EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Picking a TE at #4 is also stupid, it doesn't make taking one at #6 any less stupid.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guarantee whoever we pick won’t be as good as Pitts, a very thick sturdy almost unbreakable limb.

if it’s Waddle or Slater  that’s fine but anything else will be meh as per the usual around here. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

If Denver needs O-Line.  12 and Dillard. 

Use Ertz to trade up from 37.

I would want another pick back from Denver if Dillard is included.  12 and Dillard for 9 and 71

3 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

Yeah I wasn't pissed about the Barnett pick either.   I was happy it was defense but I just didn't expect them to go that particular route. 

I'll be pissed this time though if it's not a CB or WR.  Those are both too glaring of a weakness to me. 

I go back and forth on WR and CB having to be the pick at 12. Because at WR the new offensive coaching staff seems to have the credentials of developing WR nicely, I want to see what they can do with Reagor/Fulgham/Watkins/Hightower. Maybe even JJAW. So you could probably grab a guy in 2nd/3rd round.

Similar to Gannon with his track history with CB. 
Im not too concerned about position, as long as they get a pro bowl level player. Team needs talent everywhere. But to me any DE or Barmore would be a disaster pick at 12

2 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I go back and forth on WR and CB having to be the pick at 12. Because at WR the new offensive coaching staff seems to have the credentials of developing WR nicely, I want to see what they can do with Reagor/Fulgham/Watkins/Hightower. Maybe even JJAW. So you could probably grab a guy in 2nd/3rd round.

Similar to Gannon with his track history with CB. 
Im not too concerned about position, as long as they get a pro bowl level player. Team needs talent everywhere. But to me any DE or Barmore would be a disaster pick at 12

I wasn't all that hot on WR at first....but then for me it comes down to what we're going to do at the position if JJAW really is a bust.  I'm not nearly as high on Fulgham as others are, and I'm not letting Watkins or Hightower stop me from getting a blue-chip talent there. 

But CB seems like the screaming, obvious need.  All this BS they're putting out about trading up for Pitts or a QB hits me like it's a cat-and-mouse game with NY and Dallas.  Try to get them to blink first and take a DE or one of the WR's so a CB falls to us.

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

If Denver, or another team, takes Slater, we'll be in excellent shape at 12.

Excellent shape based on what fans want/ think may happen

howie might have someone else in mind 

2 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

I wasn't all that hot on WR at first....but then for me it comes down to what we're going to do at the position if JJAW really is a bust.  I'm not nearly as high on Fulgham as others are, and I'm not letting Watkins or Hightower stop me from getting a blue-chip talent there. 

But CB seems like the screaming, obvious need.  All this BS they're putting out about trading up for Pitts or a QB hits me like it's a cat-and-mouse game with NY and Dallas.  Try to get them to blink first and take a DE or one of the WR's so a CB falls to us.

I’d be happy with Waddle/Smith at #12, Samuel/Campbell/Stokes at #37, Myers (C from OSU) at #70, and Nasirildeen or Hunter Long (TE) at #84

Conversely, go Horn/Surtain at #12, Marshall/Moore at #37, Rashad Weaver (DE) or Myers at #70 and Tylan Wallace/Nasirildeen/Long at #84

34 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

This is probably the one thing I’m most curious about this year with new coaching staff is how healthy the team can stay. I’ve wondered if the injuries were an issue from Pederson & his coaching staff or it was just downright awful luck for 3 straight years. As much as I dislike chip I don’t remember his teams being injured a lot. Andy had bad luck in 2012 with injuries but before that I don’t remember it being an issue. 

time will tell, but if this roster is fully healthy, we’ll likely be better than we’re all anticipating 

Don't forget the article of a certain someone that was pushing Lane Johnson to play even though he was dealing with ankle issue. Johnson went on to play and lasted 10 or so plays before aggravating his injury and making it worse. 

11 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

I was the opposite of you.  I wanted WR all day long at 6 or 12.  I wanted nothing to do with CB.  Now that I look at the possibility of adding a top flight CB this year and potentially next year, it has me super excited.  

I would still love Waddle at 12 or if Pitts/Chase fall to 8 or 9 trade up.  I'd even be OK with Smith at 12 now.  Just get me an impact player.

I do NOT want Kwitty Paye at 12.  If a guys draft profile says he has POTENTIAL to eventually start, hard pass.  

I've voiced my opinion on OL and don't want at all.

It's for Waddle.

This isn't that f'ing hard. Stay at 12 and take one of Waddle, Smith, Surtain or Horn. One will be there.

22 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

I wouldn't want the Eagles giving up a 3rd unless we can flip Ertz for a 4th.

