Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

It’s worth noting that Zach Berman is probably the most reserved and conservative reporter on the beat. I seriously doubt he’d attach himself to a clickbait article.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It’s worth noting that Zach Berman is probably the most reserved and conservative reporter on the beat. I seriously doubt he’d attach himself to a clickbait article.

100%

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

"This was not just us calling up a couple people who had been fired, and them venting, and then them having an axe to grind. This was a two-month process where, I don’t know what the final number was it. It was in the dozens of people we talked to. We were trying to paint a fair picture.”

So... we’re the Cowboys before Jerry’s son got control. That’s concerning 

Wait, so they're going to require vaccinations for fans but not for players? 

1 minute ago, Giddyunc said:

Fans don’t have a union to give them bad advice 

11 minutes ago, blindside said:

So... we’re the Cowboys before Jerry’s son got control. That’s concerning 

What a more concerning is Lurie's son already has his own mini-Howie in place with Halaby. 

2 minutes ago, Giddyunc said:

As a fan Id rather take one tiny needle and be done with it rather than the rigorous testing protocol the players have to repetitively go through. That test sucks. Needle much easier to take. 

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Fans don’t have a union to give them bad advice 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

As a fan Id rather take one tiny needle and be done with it rather than the rigorous testing protocol the players have to repetitively go through. That test sucks. Needle much easier to take. 

So is the nfl going to require all coaches, staffs, and general employees to get the vaccine?

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

I am not an Alabama fan in the slightest, but this is a problem.  Why are we not drafting players from the best programs.

They drafted Freddie Milons in 2002, what more do you want?

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

They will still likely be tested.  

4 minutes ago, Giddyunc said:

So is the nfl going to require all coaches, staffs, and general employees to get the vaccine?

Yes, if they want all access to the team unless they have a legit health/religion excuse.

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

They will still likely be tested.  

yes. because they arent being forced to take the vaccine...

I repeat- I would much rather have that 1 tiny needle that you dont even feel, rather than repetitive nasal swabbing.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yes, if they want all access to the team unless they have a legit health/religion excuse.

And what if they have said health/religion excuse?

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

yes. because they arent being forced to take the vaccine...

I repeat- I would much rather have that 1 tiny needle that you dont even feel, rather than repetitive nasal swabbing.

I repeat - If they were all required to get the vaccine they would likely still continue to be tested regularly. 

5 minutes ago, Giddyunc said:

I think they already said no. 

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

I repeat, I'd they were all required to grt the vaccine they would likely still continue to be tested regularly. 

probably not.

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

probably not.

Why wouldn't they? 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

So the person serving me an overpriced beer doesn't have to be vaccinated, but the fans will be. 

Just now, Giddyunc said:

So the person serving me an overpriced beer doesn't have to be vaccinated, but the fans will be. 

Oh I see. I dont know about stadium staff. Just saw the tweet about not requiring players.

I would think they would/could make their staff vaccinate. Im not sure they are unionized like the players are. 

34 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

"This was not just us calling up a couple people who had been fired, and them venting, and then them having an axe to grind. This was a two-month process where, I don’t know what the final number was it. It was in the dozens of people we talked to. We were trying to paint a fair picture.”

His interview yesterday on WIP was super insightful to what they found out and he explained it better than the written version could. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

His interview yesterday on WIP was super insightful to what they found out and he explained it better than the written version could. 

So if that article is spot on, which I'm assuming it is because of the reputable reporters, the Eagles true hierarchy is 1) Jeffrey Lurie, 2) his son that most likely didn't deserve to even get into Harvard, 3) his son's nerd friend from Harvard, then 4) Howie.   

Makes sense to me.  This is exactly how I would run my multi-billion dollar business.  Keep all the scouts and football guys as far away as possible.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Giddyunc said:

And what if they have said health/religion excuse?

I dunno 

16 minutes ago, Giddyunc said:

The person serving you a beer is not an employee of the NFL or the Eagles.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hputenis said:

So if that article is spot on, which I'm assuming it is because of the reputable reporters, the Eagles true hierarchy is 1) Jeffrey Lurie, 2) his son that most likely didn't deserve to even get into Harvard, 3) his son's nerd friend from Harvard, then 4) Howie.   

Makes sense to me.  This is exactly how I would run my multi-billion dollar business.  Keep all the scouts and football guys as far away as possible. 

This dude oozes football guy

image.jpeg.681d4cfe9202fe25171d041435ebd843.jpeg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This dude oozes football guy

image.jpeg.681d4cfe9202fe25171d041435ebd843.jpeg

If he's crushing that chick with the Eagles jersey and Motley Crue haircut, he's oozin more than football.  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, hputenis said:

If he's crushing that chick with the Eagles jersey and Motley Crue haircut, he's oozin more than football.  

The only thing crushing in this pic are that girls chompers.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3