EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

So 5 QBs are likely  to go... after that... 

Sewell, Slater, Chase, Pitts, Waddle Smith, Parsons... 

The Eagles will be able to get 1 of those 7 players. I’m happy with either. Don’t care about position. 

2 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Every year I really look forward to the 1st preseason game, and then it starts and I realize it’s preseason football. The draft is similar, I love thinking about it - but the event is mostly a really boring guy reading names in a really boring way. I mean there is some excitement to punctuate hours of crowd shots, but... that’s why you have the internet (or in better days a bar where you lose track of all that dead time). 

I enjoy it aside from the sob stories. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guarantee whoever we pick won’t be as good as Pitts, a very thick sturdy almost unbreakable limb.

if it’s Waddle or Slater  that’s fine but anything else will be meh as per the usual around here. 

If he’s BPA after the top 2 QB’s where should he be drafted, in the 2nd - 3rd round?    This isn’t the Eagles taking Keith Jackson who had what 23 catches in college, Pitts is the only guy in this draft that almost every draft guru agrees is a HOF talent.  
 He’s a half step slower than Megatron, with equal hands, dude spent two years catching garbage from Trask.  You can grab coffee, and eat a Wawa breakfast sandwich waiting on most of his passes longer than 20 yards. 

44 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wouldn’t say no chance. I think Matt Lombardo who covers the team had waddle as one of the guys they’d go after if available. Also Jordan raanan alluded to both smith and waddle as a strong possibility. And you have this giants beat reporter 

Slay, Waddle, Sheppard, Galloday, Saquan, Engram, Ross, Rudolph, Booker... Not too shabby 

5 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Every year I really look forward to the 1st preseason game, and then it starts and I realize it’s preseason football. The draft is similar, I love thinking about it - but the event is mostly a really boring guy reading names in a really boring way. I mean there is some excitement to punctuate hours of crowd shots, but... that’s why you have the internet (or in better days a bar where you lose track of all that dead time). 

1st and 2nd round are fun, it starts to lose its appeal around middle of the 3rd round for me. Day 3 of the draft I’m in and out of naps while it’s on the tv

2 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I enjoy it aside from the sob stories. 

You mean the puff pieces where they talk about overcoming hardship or whatnot? Yeah, I can’t even say I’m even listening to that stuff - maybe the analytics says the wife/girlfriend tunes into that🤷

2 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Slay, Waddle, Sheppard, Galloday, Saquan, Engram, Ross, Rudolph, Booker... Not too shabby 

Engram is a FA at years end i tend to think they let him walk. But for this upcoming year it would be ridiculous. I actually think smith would be a nicer fit with slayton and galladay. Both are big play type receivers. Galladay with his size and slayton with his speed. I think smith can do some of that big play but would be incredibly hard to cover in the slot with those two. 

2 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

1st and 2nd round are fun, it starts to lose its appeal around middle of the 3rd round for me. Day 3 of the draft I’m in and out of naps while it’s on the tv

The draft is fun, you just have be realistic and have another activity going.

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah it was really good. Better than wandavision imo. I think Loki could wind up being the best out of all three simply cause Loki’s character imo has more angles and ways to go. 

Wandavision was an attempt at something different. It was good for what it was but still felt kinda lacking at the end. I applaud Marvel for trying something different but I was left feeling underwhelmed. I do like where it’s heading though. 

Loki should be excellent. I always felt that the character was underrated and got lost behind the main characters. He’s gonna get a chance to shine in his own series. I’m expecting it to be one of the best Marvel series yet. 

Just now, jwill2420 said:

Wandavision was an attempt at something different. It was good for what it was but still felt kinda lacking at the end. I applaud Marvel for trying something different but I was left feeling underwhelmed. I do like where it’s heading though. 

Loki should be excellent. I always felt that the character was underrated and got lost behind the main characters. He’s gonna get a chance to shine in his own series. I’m expecting it to be one of the best Marvel series yet. 

Yeah i felt wandavision was very underwhelming at the end and it also took a while to get into the overall story line. I am excited for Wanda’s connection to the new dr. Strange movie. 

i think there’s so much they could do with Loki. So many avenues and directions with his character. Plus he plays that role so great. 

would actually love to see marvel do an x men mini series before rebooting the whole X-men series. I actually think fantastic four would also benefit from that when they do that reboot. 

18 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I agree with every word you say.  I am always so amped for the first preseason game and 10 minutes in you're like, oh right - preseason football sucks.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah i felt wandavision was very underwhelming at the end and it also took a while to get into the overall story line. I am excited for Wanda’s connection to the new dr. Strange movie. 

i think there’s so much they could do with Loki. So many avenues and directions with his character. Plus he plays that role so great. 

would actually love to see marvel do an x men mini series before rebooting the whole X-men series. I actually think fantastic four would also benefit from that when they do that reboot. 

