EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, Dwide Schrude said:

Read the rumor that Dolphins will take Waddle, leaving Chase available at 7. Eagles should certainly see about trading up with DET depending on the cost, but there’s no way DET would pass on Chase, right?

DET only has six picks in this draft, they could be enticed. Gonna take both 3rds probably.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Read the rumor that Dolphins will take Waddle, leaving Chase available at 7. Eagles should certainly see about trading up with DET depending on the cost, but there’s no way DET would pass on Chase, right?

Yep, wouldn’t shock me if Waddle goes 6 to Mia.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

My preference would be Waddle but it depends on what the price is to move up. I also factor in if he's there at 8 or 9, there's probably a good chance he makes it to 12. Denver and Dallas aren't taking him, Giants wouldn't make sense to take him, so you are basically just risking one of Denver or Dallas trading back.

I also think he could go #6 or #7 which would make all this moot.

I wouldn’t say no chance. I think Matt Lombardo who covers the team had waddle as one of the guys they’d go after if available. Also Jordan raanan alluded to both smith and waddle as a strong possibility. And you have this giants beat reporter 

39 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I would want another pick back from Denver if Dillard is included.  12 and Dillard for 9 and 71

I don’t have any perticular reason but I wanna hold on to Dillard. Other than a gut feeling he could turn it around is all I’m going on. 

3 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Probably not, and that might just mean Chase went #5

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

DET only has six picks in this draft, they could be enticed. Gonna take both 3rds probably.

That’d be worth it IMO. Basically give up 2 3rds & gain one first to move down one spot & still land Chase.

Eagles have a ton of picks next/this year, they could still find ways to fill up the roster. 

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

We will either take Paye, or Devonta Smith will fall and we take him, and then he gets broken in half by an NFL safety and never recovers.

If Paye is who we get at 12 I’m pissed tomorrow night. 

2 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

I don’t have any perticular reason but I wanna hold on to Dillard. Other than a gut feeling he could turn it around is all I’m going on. 

How though? Mailata is gonna be the LT, we know Dillard cannot play RT to save his life. I don't see a place for him in this team.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Probably not, and that might just mean Chase went #5

I’m not convinced Cincy goes with Chase. They really need to go OL & Sewell/Slater are too good to pass up. 

Giants have Darius Slayton, an immensely talented WR, just gave Golladay a lot of money, and signed John Ross as a still very talented speedster lottery ticket. 

I love speed and I love WR, but Waddle feels so unnecessary for a team with a lot of holes.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wouldn’t say no chance. I think Matt Lombardo who covers the team had waddle as one of the guys they’d go after if available. Also Jordan raanan alluded to both smith and waddle as a strong possibility. And you have this giants beat reporter 

My no chance was Denver and Dallas. NY Giants I guess could but it would make even less sense then Dallas taking CeeDee Lamb. They already have Slayton, Sheppard and now Golloday. They need IOL.

I’m not convinced Cincy goes with Chase. They really need to go OL & Sewell/Slater are too good to pass up. 

Agreed, but "Cincinnati Bengals"

Could see the Giants trading back for AVT. And with a team flying up to get a WR or CB.

Any of you morons still not want Davonta Smith? He’d make this team so much better. I don’t care if he’s 100lbs 

1 minute ago, Iggles25 said:

Could see the Giants trading back for AVT. And with a team flying up to get a WR or CB.

I don't see Gettleman trading back. Hasn't ever yet and with the comments about how he "won't get fleeced" make it unlikely. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

My no chance was Denver and Dallas. NY Giants I guess could but it would make even less sense then Dallas taking CeeDee Lamb. They already have Slayton, Sheppard and now Golloday. They need IOL.

I could see them moving on from Shepard at the end of the year so i wouldn’t be shocked. I actually think smith makes more sense for them then waddle. I think if you have galladay and slayton on the outside then can utilize smith inside the slot where i think he could be super dangerous if Daniel jones doesn’t suck. 

i tend to agree OL would be the way I’d go with that roster or pass rusher but i think pass rusher there’s not one worthy of 11. And slater would have to be there imo for them to go OL. I actually think the giants of fields or lance falls is a perfect spot to trade out of. I think dallas wants to stay at 10 cause a corner will be there. Denver and Carolina could hurt the giants if they want to move out and a QB falls 

I have to say, ever since I started closely following the draft in 2010, this has to be the draft I’m most excited for. Everything is so unpredictable & I have no idea what to expect after the 1st pick. I still think there’s a chance Jets shock everyone & draft Fields. 

This is what I love about the draft. The mystery, the shock, the confusion, the drama. The first round of 2021 draft should have plenty of it. I cannot wait

2 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I have to say, ever since I started closely following the draft in 2010, this has to be the draft I’m most excited for. Everything is so unpredictable & I have no idea what to expect after the 1st pick. I still think there’s a chance Jets shock everyone & draft Fields. 

This is what I love about the draft. The mystery, the shock, the confusion, the drama. The first round of 2021 draft should have plenty of it. I cannot wait

Can't wait to watch those tweets pop up!

3 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Can't wait to watch those tweets pop up!

I’m staying off internet for the draft. I don’t want anything spoiled. I’m going into this just like circa 2014 watching a new Game of Thrones episode. I want zerooooo spoilers 

I’m staying off internet for the draft. I don’t want anything spoiled. I’m going into this just like circa 2014 watching a new Game of Thrones episode. I want zerooooo spoilers 

Good reference - I know exactly where you stand.

4 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I tried to avoid spoilers for the falcon and the winter soldier until all 6 episodes came out so i could binge it. It’s super hard nowadays to avoid anything like that. 

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I tried to avoid spoilers for the falcon and the winter soldier until all 6 episodes came out so i could binge it. It’s super hard nowadays to avoid anything like that. 

Loved FWS. Can’t wait for Loki!

2 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Loved FWS. Can’t wait for Loki!

Yeah it was really good. Better than wandavision imo. I think Loki could wind up being the best out of all three simply cause Loki’s character imo has more angles and ways to go. 

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Every year I really look forward to the 1st preseason game, and then it starts and I realize it’s preseason football. The draft is similar, I love thinking about it - but the event is mostly a really boring guy reading names in a really boring way. I mean there is some excitement to punctuate hours of crowd shots, but... that’s why you have the internet (or in better days a bar where you lose track of all that dead time). 

Archived