeah. Except Graham was a spectacular college player. Im not buying it at all.

I agree.  I loved Graham that year.  I was one of the few.   I am also predicting a trade back at 12 to take Paye.

People don't remember how explosive Graham was in college. He was never the same physically after the microfracture surgery. 

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

People don't remember how explosive Graham was in college. He was never the same physically after the microfracture surgery. 

He was a beast.  Lots of sacks, and even more TFLs.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  Just no.  Don’t allow yourself to rationalize Paye. 

He was talking about Graham... not Paye.    I don't like Paye in Round 1 for this team, but the game isn't what would you do... its who will they pick.

Gregory Rousseau = JPP

Kwity Paye = BG

Give me Rousseau if we are reaching for a DE. 

Archived