Only saw Wandavision, thought it was ok. Still have to see FWS.  Loki looks better than all because imo the other series had some of the more underwhelming characters and Loki is a really good character as base

1 hour ago, schuy7 said:

Don't like the idea of having your pick dictated for you. Not all of the players who are picked in the 12 range will end up working out as we know. Get the guy you like the most.

I dislike this mentality. It assumes that GMs are able to be better than other GMs at selecting players. History tells us this is false.

Why is Ozzie Newsome (Baltimore) so good? They just take the best player on the board. They only really deviate for QBs, which is a unique position. 

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

That injury was bad, ruined his career.

I didn't watch much of him post injury to see how it effected his already mediocre arm, but that is one smart kid on the field either way.  Chad Pennington had a semi successful career.  Just needs the right circumstances.

21 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Yeah as I said yesterday I don't watch anymore just follow online and chat while the picks come in.  Have no interest in seeing the talking heads kill time on air

Ozzie is no longer GM , even so his last few years , he was not very good with the draft , Ravens fans couldn’t wait for him to go 

and teams don’t really take bap, they take bap at a position of need .

2 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Only saw Wandavision, thought it was ok. Still have to see FWS.  Loki looks better than all because imo the other series had some of the more underwhelming characters and Loki is a really good character as base

You’ll like FWS better than wandavision. There’s some good twists in it and the end builds into I’m guessing captain America 4. 

frankly i kind of hope if Chris Evans ever wants back into the role they do a movie of his travel to return the infinity stones and meeting up with Peggy  

3 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

IMO, Surtain has the highest floor.

AND....Paye has the lowest ceiling of that group.

I could understand picking Paye over Horn (handsy CB).  But not over the three dudes from Tuscaloosa.

At what position?  Surtain as a S and JOK as who knows I think have the best potential on the defensive side of the ball if they're in the right situations from this draft.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah I’m hoping for X-men reboot as well. I thought the new mutants movie was awful. 🤮 Was one of the few times I was counting the minutes to get to the ending for it to be over. 

6 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

FWS was very good. Recommend it. Only problem with Loki is we have to wait til June 11th

2 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Taking Paye at 12 will be like Barnett in 2017 all over again for me. I hated the Barnett pick, I really wanted CMC/Lattimore or Hooker that year.

Looking back it wasn’t a bad pick, Barnett has been a decent starter when healthy & was a contributor in SB season. 

I still really hope it’s not Paye

He had the strip sack in the NFCCG and got blocked into a fumble recovery in the SB, that was his highlights of his rook season.  We also got the glimpses of the walking penalty he is that year.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Coming from the guy who admitted not watching college football.  Hmmmm.   

You stop obsessing about Nick’s D yet?  

5BDFB50C-7500-48B0-8A6C-AD8A55072E9B.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Ozzie is no longer GM , even so his last few years , he was not very good with the draft , Ravens fans couldn’t wait for him to go 

and teams don’t really take bap, they take bap at a position of need .

I’d say BAP at a position of priority.

Some teams go for need and check boxes on the depth chart.

Most usually go for want.  Want isnt the same as BAP.  Teams want field stretching WRs, double digit sack masters on the edge, bookend tackles, and shut down cbs.  Anyone with the slim possibility of projecting as that will be drafted ahead of better players at other positions.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Don’t be silly.  He’s got plenty of talent and speed to play corner at the next level.  

He's got a brain, speed, talent and technique...what he doesn't have is fluid hips.  He's absolutely amazing if the play is in front of him and he can read things.  I stay strong on my eyes telling me he doesn't naturally feel in coverage without contact.  I think he's a Jenkins/Minkah type player at the NFL level.  

7 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Yeah as I said yesterday I don't watch anymore just follow online and chat while the picks come in.  Have no interest in seeing the talking heads kill time on air

The chitter chatter is aimed at a different audience. A lot people in here have been talking draft for months - they aren’t going to get much from a 15 second thumbnail rattled off by Mel Kiper and associates. I kinda wish the name cards flipped like family feud and the interval was just highlights.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Fight me bro 

Combat waiver? hahaha

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

BTW.  You need to change your name.  Can I make a suggestion?  

QB Factory_Era

I know!  I thought with the switch to the Foles one full time leading to the SB after Wentz's injury this would have had the same magic!  Who do I need to perform favors on to change it?  Lol

Archived