Giving up the equivalent of #12, Ertz and a 3rd to get #9 and a 4th is palatable.  

Let’s see...before involving Ertz:

6 overall + 3rd + 5th versus 9 overall + 4th + 2022 first.

That is a pretty good net maneuver.  Of course, it all depends on what one thinks of the player we get at 9.  

For Waddle, I’d be ecstatic.  For Smith or one of the CBs, I’d just as soon wait and see who falls to 12.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It's for Waddle.

This isn't that f'ing hard. Stay at 12 and take one of Waddle, Smith, Surtain or Horn. One will be there.

I have felt for a couple days now waddle would be the guy they trade up for if they did trade up. Just my opinion but i think they would view him as their own tyreek Hill. they want that type of speed on the field along with reagor and potentially Watkins with sanders in the backfield. I could see surtain/horn but my gut feeling just tells me that’s a guy they’d target and love thinking they got their tyreek Hill. 

Don't like the idea of having your pick dictated for you. Not all of the players who are picked in the 12 range will end up working out as we know. Get the guy you like the most.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It's for Waddle.

I’d easily part with a 3rd to go up and get my guy, rather than scoop up the leftover of that group at 12.

Now, that’s because I’m a disproportionate Waddle fan.  If someone doesn’t feel that way, then it makes sense to wait it out at 12.

I wasn’t a huge Chase fan, so that’s why I was OK with trading out of 6.

Howie is going to draft a bust with that 3rd round pick anyways, so might as well trade it and get a guy considered more of a sure thing.

14 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

I’m a fan of Fulgham. I thought that stretch of games he had was impressive. I blame his disappearance on Pederson’s coaching staff, and partly on DC adjusting. But I agree that if Waddle/Smith are there you strongly consider it. As much as I like Chase/Pitts the trade down was the right move.
CB is definitely a need, probably the biggest need. A trade up to get past Dallas and NYG might be necessary so we don’t lose out on Surtain/Horn. 

I also think OL should be a priority 

6 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I’d easily part with a 3rd to go up and get my guy, rather than scoop up the leftover of that group at 12.

Now, that’s because I’m a disproportionate Waddle fan.  If someone doesn’t feel that way, then it makes sense to wait it out at 12.

I wasn’t a huge Chase fan, so that’s why I was OK with trading out of 6.

My preference would be Waddle but it depends on what the price is to move up. I also factor in if he's there at 8 or 9, there's probably a good chance he makes it to 12. Denver and Dallas aren't taking him, Giants wouldn't make sense to take him, so you are basically just risking one of Denver or Dallas trading back.

I also think he could go #6 or #7 which would make all this moot.

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

My preference would be Waddle but it depends on what the price is to move up. I also factor in if he's there at 8 or 9, there's probably a good chance he makes it to 12. Denver and Dallas aren't taking him, Giants wouldn't make sense to take him, so you are basically just risking one of Denver or Dallas trading back.

I think Waddle will go much, much earlier than expected.  The speed wr of a draft always does.  I don’t even think he’ll be there at 9.  If we really want him, I think we needed to take him at 6...which is not good value at all.  I’m happy to take the 2022 pick instead.  

If he’s there at 8-9, I’d easily give up the 3.  Any more than that and our little down/up maneuver starts to tilt against us and we should have just made the pick at 6.

5 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'd take Parsons 10/10 times over Paye and I hate 1st round LB'ers 

Not even close. Parsons is way above Paye. 

Read the rumor that Dolphins will take Waddle, leaving Chase available at 7. Eagles should certainly see about trading up with DET depending on the cost, but there’s no way DET would pass on Chase, right?

36 minutes ago, RLC said:

If Denver, or another team, takes Slater, we'll be in excellent shape at 12.

What we really need is a big run on QBs. 

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I think Waddle will go much, much earlier than expected.  The speed wr of a draft always does.  I don’t even think he’ll be there at 9.  If we really want him, I think we needed to take him at 6...which is not good value at all.  I’m happy to take the 2022 pick instead.  

If he’s there at 8-9, I’d easily give up the 3.  Any more than that and our little down/up maneuver starts to tilt against us and we shouldn’t just made the pick at 6.

We will either take Paye, or Devonta Smith will fall and we take him, and then he gets broken in half by an NFL safety and never recovers.

1 minute ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Read the rumor that Dolphins will take Waddle, leaving Chase available at 7. Eagles should certainly see about trading up with DET depending on the cost, but there’s no way DET would pass on Chase, right?

Not if this is true

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-lions-tried-to-trade-for-no-4-pick-falcons-price-too-high/ar-BB1g9hCb

Archived